40 | Dead Body

I STOOD in my office, staring at the portrait of my father on the wall. He was the former boss of the gang till he passed away, leaving me to take after him.

"You always were fond of Alejandro..." I mutter, looking at his picture as I held a glass of champagne in my hand. "You treated him like your own son. And all I ever was...was the disappointment. "

I take a drink, stepping closer to the picture frame.

After Alejandro's house burned down with his family in it, my father stepped in to help out the last member of the family who everyone thinks has passed away as well. Nobody knew he was alive other than my father and our gang.

Father took good care of him even when the bastard refused his help. He gave him what he needed and helped him get back up. They were looking for the person behind the fire. The traitor. But father passed away, and now Alejandro is searching on his own.

Back then, I wasn't able to get rid of him...

But now, I will make sure he dies.

"You favored him," I whispered, my voice cracking,"I needed your love...but you gave that to him instead of your own son...Now, I will get rid of him so he will join you and his dead family. "

I down the champagne, glaring at the wall in anger. The thought of Alejandro makes my blood boil. I hate him so much. I must get rid of him. He should have just died in that fire as well.

Tonight, he will be joining the dead.

I was preparing the drinks for when Alejandro comes by later. Once he takes a sip of this drink, he's going to die.

Before I could drop some poisonous drops into Alejandro's drink, there were screeching of tires and loud gunshots coming from the front yard. I place the tiny bottle down, going to the window only to see about 5 black lamborghinis parked outside.

"WHERE IS SHE?!"

What are they doing here?!

              Alyssa

             MY EYES slowly open, slowly adjusting to the bright light inside the room. I was inside an unfamiliar room. I slowly move my fingers, turning my head to see if anyone was at my bedside but there was no one. My body was aching a bit so I slowly sat up in bed.

Where am I? I thought to myself. There was a pounding in my head and I didn't like it.

How long was I here? Where am I? Who's clothes am I wearing? So many questions in my head that needed answers. But my thoughts were interrupted when I heard loud gunshots come from outside.

I slowly move, feeling weird for some reason. How long had I been asleep? I came across a mirror hanging in the room, seeing that i looked fine and healthy. I was wearing a white dress. Who it belongs to? I have no clue.

I have to get out of here...

It does not feel safe.

While walking to the door, my legs were sore. It hurts a little but I was able to walk and that's okay with me. I open the door and surprisingly, it was unlocked. Nobody was out in the hall.  Loud gunshots were coming from outside. I heard people shouting and guns going off with the sound of men arguing with each other.

I walk to the living room, seeing how messy it was. Some people must have fought in here because there's a huge mess and a bit of blood on the floor. I peek out the window through the curtain. There were men fighting each other outside, all armed with guns.