Part 22: Wedding Bells

Wow, we surpassed my first book, thank you for the support.

18 April 2010

Poland

10 am

3rd Person POV

After assuring the entire family that he is alright (had to buy a shit-ton of flowers and chocolate to calm Zofia down) and getting interviewed by investigators of the aeroplane crash, Y/N has been proven to be not involved in the 'accident'. Flying from Warsaw back to Wroclaw, the two wanted to have the wedding in their hometown. They invited friends and family from both sides, as well as operators Muszla and Fluorine to be best man and bridesmaid, with Zofia wanting to have the event as private as possible. Her father had other ideas.

In the back of Zofia's old home, there were rows of chairs on the lawn, facing a mini stage. At the back, a long row of tables, bottles of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, Igor in a formal suit ready to serve drinks. Y/N's family was helping the arrangements, Y/N's nephew and niece handling the cus. The soon-to-be husband and wife duo were inspecting and arranging the area as well, noticing that extra chairs and Igor serving drinks.

Zofia: I don't remember inviting that many guests. Y/N did you do that?

Y/N: I don't think so.

Jan: I did it. Your wedding is supposed to be a joyous occasion, with only a few people from the families, so I invited some of my friends to join in.

Zofia: Pa I wanted a private event. With recent happenings, I am afraid of anything weird happening.

Y/N: Relax, sweetie. Dad here has a point, besides, the more the merrier. It is about time, time to change your clothes.

Jan: I am starting to love Y/N as a son-in-law.

The two proceeded into the house, with their best man and bridesmaid, heading for separate bedrooms to change into their wedding attire. Y/N put on his formal uniform, similar to what Zofia wore on her prize presentation day. Looking at the mirror, Y/N did his tie and attached his rank, wiping off any sweat and dust from his appearance. 'Today is the day.' Y/N thought to himself, before taking a deep breath. "You can do it, Y/N." Muszla motivated. Leaving the room, the two approaches Zofia's room,  knocking on her door. "Coming," Zofia informed, her feet could be heard approaching the door before she opened it. 

Zofia was wearing a classic wedding dress, her sunglasses covered by the veil. Y/N whistled at her, giving Zo the blushes. 

Y/N: You look beautiful.

Zofia: I have too, this is the second set of clothes I envisioned myself in.

Y/N:  The first?

Zofia: Uniforms of GROM Specialists.

Fluorine: Zofia, we still need to touch up your makeup.

Y/N: I see. I'll assist Dad in greeting the crowd.

Zofia remained in the house, as the two men left to join Jan Bosak.

Guests began streaming, people in high positions were greeted by the three men, shaking hands and thanking them for coming. Some of the guests took a glance at Y/N's rank, scoffing softly behind his back. Y/N ignored it, because it was supposed to be a good day.

With the guests settled, Y/N took position on the mini-stage with the priest. With the help of his brother Nikolai playing music via his iPod, the wedding started. 'Wedding March' played through the speakers, and Y/N began eyeing the back door to the house.

Zofia appeared from the door, with Jan coupling her arm. Clasping his hand over her, the two walked down the aisle, applause coming from the audience as they walk by. Reaching the stage, Jan released his hand, clasping the two lovebirds' hands together, before taking his seat.