14 | That was close

Really short chapter. But I hope you like it. Remember to VOTE!

         MARIA

      This is so wrong. But at the same time, it feels so right. I'm kissing my friend's husband behind her back in her home.

Bryce lays beside me, playing with my hair. No, we haven't made love yet.

"You are so fucking beautiful, Maria." He kisses my temple.

"First, I need to know who is Ruby." I tell him. He looks confused and so I added,"When we were in Maldives, you called me Ruby when you were drunk."

"Ruby was my first love. Who was yours?" He asked me.

"Richie." I answer without thinking. Then Bryce stares at me. "Richie?"

"Yes. That was his name before I left him-"

"Holy shit." Bryce inhales. "Are you Ruby?"

           ALYSSA

     I woke up in the middle of night, feeling so thirsty. I reach behind me but the space beside me was empty. Where is Bryce?

Groaning, I slowly stand up and smile. Zander had helped me get back on my feet. Thank you Zander! Slowly, I take small steps as I head to the door. I held on to the railing as I slowly descend down the stairs. I was on my way to the kitchen. I was moving so slow. A few more days then I can finally walk like I used to.

I walk pass Maria's bedroom when I heard her talking with someone.

I stood behind her the door and listened.

"Finally!"

"I've found what I've been looking for."

"I thought I would never see you again."

The other person sounds like...

"Bryce. Stop it."

I open the door and saw my husband and my friend on the bed.

"What's going on here?" I ask quietly as they shuffle around nervously.  They were so close to each other.  I know something's off.

"Nothing, Alyssa. It's not what it looks like. " Bryce comes over to my side.

"Then what is it?" I ask him.

"Your birthday  is coming up so we were planning." Maria said after awhile.

Then Bryce says,"Maria, shut it!"

"What? Really?" I ask.

"Don't listen to her." Bryce mutters and ushers me away, leaving me wondering what they were doing.

Guys, who do you ship?

Maria with Bryce?

Or

Alyssa with Bryce?

Let me know in the comments section :)