FORTY-NINE

I sat at the computer typing out an email to end the girls I used to work with. I didn't want to see them. Not since I had become a vampire. I was still scared that I would lose control and try to eat them. Mark and Jackson were regular visitors to the mansion, and I had grown used to them being around.

They still didn't know what I was, but for some reason, I had no urge to try and eat them. I was unsure why and neither did the other vampires.

There was a knock on my door, and Yoongi came in.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, sitting on the chair opposite me "You looked like you had been crying when you got back yesterday. We were all worried"

"Including you?"

Yoongi nodded "Including me"

"Huh," I said, "I thought you hated me"

He laughed, showing me a gummy smile "Hana, I've never hated you. I lied. When I first saw you as an innocent 7-year-old, I did. I didn't want a human to steal my brother's heart. I thought you were going to break him when you found out what we were"

"I didn't"

"You didn't" Yoongi repeated "It's not every day that you find a young girl that isn't scared of vampires. I was glad that you kept smiling and being around Jungkook. You even gave us space when we had to feed"

"I didn't want to upset any of you"

Yoongi smiled "Jungkook fell in love with you and I didn't want him too. You were just a human back then, and we all knew that he would outlive you and deal with heartbreak. We didn't say anything because he was 7, but even if we did, he wouldn't listen. You were his princess and he had fallen hard"

"You were always so mean to me," I said, quietly "I tried to be your friend, but you always pushed me away"

"I didn't want to get attached to you," Yoongi said, looking away from me "To me, you were just a girl...a human. If I had grown attached, then I would have caused more problems and I didn't want to hurt my brother. He loved you...loves you"

I frowned "What do you mean?"

Yoongi got to his feet and ruffled my hair "I don't hate you. It took a few weeks to realise that I didn't hate you. I liked you being around my brothers and I liked how you were with us all. Especially Jungkook"

"Why would you have caused more problems?"

"To answer your question from the other night," Yoongi said, walking towards the door. He paused with his hand on the handle and he looked over his shoulder "You asked me what I thought of you"

"I...I did" I said.

He smiled softly at me "I love you"

"You love me!" I exclaimed "You-"

"Yes" Yoongi smiled, sadly "My brothers aren't stupid. I get nervous when I'm around you. I thought that was obvious"

"No" I whispered.

"You never were that smart"

"Hey!" I argued.

"Hana, thank you...for staying with my brother" Yoongi turned his back on me "I may love you, but I love you enough to let you go"

"Yoongi," I said, running over to him. I hugged him, and he stiffened "Thank you for telling me. I love you too"

Yoongi chuckled and hugged me back "I know you love me but not the way I want you to"

"I'm sorry"

"Will you stop saying sorry!" Yoongi said, "What the fuck do you have to say sorry for?"

I stepped away from him and he sighed.

"Just remember this" Yoongi said, poking me in the shoulder "If you ever need anything and you can't talk to Jungkook, you know where I am"

I smiled "Thank you"

Yoongi snorted "Whatever. Now get away from me. You look stupid when you cry"

The door opened and Yoongi was flung backwards.

"Yoongi" Jungkook said, "Why are you in my room? And why is Hana crying? You bastard!"

"Wait!" I said, jumping on Jungkook "It's fine! He didn't do anything. He was just thanking me for remembering"

"Remembering what?" Jungkook frowned, still looking at his brother.

"Everything" Yoongi smiled and ruffled his brother's hair "Listen, look after each other...I'm going away for a while"

"What?" Jungkook grabbed his brother "Where are you going?"

Yoongi smiled and hugged Jungkook "Just away. I'm not letting anyone know. I'll be fine"

"You can't just go"

"Look after each other, love birds" Yoongi waved and closed the door behind him.

"That bastard," Jungkook said, "What did he tell you?"

I laughed "Nothing. Just thanked me...for remembering you"

Jungkook smiled, but it was obvious he didn't believe me. He followed me to the computer and sat next to me, resting his thighs on mine. He had his hands on his head, watching me type away.

"I'm so bored!" He complained, "Hana! Stop typing and love me"

I laughed "Stop acting like a baby"

"A baby?" Jungkook suddenly smirked "Angel you know I'm no baby"

"You are so spoilt" I sighed, and he laughed, pulling my chair closer to him with his thighs.

"That's because I love you" He grinned, "I want to spoil you, not be spoilt"

"Oh, really?" I raised an eyebrow "Is that why you are trying to undo my bra?"

Jungkook laughed as he was caught out "Yes. But I want you naked and away from this fucking computer. Enough. Come and love me"

I sighed and let him pull me onto his lap, and he buried his face into my chest.

"You smell so sweet" Jungkook mumbled, and I gasped as he used his teeth to undo my shirt. He had no restraint, and I laughed as he spat a button across the room "I'll buy you a new shirt"

"I'm sure you will" I muttered as he bought my lips to his.

As our kiss deepened, I felt myself bubble with excitement and lust.

I had remembered everything since I was 7, I had defeated the demon who haunted me, and I was in the arms of the vampire I loved.

My best friend. My mate. My love.