48 | the abrupt confession

Asanda | Colton
•••••••••••••••••••••
9:00pm

"Why did you hang up so suddenly?"

"I was busy..."

"Busy doing what?"

"Working up the courage"

"To do what?"

"To say something"

"Like what?"

"I'll tell you soon enough baby girl. So what's the book of the night?"

"I'm not reading a book"

"Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack"

"Breaking news! My one and only princess! For the very first time! Isn't reading a book! Can you guys believe it?"

"...your one and only princess?"

"Is that the only thing you heard?"

"No... but I'm your one and only princess?"

"You're my number one girl princess"

"...I--what?"

"Why is that surprising? You're the only girl I literally talk to... well except my sister"

"...I--um..uh.."

"Which brings me to what I'm about to say"

"..."

"I like you"

"I like you too"

"No. I mean, I like you... as in more than a friend"

"..."

"I've been meaning to tell you a few times but I always chickened out... I guess I'd lived up to my nickname huh?"

"..."

"Um-- this is the part where you say something? Anything?"

"Your confession... is very... abrupt"

"Oh-- is it too soon? Look I know that we've known each other for a few days but there is no mistaking how I feel princess. I like you"

"Um.. I don't--"

"I figured since you acted jealous that time that you might feel the same way... so I took my chances and..."

"I--"

"Messed up didn't I? I mistook your jealousy for something else and now you don't feel the same way and ruined our budding friendship. Fuck! I always mess things up like usual"

"No I--"

"I'm sorry princess... maybe I should have waited a little more and then say it or not saying anything at all!"

"Chi--"

"I value you baby girl and I value your friendship. Please forgive me for messing up--"

"CHICKEN! WOULD YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME?"

"You don't need to say it princess. I already know--"

"Chicken just shut the hell up"

"Shutting up"

"I-- I like you too Colton... but--"

"You like me like that? Are you serious?"

"I'm scared Colton..."

"I'm scared too... I've never had--"

"No listen... the last time I was in a relationship, it didn't end very well...and I swore to myself that I wouldn't be in a relationship anytime soon"

"What are you trying to say Asanda?"

"I'm saying that I like you but I'm not ready to be in a relationship yet.. I'm still trying to pick up the pieces from my last relationship"

"I can help you princess.. I can--"

"No. I need to do this myself, besides I'm a messed up girl. You wouldn't want to be with me"

"I would. I'm a messed up person too baby girl. Together we can be--"

"No I'm literally messed up.. you wouldn't understand besides I like you too much to ever put you through that"

"Make me understand baby girl"

"I can't... nobody can."

"You're breaking my heart princess"

"I'm sorry"

"So thats it then?"

"No. It doesn't have to be... I'd still like to be your friend"

"Wow, I'm friendzoned by the girl who actually likes me back"

"...sorry"

"That's cool. I get it. I would be a hypocrite if I actually try to convince you to date me"

"Why?"

"You're not the only one with dirty secrets princess"

Written: 05 April 2018Published: 30 April 2020

Published: 30 April 2020

---574 Words---