79| the sarcasm

Asanda | Carly

Asanda | Carly

■■■

"How has it been going babe?"

"I've been taking it as I go I guess."

"I'm so proud of you Asa, most people would attempt to take their lives after what you've been through."

"You think?"

"I know babe. "

"Thank you for always being with me Carly-- I can't, I can't even--"

"Hey-- You don't need to thank me Asa, I'm your best friend. Its my duty to make you embarrassed as well as comfort you in times of need"

"..."

"There's that smile."

"You're so cheesy."

"Duty best friend, my duty"

"I love you Carly Jane Jackson"

"I love you too Asanda Vanessa Lovett."

"...So what have you been up to?"

"Nothing much studying here and there. Ray actually said that he misses you."

"You lie"

"I'm serious. He said, and I quote "I kinda miss that little piece of shit."

"Some sentiment and an insult wrapped all in one sentence, classic Ray"

"I know right? ... so Asa?"

"Yeah?"

"What's gonna happen to the program? you do know that its in a few weeks right?"

"I know ... I'm still going, I have to go, after every shit I've been through, I deserve something good happening in my life."

"You're right. Are you scared?"

"Terrified. But I'm also excited, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"I'm so proud of you but you know that ---"

"Let's not talk about that, I've successfully managed not to think about it this past month."

"But--"

"Reeds no."

"Fine. You still speaking to loverboy?"

"How could I when I had a pyscho ex boyfriend on my heels."

"Tone down the sarcasm you bitch. Are you ever going to talk to him?"

"I don't know..."

"I think you should, Asa he has been someone who has made you happy, really happy, don't loose that for some dude with obsessive tendencies."

"Maybe..."

"If you don't call him, you would be still giving Jamie power over you."

"..."

"Sorry for being blunt but you know I'm right"

"I know ... its just, I'm scared-- what if-- what if he is already bored with me?"

"What if he isn't? Look Asa, you shouldn't let your insecurities get in the way of your happiness. You won't know whether he is bored of you or not until you call him."

"... I guess you're right."

"I'm always right."

"Very modest Reeds."

We are progressing somewhere aren't we?

Written: 28 April 2018Published: 15 May 2020

Published: 15 May 2020

---406 Words---