80| the half explanation

Asanda | Colton ■■■5:23 pm

Asanda | Colton
■■■
5:23 pm

"Asanda?"

"Hi."

"Baby girl. Its so good to hear your voice. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too."

"I was so worried. Did you get my voicemails."

"Yeah. I was too afraid to call you back."

"Can you explain why?"

"Do you really wanna know?"

"Is that a rhetorical question? Isn't it the reason why I asked Princess?"

"I-- okay, just promise you won't change your image of me once you hear this."

"Impossible baby, I wouldn't change my opinion of you even if I wanted to"

"You cheese ball you."

"I'm just being honest princess."

"..."

"Princess?"

"Three years ago I met a guy named Jamie"

"You-- you don't have--"

"No. Its fine, I need to get this off my chest anyway. We had instant chemistry and we started dating not too long after that. At first, he was the perfect boyfriend, I was so so happy with him."

"Baby--"

"Please... please let me finish Colton."

"Okay..."

"He was amazing, always tending to my needs and basically being the epitome of a good boyfriend but-- but then he changed right before my eyes. He became controlling and ... and p-p-possessive and I didn't know the reason why, I always thought I was a good girlfriend to him...

Never cheated... always faithful to him and our relationship. He forbid me from having any kind of contact of the male variety. I remember, one day, I was talking to one of my guy friends from that time and he got so pissed that he... he hit me."

"No..."

"I thought nothing about it at first because I thought it was my fault so I let it go. I didn't know that not doing something about it. I would practically dig my own grave..."

"Asanda baby--"

"Colton please, please."

"I can't stand to--"

"The hits got worse as time went on you know? He started beating me black and blue. It had gotten so b-bad that mom and Carly knew about it and demanded me to open up a case but I was too afraid of him, plus... I had the naive feeling called hope. I hoped that he would change and we would go back to the perfect couple we once were. Stupid"

"Its not being stupid Asa--"

"I WAS STUPID COLTON DON'T YOU GET IT? I WAS FUCKEN NÀIVE AND STUPID BECAUSE HE STILL CONTINUED TO HURT ME!"

"..."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to--"

"Its okay princess, no need to apologize. You don't need to finish up the story if you don't want to"

"I'm--I'm sorry.."

"I think I've connected the pieces enough to get the gist. I'm just grateful that you're alive baby girl and that I still have a chance to hear your sweet voice over this line."

"... I---"

"Don't say anything baby girl."

"Okay..."

"..."

"..."

"I missed you princess"

"I missed you too Chicken."

Slowly but surely the puzzle pieces are starting to get put together although there is still a few more missing pieces

Slowly but surely the puzzle pieces are starting to get put together although there is still a few more missing pieces. We will find them.

Written: 28 April 2018Published: 15 May 2020

Published: 15 May 2020

---520 Words---