4| Problems

“Alyssa, let's go on a vacation to the Maldives.” Claires said after shutting her laptop off.

I was currently in the kitchen just baking some cupcakes for Claires and I.

I look at her with a smile. “We should, right?"

"Absolutely. Or the Bahamas, anywhere  as long as we have some fun away from work." She said, sounding bored.

"Are you sure? You love working." I tell her.

She sighs. "No, it's mom's idea. Thought it be good for you and me."

We laugh when the house phone rings and I pick it up, thinking it was Bryce. I miss him.

"Hell-"

"ALYSSA?" A panicked voice sounded over the telephone. I look at Claire who looks at me in curiosity.

"Who's this?" I ask calmly.

"Alyssa, its me! Maria," she says in a rush and I stand straighter.

What's wrong with her?

"Honey, what's wrong?"

"Please help me. Bryce is tearing up my home!"

               Maria

Books were scattered around the place. Plates broken on the floor. The house was a mess. I had called Alyssa for help. I don't know what dad ever did, but this rich bastard should have manners.

I pick up the broken picture frame and walk up to Bryce who was impatiently waiting for my dad.

Alyssa, hurry... I thought.

"Where's your father?! He better turn himself in or I'll do something worse." He threatened. "Your father is a sick bastard. A stealer!"

Before I could register what I was doing, my hand slapped him across the face. He looks at me with cold hard eyes.

"You have a father, you should know the feeling when someone insults your dad." I snap angrily.

Before he could say or do anything, a soft voice came.

"What's going here?"

We turned and found Alyssa standing there innocently with a girl who looked a little like the boy beside me.

"Alyssa," Bryce and I say at the same time.

Alyssa looks at the surroundings and sighed  with disappointment.

            ***

"Okay, what happened?" Alyssa questions softly.

Bryce and Alyssa were seated opposite of me. Bryce was glaring at me while Alyssa was looking at me, trying to understand the situation.

"Mr. Abernathy is behind the embezzlement all along, babe. He'd been stealing money from our company for quite a long time. I had Lyle investigate it and its her father. I came here for him but seems like he fled the country." Bryce explained.

Alyssa nods in understanding. She looks at me sadly. "Maria, our company has been facing a serious problem. Embezzlement. I'm Afraid your dad had been stealing millions. Did you not know of this?" She asked carefully.

I shake my head. I was feeling different emotions at the same time. i was going crazy.

"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!!!?" Risa screamed as she sauntered inside.

        ***

Mom was livid when we'd explained everything.

"He went to Puerto Rico after a meeting. He said he'd be back on Monday."

Dad went to Puerto Rico without telling his kids. Us.

Dad...

"I'll go bring him back myself." Mom states before exiting the house, I was confused and ashamed.

Please comment and vote. Please invite your friends to check out my books too. Thank ya