12| the changed slots

Asanda | Carly •••••••••••••••••••••••••5: 50 pm

Asanda | Carly
•••••••••••••••••••••••••
5: 50 pm

"This is terrible"

"Hello to you too bestie"

"I can't believe Love extended my suspension to a full week"

"Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack. Mandy was the one who was filling up for me and she got angry for some odd reason and managed to convince Love to extend my suspension"

"Mandy? The one with the robotic voice?"

"That's the one"

"What a byotch! How did she convince Love to extend your suspension?"

"I don't know how because Love won't tell me the reason"

"I'm pretty sure that its illegal for her to do that"

"Maybe. But you know how she is and I'm not in the mood to go to the police about such a petty thing"

"You're right it is petty. What are you going to do for the rest of the week?"

"I don't know. I'll see as it goes and you know what irritates me the most?"

"Almond nuts"

"Funny Reeds"

"I'm kidding. What is it that irritates you the most? ... either than almonds you know"

"She changed my slot times which means--"

"You won't be able to talk to whats his face"

"Colton but yeah I won't. The dude has already memorized when my shift is and if I change slots then we won't talk anymore"

"Anymore? Don't you have his numbers or something?"

"You know that I don't give out numbers to strangers ... let alone a person I haven't met."

"Of course... that's something that you would do. But don't you regret it? Not giving him your numbers?"

"I don't know if I do. I mean ... maybe I do because he made my work day even more bearable because of all the depressing calls I have to take"

"Aww! You miss him! I told you this was fate!"

"Please don't start Reeds"

"Fine. But deep down, you know I'm right"

"Whatever"

"You didn't deny it"

"Reeds!"

"Don't call me that and fine I'll stop. Anyway, does that mean you won't talk to him again?"

"Isn't it obvious? I mean Love has more than fifty employees and do you think that Chi-- I mean Colton will go through all of them just to find me?"

"I don't know, its a possibility. With what you've told me about him, he seems like a guy who would do just that"

"Really?"

"Why are you being so doubtful Asanda? Can't you be optimistic for once?"

"I am optimistic"

"Really?"

"Okay I'm not, but can you blame me? I've been hurt one too many times to be optimistic"

"It's been three years. He's not going--"

"Drop it"

"I hate seeing you like this Asanda! You're always unhappy and grumpy and now you have the opportunity to finally be happy and--"

"Reeds drop it. I mean it"

"..."

"I'm sorry. Please don't cry Carly. I don't like seeing you cry"

"... You're making it hard for me not to cry"

"I'm sorry, I just don't like talking about it. You know that"

" I know... anyway. We should head to the pier. I heard Ray is throwing an epic party"

"Do you want me to recite the best friends rule book again? Because I'll gladly do so"

"I'd like to see you try. Race you to the sign!"

"Why you little..."

Written: 17 March 2018Published: 31 August 2018

Published: 31 August 2018

---555 Words---