Part 27: Reconnaissance

Pic is from Deviantart user StanChen18

26 June 2011

9 am

GROM HQ

3rd Person POV

The team was just relaxing in their dormitory, Muszla and Fluorine were slacking on their beds. Y/N was busy modifying his Snake Cams in the dorm, adding resistors and checking the camera for quality, Ela in the background admiring his technique, as well as his looks.

Ela: How does it work?

Y/N: What? My gadget?

Ela: Yeah, how does it function for operations.

Y/N: Well...*insert complex words about the drill and camera that I am not sure what to put in* So, you got it?

Ela:*dazed* What...

Y/N: OK, it eats through a material,  giving camera view of inside.

Ela: Oh...

Zofia enters the room in a blouse and trousers, carrying a folder. Everyone except Y/N and Ela stood up to greet the Second Lieutenant, but she didn't mind.

Zofia: Team, we have a mission. *distributes handouts for the team to read*

Zofia: Reports has shown there is a surge in drug deals in our section of the country. An informant added that a new player is in town. El Pablo, of Mexican descent, just gained Polish citizenship. It is unknown what he does with the money, living such a frugal life. He has a gang, well-armed, so do look out.

Fluorine: What is the plan?

Zofia: The informant did say another dealing will be happening tomorrow, we will raid them and interrogate for their location.

Y/N: Shouldn't this be passed to the regular police or even the drug authority for such a mission.

Zofia: We have reason to suspect the money is going into the wrong hands. Ela will be assigned the mission.

Ela: Really Zo?

Zofia: Higher-ups need to see if you are capable of being an operator. You will have the privilege to choose whoever to be your partner. I was thinking of mys...

Ela: Y/N.

Y/N: What?!

Fluorine: Why not I partner...

Ela: Y/N.

Zofia: *eyebrow raised* But why?

Ela: We did draw on our mini-match.

Zofia: That would mean you will be on cleaning duty for a month. 'She wouldn't do it, her room was always messy.'

Ela: Deal. 'Worth it.'

Zofia: ' No way.' Fine, Y/N will be your partner. I will brief you two in a few hours. 'I have a bad feeling about this'

Y/N: Do I have the right to say no?

Ela: No.

Y/N: *sighs* I'm in. 'Time to push father-daughter time to a later date'.

Zofia: Y/N, I need to talk to you outside.

Y/N and Zofia exited the room, Y/N closing the door behind him. With the door closed shut, Y/N was grabbed and slammed to a wall by Zofia. She began passionately kissing the astounded man.

Zofia: You missed the morning kiss.

Y/N: Is just one kiss.

Zofia: I don't want it to be my last. These are hardened criminals, doing anything for money.