ONE

I groaned and rubbed my eyes as my alarm clock tore me from my sleep. 7 am. Time to get up and get ready for work. It pained me to get up, but I couldn't be late again. I was already on my last warning.

I dragged myself to the shower, then sorted my self out. I yawned whilst getting ready. I was never the morning person. My housemates were up and wide awake. I never understood how someone could be so happy in the morning. It confused me.

"Stop yawning," Mark said "Or I stick my finger in your mouth,"

"Bite me," I said, stealing his toast "I'm off. Don't cook me dinner tonight, I'm going out"

"Whatever," Mark said, with a big smile "I'm never cooking for you again. Not after you insulted the way I cooked my mash"

I laughed "I'll see you later. Love you,"

"Love you too, bitch"

I waved and left, still yawning.

By the time I got to work, I had woken up, but I still wanted to go back to bed. I said my hello's and sat at my desk. I had work piled up and I needed to get it done before the end of the day. It was a day where I had no lunch break.

I didn't care. I normally avoided lunch at work, just so I could get everything done. And, I was going out for a meal with some friends tonight. Then, we were going for a drink at a new bar that had just opened. The girls said that Bangtan was the best bar around town and it was run by a bunch of hotties. All I cared about what having a decent drink on a Friday night.

The girls told me that I needed to get a boyfriend, or at least get laid. According to them, I was too moody. I shrugged their comments off. No guy was going to show interest me. I didn't trust them. They would just laugh at my scars and run to a prettier girl.

I subtly ran my finger over the paper-thin scar running across my stomach. For as long as I could remember, I had the scar but no explanation. My mum was a bitch and whenever I asked her, she said I did it to myself when I was 7. How could a 7-year-old do that to her body? Then, of course, there were the two small scars on the base of my neck which my mum said were just scars from a bee sting.

As I got older, I never believed a word she said. I knew she hated me, but that I wasn't bothered by that. All I knew was that she was a shit mum and still is a shit mum. She didn't care for me and I didn't care for her. I tried to have a relationship with her, but she always shoved me away. I wasn't important to her and at twenty-three, I had friends that were more like family than her.

Why would I need someone so poisonous in my life? I shook my head at the memory of her trying to kill me when I was thirteen. I had answered her back and she had shoved me down the stairs. Luckily for me, I walked away with just a broken arm. For her, it was bad luck that I survived. Ever since that day, I stayed away from my home for as long as I could because she would try to kill me at any given chance. In the end, I couldn't take it anymore and moved in with my Nan. I was sixteen when mum tried to kill me for the last time. She just kept yelling that I was a monster and that if she didn't kill me, someone else was going to.

I sighed and carried on typing away on the computer. The nightmare I had last night was full of pain and suffering. It had been a while since I had a dream like that and I had tried my best to forget about it because that wasn't the life I led anymore. I had a relatively normal life and it might not have been the best, but I was happy and I loved my friends.

"Hana," I jumped at the voice, making them laugh "Sorry for making you jump"

"It's fine," I said, "I guess I was too into my work"

"Are you ready to go?" She said clapping her hands with excitement.

"What?"

"Hana, it's half past 5" Luna laughed, "Come on. We need to get ready for a night out!"

I let her pull me to my feet and I smiled "Are you going to do my makeup for me?"

Luna grinned "Of course! I love making you even prettier"

"Ugh," I said, "Come on. Let's go before I change my mind"

Luna pouted at me. She was too cute, and all the boys flocked to her. In a way, I was jealous of her because she had no care in the world. She was confident, beautiful and lovely. My friends were the opposite of me. I didn't have the confidence I used to have, since my ex cheated on me. I didn't love him, I just loved being around him so when I caught him in bed with a girl, it felt like a weight had lifted off my shoulders. I moved out, thanking him for giving me an excuse to break up with him, and I moved in with my best friend Mark and his boyfriend.

"So, this bar," I said, "What's it like?"

Luna just smiled at me like the Cheshire cat, and explained what the place was like. Hopefully, I didn't bump into anyone I didn't want to see, because I wasn't in the mood for an argument. All I wanted was to enjoy my time with the girls from work.

That was it. I didn't need anyone or anything else in my life.