22 | Lies

ALYSSA stood by the closet, looking at me for an explanation as she held a fabric- a boy's shorts.

It was Bryce's.

My heart was thumping so loud against my chest as I try to think of something that wouldn't expose our affair. The nauseous feeling was gone because now all I felt was panic.

But inside of thrashing out on me quickly, I was nervous because Alyssa didn't have much of a reaction. She didn't look mad. She just... her face was neutral. I don't know what she is thinking right now. If she wants to kill me now, she does show.

"I can explain..." I say slowly, looking at her and then the pants.

      I had completely forgot about returning Bryce's pants. I washed and ironed it, forgetting to return it. Because of that, Alyssa found it in my closet and probably already knows I'm Bryce's mistress.

I can not allow her to think that.

"Explain why my husband's shorts is in your closet, Maria. Please be honest, " She said calmly.

I can't be honest right now!

"Uhm," I racked my brain for an answer. "You see-"

We were interrupted when someone opens the door. It was Hya. She comes in, saw the shorts in Alyssa's hold.

"O my God!" Hya shouts, running to my side. I was confused by her actions. What is she doing? Now is not the right time. "Ma'am Alyssa, I am so sorry!"

"Huh?" Alyssa and I both say in unison.

Hya glances at me, as if trying to say she's got this or something.

"Sorry for what?" Alyssa asked my friend. When Hya didn't immediately answer, Alyssa looks at me with seriousness, "Explain why this is in your closet, Maria. Is there something-"

"No, no-" Hya laughs nervously, "There's nothing. Ma'am...It is my fault. I did the laundry and the folding and I accidentally misplaced your Husband's shorts. I folded it and placed it in Maria's basket. I'm so sorry."

Alyssa looks as if she can't believe what she heard, looking at me after,"Is this true?"

I nod frantically, hoping she buys it.

Alyssa sighs, handing me the towel I had asked for before all this shit happened.

"Be careful next time Hya. Do your work well. Don't make me regret hiring you. Okay?" Alyssa tells Hya who nodded at her with her head lowered.

Alyssa smiles at us both then walks up to me, holding my hands, saying, "I've come to tell you that I've decided to let you go."

When I only looked confused, she pulls me to the edge of the bed, making us sit down. Hya takes the hint that we needed to be alone so she closes the door on her way out.

"You came here because of your father's mistake. You had to clean and serve us till you were ready to carry Bryce's and I's child. But, now... I'm letting you go. You are free from your father's debts. Tomorrow, I want you to pack your bags and leave. All weight is lifted off your chest. What kind of a friend would I be to make you stay here..." Alyssa explained, smiling sadly at me.

She was making me feel so guilty at the moment. All I want to now is just cry and confess everything. I'm dying with guilt. Not all weight has been lifted. My shoulders are heavy  still. I have yet to tell Bryce I was pregnant with his child. My family is in trouble again and it's a life or death situation. I have so much things weighing me down. I really want to let all of these out!

No, Lyssa. What kind of friend am I? I thought to myself.

I'm such a bad friend. I do not deserve to be her friend. Look what I've done. They were perfectly fine and then I came along and ruined it.

"But..." I say, trying to protest.

Alyssa only shook her head, saying, "It is okay. I want you to leave. I'm sorry that we even made you come here."

"But Alyssa, I," I really wanted to just tell her about everything.

"You don't deserve to be here. You don't deserve this. You should go out there and follow your dreams, my dear friend. " Alyssa continues, pulling me in for a hug. I didn't immediately hug her, eventually I did.   I hug her tight, gritting my teeth. Tears were forming. It was hard to hold it back.

"I wish you a happy life. As a friend, I want you to be happy. You deserve it." She tells me, rubbing my back.

I couldn't help it anymore and let the tears flow endlessly down my cheeks.

"Its okay," Alyssa laughs. "Don't cry."

But I sobbed even more. The one person, who was genuine and cared for me, was hugging me and comforting me. She did what she could to make me happy. And I....I could ruin hers.

I already have.

"Why are you crying?" She laughs quietly. "This is the part where you're supposed to jump in joy. I know how much you hated here. And prolly Bryce. "

Oh, I'm crying because I love Bryce. I thought. Pulling away, I quickly wipe my tears away probably looking like shit right now in front of this beautiful friend of mine.

"Alyssa, I'm sorry." I blurt out.

Alyssa looks at me, a bit confused. "Why? You didn't do anything wrong."

Should I just confess? The truth is slowly killing me. I can't take it anymore. I need to let it out.

She'll kill me!

I freaked out, and just decided to shake my head in response. Alyssa smiles one more time before excusing herself. Once the door shuts closes, I blow out a breath. I fall to the floor, wondering what is my next move.

Tonight. Or tomorrow. I must find a way to speak to Bryce. I need his help. 

Should I tell him that I'm pregnant? Or just leave him?

-----

Hey guys! I hope you love this chapter. Tell me what you think in the comments. Remember to Comment and vote! Follow me if you want!