15 | Evil Plan

MARIA

"Good morning, Mrs. and Mr. Hemsworth, " I greet the elderly couple as they sat by the table. Clara Hemsworth smiled warmly at me whilst her husband goes straight to checking the newspaper.

I serve them their breakfast before going to stand behind the counter. It wasn't long till Bryce showed up in the dining room, looking very handsome in his business suit. He catches me staring and offers me a charming smile. He sits down and I carry his food over to him.

I set his breakfast down before him before pouring fresh orange juice into his glass. All the while, I can feel his gaze fixated on me.

"Bryce? Are you listening to me?" John, his dad, said louder, trying to get his son's attention.

Bryce snaps his gaze to his father, awkwardly clearing his throat. Clara notices something weird between Bryce and I. I glance down at the floor before quickly rushing off but her voice stops me in my tracks.

"Sit down, Maria. You will be joining us for breakfast. " I turn around and muster a smile, going to sit in the chair across Bryce. 

I avoid the couples stares and watch as the maids serve me. I was quiet as Bryce and his parents start a conversation. I merely stayed quiet and had my breakfast.

"Good morning, dear. " Clara smiled at her daughter in law when she enters the room. They exchange greetings and I just smiled at Alyssa.

I sat there, minding my own business. I felt out of place and unwanted for some reason. I wish I had met Bryce under different circumstances. I'm sitting across my friend and my first love. And they're married.

But I want Bryce. I need him in my life. He was talking to Alyssa who looked much better than yesterday. She's slowly getting stronger. She's a strong woman. A very beautiful and kindhearted girl.

If I take away Bryce, what kind of friend would I be?

"I'll see you after work, okay?" Bryce gives Alyssa a small smile. She smiles back at him, kissing him lightly on lips. My heart aches at that.

Bryce cleats his throat before excusing himself. He hugs his parents before exiting the mansion. I keep my eyes on him until he was out of my sight.

"What are your plans for today, dear?" John asked Alyssa.

I glance at her as she answered,"I'll be visiting mother today. I want to make sure she's eating well."

"That's good, my dear. Perhaps next week, we all could use a vacation to the Bahamas. It would be a great family time." Clara smiles.

"Sounds great. That'd be good for mother. She's always going shopping, " Alyssa lets out a small giggle.

I smile at her before casting my gaze to my food. She's lucky. She gets to see her mom. While I'm here. I can't leave till I give them what they want. And my family can't even call me. They must hate me, I guess.

"You can go visit your family, Maria." I look up upon hearing my name. It was Alyssa who spoke.

"Sorry, what?" I ask.

She smiled,"I'll be visiting mom today. Bryce won't be back till 11pm tonight and Ma and Pa," she said, referring to the couple,"-will be back tomorrow afternoon. So, today...you can visit your family. I'm sure you miss them."

A big happy smile makes it up my face as I said,"Thank you."

She smiles once more before finishing her breakfast.

            ***

Alyssa decided it was best to drop me off at my house. We were sitting together in the car as she stared out the window, thinking.

"So what do you and Bryce have in mind for my birthday?" She asked suddenly.

I look at her, confused. But then I remembered it.

"Oh!" I laugh. "Its a surprise. "

Crap. I don't even know what we're planning for Alyssa.

"Hmmmm." She hummed. "What do you want for your birthday?"

I think about it," I don't know."

"Oh come on," She urged, smiling.

"Well, I've always wanted to go horseback riding and attend Nora Dale's piano shows. I love her. It would be even awesome if I met her." I said happily, thinking about it. 

The car comes to a stop outside the gates to my home. Alyssa gives me a hug, saying, "I'll see you tomorrow. "

I wave at her as the car speeds away before making my way into the house, happy to see my family again.

"Hey guys!" I yell happily when  I saw my siblings fighting in the living room.

Elaina and Duke both stop and turn to see me in the doorway. They run towards me with the biggest smiles, hugging me to death.

"OMG! We missed you so much!" They told me. They were so loud while I just laughed. Happy to see them again.

"What with all the raucous?!" I look up at the stairs to see my stepmother glaringly at us. "Oh, you're back."

"Of course she is!" Duke said.

"Yes, but I have to be back at the mansion in the evening. " I inform them.

We all go sit in the living room. "Where's dad?"

Teresa rolled her eyes, saying,"Looking for a job of course. How else is he going to give back the money?"

I stayed silent but Elaina and Duke were persistent. They wanted to know how my life in the luxurious manor like. So I told them all about it.

"Why did you guys never call to check up on me?" I ask, sounding hurt.

My siblings stayed quiet but Teresa glares at me. She orders them to go to their rooms.

"You're there to finish what your dad caused." She said, irritated. "Why did they even let you out?"

I sigh. "Alyssa's gone to visit her mom and won't be back till tomorrow. Even Bryce's parents. But Bryce is coming back at 11pm. I have to go back to serve him."

Teresa looks thoughtful. "Then you must seduce him."

"Excuse me, what?" I blurt out.

"Seduce him. He's rich, Maria. Make him yours. Make him fall in love with you." She demanded.

"Nooo, I will do no such thing. " I snap at her. Though, I know he's already in love with me. But...I can't do that to Alyssa. Never. She's been so good to me. She doesn't deserve this.

"You are stupid if you don't!"

"I will not do that stupid thing, mom. Why would you even say that?!"

"I will make you do it." She gritted out. I couldn't handle it anymore. If I stayed any longer, something worse will happen. So I grabbed my purse and exited the house. I got on a taxi and made my way back to the mansion, aware of the tears rolling down my face.

Why must my life be like this?

Why?

I hope you liked this chapter. Remember to comment and vote. Tell me your thoughts about the chapter. And wait for the next update! Love yall!