19 | positive

HEY GUYS! I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER! I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKE IT! REMEMBER TO COMMENT & VOTE!

MARIA POV

I lay on my bed, curled up in a ball as I think about the past few days with Bryce. The way he shows me how much he loves me. How he wants to live forever with me. He is someone I definitely want in my life. But it would be hard to keep him with me. It would ruin his family. His reputation.

I cover my mouth, trying to fight the urge to vomit.. I've been feeling nauseous since this morning. I couldn't even finish my breakfast and lunch. What makes me feel even more worse is that no one came up to check up on me. My family isn't here to check up on me. And Bryce?

He has a wife.

Everyone knows we have a problem with each other. They think we hate each other. But actually, we love each other it would ruin Alyssa.

If he checks up on me, that would be very suspicious.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when there came a gentle knocking on my door. I sit up, trying to compose myself. Usually people don't knock on my door.

"Come in," I say loudly.

I was surprised to see it was Alyssa.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked gently, sitting on my bed.

I grit my teeth so I don't cry. It was even harder when she comfortingly rubbed my back. Alyssa was an absolute angel. She was perfectly fine before I came. If she found out about Bryce and I, it would hurt her so bad I don't know if I can live with it. She would probably hate me.

"I'm fine." I lie.

She looks at me, shaking her head, saying,"Stop lying."

"I'm fine."

"You look anything but fine." She smiles a little, putting her hand on mine,"Someone at all the ice-cream, so now you and I are going out to buy a lot of those and other junks you might be craving. Then we'll come back and have a girl's night in your room."

****

Sticking to her word, Alyssa brought us to the store where she was dragging around a cart mumbling yes' and no's. Her cart consisted of bags of spicy junk and sweet junk.

"Go look for anything you like, my treat." She smiled brightly in my direction. Might I add that we both look like teenagers again. Its like Alyssa isn't even married. I feel so young at this moment.

I smile at her before sauntering off to find something. I then found myself in the aisle where they had tampons and such. I stood in front of the pregnancy test kits. I don't know why I was standing there just looking at it.

"You look as shitty as I am. Let me guess? You're pregnant?" A girl my age said when she came over to grab one of the kits. She had brown eyes and red hair with freckles on her face. She looks so bad ass.

"I'm not." I said.

"Sure? Looks like you are." She skims over my appearance.

"Looks can be deceiving." I shrug.

"Not yours. I know a pregnant girl when I see one. I'm Tiffany." She introduced herself.

"I'm..Maria." I smile politely, trying to leave her.

She grabs a kit and points at me, saying,"I suggest you buy one of these since you don't believe me."

I watch as she walks away, complaining about her babydaddy. When she was out of sight, I slowly headed to the kits and quickly grabbed one. I went to the counter and quickly bought it before Alyssa catches me and gets suspicious. I'm not ready to make her feel bad.

"I'm not pregnant." I say when I catch the cashier looking at me with judging eyes.

"That's not what the ginger head said." She means Tiffany. Ugh. "No worries. Its nothing new around her. Almost every day at least one girl comes in to get a pregnancy test." I just nodded and quickly payed for it before stuffing it into my hoodie.

After that, I found myself heading towards Alyssa who was waiting for her pizza order to arrive. She smiles brightly in my direction. Gosh, I feel like crap.

She gets the pizza and we pay the things she chose then we headed home.

***

"What do you want to watch? F.R.I.E.N.D.S? Avengers? You feeling horror?" Alyssa asked, sitting on the floor beside the TV. "Ohh, lets watch this insane Thai drama. Trust me, you will hate this rich girl named Jaireng." Alyssa informs me before getting it ready. I excused myself to use the restroom. I take a deep breath, hoping I wasn't pregnant. But after I took the test, I didn't really know how to feel.

It was positive.