Part 10: Scouting Around

Iraq,March 2007.

8 am

"That will be 80000 Dinar." The shopkeeper requested. Y/N paid the man the amount, before taking the bags of food. The group usually get a 2 month supply of food, maximizing time used in scouting the enemy. Y/N carried the heavy bags of food, while Ela and Meghan were shopping around the area not helping. "Meghan, look at this. Is it nice."Ela said as she pointed out to a Traditional Kurdish dress. "It does, wanna try it out?" Meghan replied, Ela nodding her head enthusiastically. The two took some dresses, before changing our from their current clothes. Y/N groaned, he does not really like staying the area, the warlord's followers were patrolling. The two ladies came out we in the traditional clothes."What do you think?" Ela asked for Y/N's opinion. "Looks good."Y/N replied, wanting to get out as soon as possible."We'll take it."Meghan replied before paying the cashier for the two dresses. The group exited the shop, ladies still in their dresses, to see the aftermath of a store owner not paying the 'protection money'.His goods of cloth were all on the floor, while he laid flat on the floor, getting struck by butt-stocks of their AKs. One of the follower ransacked a basket,taking all its contents of cash,before all of them left the store owner alone, the leader spitting on the victim. The group began heading for the next store, before getting distracted by Ela and Meghan. "Damn you two look fine, decent curves, nice faces (ehem Valkyrie). Wanna follow us, we offer better protection."  The leader said after checking the girls out. " We will want to decline that offer." Valkyrie said, before the two began getting groped. "Oh you don't have a choice." The leader threatened. Y/N, having enough of this shit, took down the men groping his teammates. "OK, lets run." He commanded, all three making a run from it. "What.." The leader rubbed his hate. "Looks like we have company." He commented.

With the three back at base, Y/N was proceeding to the kitchen." Thanks for saving our asses" Valkyrie thanked before leaving for the gym with Blackbeard and Poker. Ela was hugging onto Y/N tightly, like the time back at 2003. " Don't worry, I am with you, I will not let anyone hurt you." Y/N assured, holding onto her hand. " Now, I remembered you wanted to learn how to make Fish Soup, want to learn now?" Ela nodded, the two proceeded to the kitchen to make lunch for the team.

"Alright team, we have a mission." Blackbeard called out the team. Y/N brought out a pot of soup to the meeting tent, Ela smiling with the cutlery. "Lets enjoy lunch while we discuss." Y/N suggested. Everyone got a bowl of soup, before settling down.

BB: OK, we have reports saying that the roads to our east and west will be targets for planting of IEDs later today. To cover more ground, we will need to split up, Team USA and Team Poland. We leave within half an hour.

Poker: What should we expect from the enemy.

Valkyrie:Keep your distance, these explosives are very deadly.

Ela: Do not underestimate them, these plus their weapons compensate for their training.

Y/N: Alright, anymore questions?

All: Can I have more soup?

Y/N: ... ... Fine.

The team enjoyed Y/N's soup, before suiting up, loading their weapons. While loading his Micro-Uzi magazines, Ela popped into her room. "Y/N...remember to watch my back." Ela taunted. Y/N loads a magazine into his before pulling back the charging handle. "I always do." Y/N replied, putting the gun to safety and continue loading his other weapons. Each team got on a Humvee, driving towards their objective.

Team Poland parked their Humvee on the side, taking point. Ela lays her mines out on the roadside, before returning back to Y/N, readying for a stakeout. After a few hours, four trucks appeared, Y/N waking Ela up to be ready up. Y/N took his sights, putting the enemies heads onto his cross-hairs. The enemies were holding onto an object, looks very heavy since a pair were required to carry such an object. There were about 24 hostiles. As a pair began planting, they discovered a concussion mine. Before they could react, the mine detonated, disorienting many hostiles. Taking advantage of the situation, Team Poland began firing at the enemies, eliminating a few of them quickly. The rest of the hostiles dropped their heavy objects, trying to take cover and retaliate against the two Polish soldiers.. This triggered even more Grzmot mines, forcing enemies to jump out like Whack-A-Mole, easy head-shots for Team Poland. Bullets were flying from the enemy, going past the two within inches. Y/N used his sharp eyesight, tracking the tracers' direction, unleashing hell in their sources. Minutes passed, and the duct cleared, the surroundings quieten down. Y/N began scanning the area, checking for any still living fighters. " What should we do now?" Ela asked. Y/N pulled out his Micro-Uzi, replying, " We check it out." as he switches the gun to full-auto. The two began stealthily walking, Ela still using her AK, walking through the gruesome scene, organs everywhere, blood flowing out of the bodies. Ela went to collect back the unused Grzmot mines while Y/N began looting the bodies, taking some AK-magazines, before shifting the bodies to the side of the road. Y/N made a makeshift cross, placing it in front of the bodies, before doing a prayer and crossing his heart. He proceeded to place all the heavy objects into the convoy of trucks. 

Y/N: IEDs, we saved a lot of our men's lives for these 24.

Ela: Don't feel bad, they did these actions, they had to face the consequences.

Y/N: I know, but think that a family is at their home, waiting for their return when they are here, decomposing.

Y/N took an Impact Grenade from Ela, before throwing at the trucks, causing a huge explosion. Taking cover from their Humvee, the two boarded it, radioing in for Team USA.

Y/N: Team Poland to USA, do you copy, over.

BB: Yeah, we just finished dealing with the hostiles in our area. Report back at base for debrief,over.

Ela: Understood, over and out.

The Humvees parked outside their tent. The group entered the meeting tent, ready for debrief.

BB: Good job team, we managed to take care of the threat, keeping our soldiers and other civilians safe. 

Valkyrie: Let's hope we can get this success again.

Poker: Who is up for some burgers, it is my turn to make dinner.

Ela: me Me ME ME

Y/N: Enjoy your dinner, I will turn in for the night.* leaves for his room*

Valkyrie: Is he alright, he looks different from when he left.

Ela: I will go get him, in the mean time get dinner ready.

Ela proceeds to Y/N's room, to see Y/N on his bed, staring and inspecting his own two hands.

Ela: What's wrong? We should get some food after that intense operation.

Y/N: These hands feel so dirty, but yet every time I clean it, the feeling remains.

Ela: It is not your fault, it is not because we want to, but because we have to. We saved potentially more people from this operation.

Y/N: They had families too, why are you comfortable with eating after that mission?!

Ela: It is our job, it is for the greater good. You in this mood will also make me feel bad.

Y/N: ...Alright, I will get some dinner, let me just unload my pistol.

Ela leaves the room, hearing a single bang coming from it after taking a few steps. 'Nononono...' Ela thought before rushing back to the room. "Y/N! ARE YOU OK?" Ela kicked down the door, staring at Y/N. Y/N was staring at his wall, his RG15 still smoking from the shot, after burrowing a hole into his wall . "Ummm,I forgot to activate the safety, I'm fine."Y/N assured." Just get my serving ready." "I will wait for you." Ela said, waiting outside the the room. Y/N came out of his room, after unloading all his weapons, taking a deep breath, before following Ela for dinner. Y/N will have to put up a lot fpr his father's well-being.