6| Deal | Pt. 2

"How can you accept his stupid deal?" I ask angrily, taking of my suit jacket.

"I have not accepted yet, Bryce. This decision goes to Alyssa." Mother says pointedly at Alyssa who looks at her with wide eyes.

"Me?"

"Her?" I ask, making sure I heard it right.

"Why?" Claire asked.

"We need a heir that will carry on the family name. Tom is suggesting his daughter- Maria to carry the Hemsworth heir. That solves your problem." She points between me and Alyssa who hasn't said a word yet. I don't know how to feel.

Instead of complaining or anything, she's listening patiently, not showing any signs of anger or jealousy.

"But this is Alyssa's decision.." Mom says. "I'll be back. I need to see my baby." Mom ran up the stairs to see dad.

"Alyssa, baby. You don't need to do this. Its a stupid deal. I want a baby but from you. Only the woman I love can bare my child. We can adopt." I suggested and she sighs.

"We have until tomorrow to figure it out." She smiled sadly before walking up the stairs to our room. I sigh, watching her.

         Maria

"Don't you ever run away like that! Ever! What? You're going to just flee and we will pay your debts? I should never have married you. Such a poor bastard." Risa yelled at my dad.

I blow out a breath as Risa got up, ranting.  Okay, here's the real truth. Risa isn't exactly my mom. She's my step actually. My biological mom, Lorraina, died in a car accident when I was about 14. Dad never knew she was pregnant with me till her death. He changed me last name to his and I was forced to leave home. Dad already had Risa, his new family. 

"What option did you choose? Don't relax." Risa screamed at dad.

I say politely,"Mom, please relax. We will think this through together. I'm here to help you guys anyway I know how."

Risa scoffs.

"I did not choose any. I made a deal with them." Dad said quietly.

Risa chuckles. "Deal? You had the balls to make a deal? Wow."

Okay, Risa is going to far here.

"What is the deal, father?" I ask curiously but dad only looked at me with guilt.

     Alyssa

I was feeling different kinds of emotions. Sad, anger, happiness. Confusion. Disgusted.

I lay awake in bed with Bryce sleeping. But not really. I feel him turn and feel his gaze on me.

I want so badly to say no to Tom's deal. I thought it was stupid. But then not. This could solve my problem. But then, I wanted to be the one to bare Bryce's child. As his wife. Just that- I CAN'T. Maria doesn't deserve this though. I can't imagine how she would feel about this.

"Lys, baby. Talk to me." Bryce wrapped his arm around waist, pulling me closer. i turn in his arm and look at him. I caress his face.

"You know what I told myself the day I first met you?" I ask him.

He looks confused for a second then,"What?"

I smile. "I told myself that I would do anything to make you happy. To stop being sad."

He half smiles. "I remember, I was sad still about Ruby. Then you came into my life."

"I'm willing to accept the deal." I let out before I could change my mind.

Anything to make him happy.

Its just for 9 months.

But Maria has to accept first.