11| the suspension

Colton | Co Worker

Colton | Co Worker

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
12:20 pm

"This is the Suicide Hotline, where we try to convince you not to kill yourself. How may I help you?"

"You're not Asa"

"No I'm not unfortunately, may I ask who I'm talking to?"

"That's not important. What happened with Asa?"

"She was given a two day suspension for taking personal calls during work hours. I presume she was talking to you?"

"It wasn't personal if I was calling the hotline. She's helping me get over my suicide issue that's all"

"Well there is nothing I can do. She's still suspended. I'm her co-worker Mandy and I'm currently filling up her spot. Perhaps I could help you with your suicide problem?"

"No thanks. I prefer speaking to Asa. I'm more comfortable with her"

"I understand, I'll tell Love that it was a misunderstanding on her part. Since you're not going to speak to me I think this is the end of our conversation"

"Why do you talk so professionally?"

"This is a place of work Mr. I'm obliged to talk professionally"

"Yeah but its a hotline for suicidal people, aren't you supposed to be like friendly?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that you sound extremely robotic Mandy, just hearing you would give me the strength to kill myself"

"Excuse me? I am deeply offended Mr. Who are you to question my working capability?"

"A person who pays your wages. I mean don't you get paid from how long you talk to me? With my credits? The least you could do Mandy is be friendly so that my money is at least going to a good cause"

"I am going report this call Mr. I am offended beyond measure because I take my work seriously"

"Too seriously perhaps. I'm not being offending, I'm just trying to give you advice. I bet no one calls you for more than a minute or two"

"..."

"That answers my question. You should loosen and be more friendly and you would get more calls"

"I am reporting this to Love and forget me telling her that it was a misunderstanding"

"For what? For giving you advice? That is just sick"

"Good bye Mr. Rude man and have a nice day."

*dial tone*

Written: 17 March 2018Published: 31 August 2018

Published: 31 August 2018

---384 Words---