5| Deal | Pt.1

“Where were your manners, brother? I'm sorry but I know you are angry at Abernathy. But that was his daughter, take it out on the embezzler not her. She has no clue what happened.” Claire said once we were alone at home. Alyssa went straight to our bedroom because she was feeling sick. I came to get medicine for her and Claires followed me.

“I couldn't help it. Why was Alyssa there? How did she know?” I ask, filling a cup with water.

“Maria Abernathy happens to be close friends with Alyssa. Seems like Lys is not just sick, she might be upset.” Claire muses before walking off.

Then Alyssa might be upset with me.

Damn.

         ***

During dinner, mom and dad were angry. Tom was trusted and he betrayed us. What the hell.

We were waiting for a call from Risa Abernathy about her husband's whereabouts. What will this man do to escape what I have for him?

My phone rings and I pick it up to see it was an unknown number.

“Hello." I say, eyes glued to Alyssa who was eating slowly.

“He's at our home in Colorado. I'll text you the details." Risa Abernathy states, hanging up.

This must be hard for her to turn in her husband.

        ***

Three hours later, Alyssa and I marched into the home of the Abernathy.

I saw the bastard sitting on the couch and was about to go at him when Alyssa tugged me back. I look at her with confusion.

“She is my friend's dad. Please don't hurt him.” She pleads and I sigh, nodding.

Alyssa and I sit down across Tom and he couldn't look at us. Ashamed. If he even tries to escape, I will kill him.

"What pathetic excuse do you have?" I ask sternly.

Tom looks around as he spoke."I don't know. I guess, I just got caught up. I wanted to spend more to get more."

"And you lost more than thousands, Tom." I say through gritted teeth. This man is getting on my nerves.

"I was stupid."

"Glad you know that." I snap but Alyssa pats my back and I take a deep breath.

"I have two options for you, Tom since I'm not completely heartless." I began.

“And they are?"

"Go to prison or pay back 45 million dollars back in two months." I tell him, watching his reaction.

"But Mr. Hemsworth, 45 is a big number. I can't get that much in just two months." He says, panicked.

I smirk. "Well then the former is easy."

"I can not go to prison."

"Well then if you have a better option, I might consider it, Thomas."

All of us turned to see my mom standing in the doorway with a mad face. Standing behind her stood Claire.

"I do. Actually." Tom answered.

Mom goes and sits down, crossing a leg over the other. "Of course you do."

"I've been working with your company for more than 17 years, I'm sorry for betraying your trust, Ma'am." Tom apologized. He looks at me then at Alyssa who looked at him kindly. "Here's my deal, you let me go."

"You are such a-" I start but mom puts a hand up to shush me. I had no choice but to listen.

"You let me go and my daughter will come with you guys." Tom says.

"And why will you let her come to our house?" I query, feeling anger course through my veins.

"Maria. My first child. She and your wife went to the same high school for awhile. A few days ago, she told me that Ms. Alyssa Hemsworth can't conceive. I'm willing to let my daughter come and give birth to your child." He finished calmly.

I was going to punch him but Claires and Alyssa held me back with difficult. Mom got up and held me back as I struggle to get to the sick bastard.

I calm down.

"And what makes you think Maria will be willing to do that?" Alyssa snapped.

Tom looked down with no reply from him.

Mom looks at him. "We will think about that."

__

Please COMMENT & VOTE. Share my story so others could check it out. Wait for the next update!