67| the rules

Asanda | Jamie | Carly•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"I'm going to explain this to you once and you better listen okay?"

"Yeah"

"You're going to go to college and come straight here after you're done--"

"--But I have work after lectures"

"You're not going so make an excuse, take leave, pretend you're sick, shoot yourself. I don't care, just know that you aren't going to work. I have eyes everywhere pumpkin patch so don't even think about going out of line. You are not to talk to anyone but me whether in or out of school. That means no more Carly, no more parents. You're cutting them completely from your life"

"Jamie please--"

"No requests. I never liked that Carly girl anyway, thought she was a nuisance and clingy so I'm doing you a favor."

"How will I do that? Carly is my best friend-- she's very persistant"

"You'll figure it out Asa. Last but not least, you are not to talk unless I tell you to, you are to remain completely invisible from anyone and I'm moving in here"

"What?!"

"You heard me pumpkin patch. I'm moving in, I don't want any trouble between anyone. This is between the both of us only"

"Ja--"

"No. Speak when I tell you to remember? I'm in control now, total control. I own you Asanda."

"..."

"Those pity tears aren't going to stroke me pumpkin p--"

[A knock on the door interrupts Jamie ]

"Asa? Its me! Open up the door! Since when do you lock it?!"

[Asa turns to Jamie helplessly who only glares at her but keeps quiet. The banging gets louder]

"ASA! OPEN THE DOOR, I'M GOING TO BREAK IN IF YOU DON'T!"

"Please let me let her in, she's really going to break the door if she puts her mind to it"

"Fine. I'll be in your room but I'll be watching you. Five minutes that's all you have to tell her to never be back into your life again or I'll kill her."

"Finally! What the hell took you so lon--- Asa are you okay?"

"I'm fine, stomach bug that's all. I really wanna go back to sleep."

"I can make you soup if you want?"

"No no don't ... and soup is for a cold Carly"

"Well your sense of humor is still there but you look scared... did Jamie come? Did he hurt you?"

[Tears slip from Asanda's eyes as she tries to keep her composure. Asanda hints with her eyes up her room and then back to her several times and hoped she got the message]

"No. He didn't come, but I really need to sleep off this bug now"

"Asanda are you okay? You look really uneasy"

"I'm fine. You wouldn't want to catch the bug in case its contagious so I think its better if you leave and not come back for a week or so"

"But surely it isn't that bad. Its a stomach bug--"

"Carly you really need to go now. I'll be fine just leave"

"You're acting--"

"Go. Go to Ray and his companions and have fun"

"Took you long enough, come on, lets start with your first punishment..."

"..."

Written: 15 April 2018Published: 09 May 2020

Published: 09 May 2020

---532 Words---