16 | I want You

The mansion was quiet when I arrived. Since the owners are expected to come back tomorrow, everyone could finally relax... for a few hours since Bryce is coming back at 11pm.

I prepared myself dinner. I made myself some soup before eating it at the dinner table. I quietly stir the hot soup, thinking about what Teresa had said. I don't understand why she would want that. Why would she make me do that? I'm her daughter. I'm her husband's child. We're family.

I sigh, taking a sip of my delicious soup. My life is messed up.

"I'd love to have some of that soup."

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard Bryce's voice. I quickly sit up, not expecting him to he home this soon. He's supposed to be back at 11pm.

"You're back..." was all I could manage to say, diverting my gaze.

"Yes, I'm back. Missed me?" He quietly says, coming to stand behind me as he gently massages my back.

"You're supposed to be back at 11pm." I said, avoiding his gaze.

"Yea, but I'm the boss so I get to leave when I want. Aren't you happy? Anyways, we get to be alone together tonight." He whispered into my ear. I didn't realize I was holding my breath till he moved away and dragged out a chair to sit down beside me.

That sounds awesome. To be alone together. To be with the man who has my heart.

But yet, it also sounds wrong. It's wrong in so many ways.

Bryce is a married man. I can't have him anymore. He's already tied down to Alyssa. I don't want to be the bad one here.

He tilts my chin to face him. I slowly look up to meet his beautiful eyes, searching for something. I don't know what I'm searching for. Does he really want me? I'd fight for him if he'd fight for me. I don't want this to be one sided.

He leans in slowly, eyes on my lips, but just when he was about to kiss me I turn away and he ended up kissing my cheek. I felt sparks lit up from that spot.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"This...this is all wrong," I point between him and I. "What we are doing is wrong. Very wrong, Bryce."

I push away from him, not feeling hungry anymore as I start cleaning up the table. I start washing the dishes and felt him come up behind me. He wraps his arms around my body and I close my eyes. I'm feeling so many kinds of emotions all at once.

"It feels right, Ruby." He murmured into my hair.

"Please move away, Bryce. Someone might see us." I turn around to face him. He frowns,"Let them."

I look at him in disbelief, saying,"This might be easy for you, Bryce. But its not for me." I push him away but he's strong. Instead, he wraps me in his arms as I struggle to escape.

"Its not easy for me, Maria. You don't know how hard it is. Whenever I see, all I want to do is kiss you. Have you in my arms. There's so much things I want to do to you." He groans in annoyance. "You are driving me crazy!"

"You can't have me, Bryce. I can't have you." I told him, my heart aching. Because that's the truth.

He pulls away, taking my hands in his big ones. He gently kisses the back of my hand. That little action has butterflies flying around in my tummy.

"I love you, Maria Abernathy. It has always been you. I want you. Only you." He said softly, caressing my face as a lone tear makes it down my cheek. I furiously wipe it away.

"But what about Alyssa?" I asked him, slapping his hand away as I look at him for answers. He avoids my eyes, thinking. This is a tough one. Who will he choose? Me or Alyssa? I wouldn't blame him if he chose Alyssa. 

All I can do is carry his baby for 9 months but then that's it. And watch him raise his child with Alyssa.

"I don't know." He said after awhile. I look down at the floor before stepping around him. I walk away from him, leaving him standing alone in the kitchen.

I wish he could just throw everything away. For me.

I wish it was that easy.

      ***

Later that night, I found myself awake. I found it hard to go to sleep. My thoughts was invaded with Bryce. Everywhere. I see him. My heart aches knowing I can never have him.

I groan in frustration, sitting up. Turning to my side table, the alarm clock reads 12:32am. Sighing, I get out of bed. I wonder if Bryce is still awake.

I open my door, looking outside to see if anyone was around. Then again who the heck would be walking around at midnight.

I walk up the stairs to the next floor where Bryce's room is located. Standing at the door, I hesitated. Should I?

Before I could stop myself, I was already opening the door. I curse myself but still kept going.

"Maria," Bryce breathed in when he saw me enter his room in the middle of night. "What's wrong?"

"I can't sleep." I murmur, standing there awkwardly.

He sighs, giving me a little smile. "Same here." I perk up when he pats the other side of the bed. "Come sleep with me."

"What?" I ask dumbly.

He wants me to have sex with him?

"Not like that." He answered when he saw my facial expression.

Good good. I thought.

"Soon, babe. Soon." He chuckles.

I shake my head frantically at him and he let's out a sexy laugh.

"I'm kidding. " he smiled. "Come, lay beside me for the night." I take a deep breath before going to lay with him, knowing how wrong all this is.

As soon as I lay down, Bryce pulls my body over to his. His body heat comforting me.

"Ruby, I really do love you." He whispered.

"As do I, Bryce." I lay my hand on his chest, feeling it rise as he breathes.

"I'm going to find a way to have you. But for now, let's just sleep and embrace eachother as the night lasts. Tomorrow, let's figure out a way." He tells me, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Ok." I mumble, closing my eyes.

"Maria?"

"Hmmmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too," I whisper, snuggling closer as he laughs.

Hey guys! Here's another chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this. Remember to comment and vote. I'd love to hear your thoughts about the book and the characters. Who do you ship? Bryce with Maria or Alyssa? What do you think is going to happen? Tell me in the comments! Thank you and love y'all!