Part 28: Family Time

28 June 2011

9 am

Poland

3rd Person POV

A long deserved rest day for Y/N. With the severe injuries received from the mission, Y/N had to rest for a few days. Reliving the memories, he recalled Ela's confession. Y/N has not told Zofia about it, but also questioned himself deeply. Did he have a feeling for the little green-haired girl that smile the brightest around him? He remained confused in thought, before the Bosak Anchor stop his train of thought.

Zofia: Kochanie, feeling better?

Y/N: Zofia, you should how it feels to take a bullet.

Zofia: Just teasing you. I am off today, so we can do whatever we want. Little Jane over here has been restless these past few days. A movie would be well-deserving for us too.

Y/N: Hmm, that little honeybee has been bugging us real good. As expected of the Wasp's daughter.

Zofia: Of course. It is your day, what you want to do?

Y/N thought deep about what to do with his beautiful wife.

Y/N: Lets head out. A family outing. Jane here should at least feel the world she is in.

Zofia nodded her head.  Y/N readying the pram and their daughter while Zofia changed out to her outdoor clothes.

The two set off for the park. Y/N and Zofia was looking around the area as they strolled. Youths could be seen hanging out with skateboards and bicycles, while elderly couples and families walkong about the neighbourhood. All of them have one thing in common, being carefree of the environment. There wasn't a thought on danger, just happiness.

Reaching the park, the two set down on a bench, keeping the pram close to them as they breathed the fresh air.

Y/N: Zo?

Zofia: Yes, Kochanie?

Y/N: Thank you.

Zofia: What for?

Y/N: I used to think of the job as just a temporary fix for my family's money issue. But after working so long, I appreciates the opportunity given. Making sure our day to day life is unaffected makes me fell good inside.

Zofia: I knew I did not pick the wrong person. You were built for the job, your selflessness and perseverance in Iraq was what motivated me to want you in the GROM.

The two continued enjoying the scene, before noticing some boys playing around in the sand, building sandcastles(totally not statues of Castle himself) as well as playing in the water. Zofoa shuddered from the view, having skight flashbacks to the fateful day.

Y/N: *took notice of Zofia's displeasure* Kochanie, you alright?

Zofia: Erm, I think we should go back home. 'Telling your hubby that you are afraid of water sounds stupid'.

Y/N: Sure...

The two pushed the pram back home, Zofia interlocking her arms with her beloved Y/N.

Zofia: Y/N, I noticed that Ela has been very close to you for the past two days.

Y/N: 'Does she know?' *breaks into cold sweat* Really, I don't see it.

Zofia: She has been interacting with you a lot, I always see her within 5 metres of you back in HQ.

Y/N: 'Looks like no.' Maybe it has been a while since we last saw each other. A few years of not seeing each other makes sense.

Zofia: 'Well Papa did shun her alot when we were young.' True, just take care of her for me.

Y/N: She is my sister-in-law after all. 'Phew.'

Reaching home, Y/N settled Jane back into her cradle, while Zofia prepared the movie. She wanted something romantic for the two, renting a DVD of 'Titanic'. Y/N joined Zofia on the sofa, cuddling together as the movie played.

A lot has went through the movie, now was the scene of Rose floating on a piece of wreckage, Jack hanging off the edge in the freezing water. Zofia was notably feeling uncomfortable, the water bringing back flashbacks. Zofia tightened her grip on Y/N, as Jack said his last few words. Jack soon sank into the water, succumbing to the effects of hypothermia.

Y/N now understood why Zofia was scared, the bad memory was flashing back into her head after viewing any scene with water. Y/N shifted to the front of Zofia, getting on his knees and cupping her hands.

Y/N: Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you. I can be your Jack.

Zofia: Nonsense, I don't want you to lose your life for me.

Y/N kisses her ring and embraced Zofia in a hug.

Y/N: I won't die uselessly, I am here to partner you for the rest of life's journey.

The two maintained the hug, before carrying on with their rest-day.