TWENTY-FIVE

I sat in the hospital, my arm in a fresh cast. Mother had pushed me down the stairs after hitting me with a bat. I had told the nurses that a group of boys had jumped me. I didn't want to get into trouble with my mother. Not since I killed her boyfriend.

I felt not guilt. I was glad that he was dead. He wouldn't hurt me anymore.

"Hana," The nurse said walking into my room "You are ready to go home. Shall I call your mum to pick you up?"

"No, I can walk home," I said, "Thank you"

The nurse went to say something, but I walked past her without another word.

People stared at me as I walked by. I didn't blame them. My face had dark bruises and cuts held together by glue. They probably thought I was in the wrong crowd. The poor 13-year-old who was easily influenced.

If only that was true. I'd be safer with a bunch of delinquents.

Someone bumped into me, and they reached out, catching me before I fell.

"Sorry," The boy said.

I looked up at him and I almost frowned. Did I know him?

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"I'm fine," I said, and I looked over at the faces around him. Why did they seem similar?

"What happened to you?" A blue-haired boy asked, "Did you get beaten up?"

"I'm fine," I said, and I started to walk away, but I stopped and turned to look at them, still watching me "Do I know you?"

"No," The dark-haired boy said, "No. You don't know us"

"Get home safe," One said.

"Ok," I said, quietly "Hey, are you sure I don't know any of you? What are your names?"

The young boy smiled at me "Jungkook, but...you don't know us"

"Oh," I said, feeling sad for some reason "Well...have a nice day"

"You too...Hana" Jungkook said, and before I could ask how he knew my name, they were walking away.

They looked over their shoulder as they reached the end of the road and sent me a nod before walking around the corner.

How weird.

Even without opening my eyes, I could feel people watching me. There was a throb in my neck, so I didn't dare move my head. I almost jumped at how angry the voices sounded around me.

"You must think I'm stupid" Jin growled.

"I would call you stupid out loud," Yoongi said, "She volunteered her blood"

"You convinced her to do it," Taehyung said, "Yoongi, you knew that Jin had called the blood bank, but you still did it. She could have died!"

"Then it would be easier for us" Yoongi hissed, "The demons would leave us alone and Jungkook would feed"

"You know we can't leave her to die," Namjoon said, "After all we have done for her up until now. Do you really think that we could do that?"

"I don't care," Yoongi said.

"That is a lie," Jimin said, "You'd feel just as upset as us if she died,"

"Let her die. She is the reason why Jungkook almost did" Yoongi said, "My younger brother is more important than her,"

"It's not her fault" Jungkook growled, "If anything, it is mine. I knew what would happen, but I still didn't feed"

"I'm not happy with you either," Jin said, "You told me you were feeding, then I saw you practically ripping her throat out to feed on her"

"I couldn't control myself"

"You lied to me,"

"Hana" My Nan called "Are you ready for some dinner?"

"I'm coming!" I called from my new room. I put the last of my clothes away and ran downstairs, to be greeted by my Nan. She wore a large smile and she patted the seat next to her "Mmm. Smells delicious"

"Good. I hope you eat it all" Nan said "You have lost a lot of weight. I need you to plump up a bit"

"Thank you" I grinned and bit into the food. We ate in silence and I helped her wash up before we headed to the living room to watch TV.

"Hana, I hope you feel at home here," Nan said, "I have to apologise for my daughter"

I shook my head "You don't need to say sorry about mother. It isn't your fault"

Nan smiled sadly "I didn't think that she was capable of doing what she did. But, you are safe now. You moved far away from that place, so you will be able to have a life and make friends. My neighbours are lovely, and you already have a date!"

"Nanny, I'm almost 14 and it isn't a date. Mark and I are friends"

"Sweetheart, I'm glad," Nan said, "It's about time you could be a normal kid. Hana, whatever you want, I will give. You deserve the world, and I am going to be the one to give it to you. My precious granddaughter gets what she wants"

I smiled and hugged her "I don't need anything. Just you"

"Her father would be angry if he finds out about this," Namjoon said, "We promised to look after her and look what you did"

"I told you, I tried to control myself!" Jungkook said, "Do you think I could hurt her on purpose? I love her"

"Love her?" Jin shouted, and I opened my eyes. They weren't watching me "If we hadn't walked in she wouldn't see her change! You almost drained her to the very last drop! She is lucky she had your blood running through her veins or we would be burying her!"

"Stop shouting," I croaked and they all looked at me, "I think you have something to tell me"

"Hana," Jungkook said, grabbing my hand, but I pulled it away "I'm...I'm so sorry"

I winced as I sat up in my bed "I know what you have been hiding from me and I want you to tell me the truth. No more lying"

"How are you feeling?" Hoseok asked, "We managed to heal-"

"I'm a half-breed," I said, and their eyes widened "Your father gave me these scars and he wanted me to die. I remember everything. So you better tell me what the hell is going on,"

The vampires didn't say anything, they just looked over at Jin who just sighed.

"Ok," He said, "We will tell you"