13 | Can't Resist

■■■■
Maria
       ■■■■

"Good morning," I greet Claire when she comes in to get milk after her morning jog. She smiles and grabs a milk. She was on her way out when she stops and looks at me. "Do you happen to know if my brother is cheating or something?"

I look at her, not knowing how to answer that. It was so random. "No."

"Okay, well. If you see him with another girl doing something he shouldn't, inform me." She uttered, serious.

I nodded yes and she disappears off. I wipe the counter, thinking about her question.

        * * *

"Are you ready yet, Maria?" Mrs. Hemsworth asked me when I served her tea in the garden.

"No, ma'am. " i  answer, knowing what she's asking. I'm not ready to carry Bryce's child this way.

"Well, when will you be ready? Time's ticking. " She says, staring at me. I look down, not knowing what to answer, but I sighed in relief when Alyssa came to the garden. She is able to walk again, but not in her own yet. Her trainer- Zander- held her so she wouldn't fall.

"Alyssa, dear!" Mrs. Hemsworth smiled brightly when she saw her. They hug and I excuse myself to my room. I pull my phone out and check for messages from my family but sadly there's none.

             RISA

"Why can't we message her? She is our sister. " Duke asked as I prepared dinner.

"Because I said so. She needs to do her job first so we are free from debt." I tell them nonchalantly.

Elaina frowns. "Don't you think she needs words of encouragement from us? Don't you think she might need us? This is too much pressure for her."

"Listen, you little rats. Forget about Maria. Be grateful that isn't  you." I push them out of my way and head to the living room.

           □□□□□
BRYCE
     □□□□□

"So, you want me to help you plan a big surprise party for Alyssa?" Lyle asked slowly as I sit in the chair in front of his desk.

"Yes. That's what I need you for." I tell him.

I'm currently in his office. I want his help in planning this surprise.

"Dude, I'm the boss of the bodyguard agency. Go look for a party planner. I'm busy. You got yourself in that mess." He turns away from me and starts typing away.

"Oh come on, bro." I plead.

"Now, I'm curious. I also noticed it. Why are you and Alyssa looking so distant nowadays? I'm just as curious as Claire." Lyle tells me, looking interested.

I stand up. "You know what? Never mind." Then I walk out of his office.

        ***

     When I got home, Alyssa was asleep already. I sigh and take a shower. My stomach grumbles because I haven't had my dinner yet. I head downstairs to the kitchen and look for something to eat. I decided to have some cereal instead. I take out a bowl and poured me some cereal. I poured milk and sat down on a stool.

I look up when I heard someone coming to the kitchen.  It was Maria. She yawns and nearly jumps when she sees me.

"Hey," she waves and grabs a cup and fills it with water. I nod at her and when she finished drinking, she was about to leave when I stopped her. "Alyssa's birthday is coming up. Would you like to help me plan a surprise party for her?"

She thinks about it for a minute, then smiles. "I'd love to." She smiles and my heart skips a beat. Oh damn....

           ***

    (2 weeks before Alyssa's birthday)

"So Alyssa has always wanted a house in the garden designed by this famous architect guy named Darwin Graham. He will be coming today to start working on it." I said as I pull out a blueprint and spread it out on my desk. Maria looks at it and smiles. "Its beautiful. "

"Thanks, I designed it." I tell her.

"You did an amazing job, Bryce." She said my name. I look at her lips. Damn, I want to kiss those lips.

"You already bought the things I asked for, right?" I ask her and she nods. "Its in my room."

"And the cake? You got it covered right?" She nods once again.

"I have everything taken care of. Alyssa will love it." She smiles. I stand up and went to the wall. I tape the blueprint on the wall and Maria comes to stand beside me.

"And this architect guy...can he finish in time?" She asked curiously.

"I guess. I mean, he's famous so I guess so." I answer. I turn to her  only to see her fixated on my design. She realizes I'm watching her and turns to see me.

"What are you doing to me, Maria?" I blurt out. Ever since she came into my life, I've been so messed up. I am losing myself everytime I'm around her. She is driving me crazy.

"What do you mean?" She asked, standing closer.

"You are driving me crazy..." I whisper, pulling her closer to me.

"Is that a good thing?"

"Yes, it is." With that, I crash my lips against hers.

■■■■

hehehe

Who else hates Bryce?

Poor Alyssa.

Guys, what do you think will happen?

Comment what you think and remember to vote. Thanks!