FORTY-EIGHT

I was so nervous.

I rubbed my hands together as I debated whether to go in or run away. No. I had to do this. If I didn't, Jin was going to drag me in by my hair.

"Hana!" Younghoon cried as I walked in. He ran over to me and hugged me "How are you? Is it ok for you to be walking around? Where is Jungkook? Does he know you are here?"

"Whoa!" I laughed "Younghoon, breathe. I'm ok and Jungkook knows I'm here. He convinced me to come here"

"Did you walk?" He squeaked "You shouldn't be walking here by yourself. It's only been a week since-"

"It's daylight, and no. I didn't walk here. Hoseok dropped me here"

Younghoon sighed "Oh thank god. Don't scare me like that"

"Is Kris here?"

"Kris is always here," Younghoon said, "Follow me, I'll take you to him. I think he is with someone right now, but I'm sure he'd drop them for you"

Younghoon grabbed my hand and dragged me through the restaurant and to the back offices. My heart was in my throat and I wanted to run. If it wasn't for him holding my hand, I would have.

Younghoon knocked on the door "Kris? I have someone here who wants to see you"

"Enter" Kris called out. Younghoon pushed the door open and Kris stood up when he saw me. He looked confused "Hana...what are you doing here?"

I shifted on my feet "I was told you wanted to see me"

"I didn't think you would be here so soon after what happened" Kris looked in front of him, and I saw brown hair poking over the seat "This is...is a really bad time"

"Oh," I said, "Sorry...next time I will-"

"Don't be silly, Hana," Kris said, "It's just that...your mother is here"

My heart dropped into my stomach and I wanted to be sick, as I saw her stand up. Her face was wearing her normal scowl and her dark eyes hated me. Even though she was a disgusting human being, she always had been beautiful, and I hated to say that.

"Hello monster" She spat, "I thought he killed you. How unlucky"

"Enough!" Kris boomed "You do not speak to our daughter like that. Never again"

"Oh, shut up. She is my daughter" Mother hissed "You were never there, she doesn't classify as your daughter. You could have taken this monster from me as soon as you knew she had been born"

"I wish he did," I said, finding my voice "I'm not your daughter and you certainly aren't my mother"

"How dare you" She growled.

"Hit me," I said, "Please. Hit me, mother. But when you do I am going to hit you back. I am done being someone who is trodden on. Especially by you"

"I wish I had killed you when I had the chance"

"Now is your chance!" I snapped.

"Kris, if you don't wipe my memory of her, I will be back, and I will be back to kill her. I'm done having a monster as a child"

"I wish I could say that I hated you," I said quietly. Mother stayed quiet looking at the wall "I always thought that I was in the wrong as a child. I did my best to please you. I didn't say a word when you beat me, and I kept my mouth shut when your boyfriend abused me"

"He did what?" Kris growled.

"Mother, I used to love you so much. All I wanted to hear from you was how proud you were of me" I tried not to cry "I did everything for you. I did everything you wanted me to. I even slept in the garden but no. My existence disgusted you, but you knew what Kris was before you got pregnant. Didn't you?"

Mother's mouth twitched "Kris, wipe my memory. I can't be around you monsters anymore"

"You once loved him!" I screamed, "Why did you suddenly change heart?"

"Because he left me!" Mother screamed back "This bastard broke my heart when he found out that I was pregnant with you! You are a monster, just like him. When I saw your face after being born, I didn't want to love you. I wanted to hate you"

"You never loved me"

"Hana, I did but then you became more like that bastard" Mother hissed "Everything about you reminded me of him. I hated it and I hated you. But you were so fucking stupid. I wanted you to be taken away, but you kept your fucking mouth shut, and even though I hit you harder, you kept running back to me"

I wiped my tears away "Why? Why didn't you just give me up?"

"I couldn't" Mother hissed "As much as I hated you, you were part of me"

"Mother...you knew what our neighbours were, so why did you move me away?"

Mother couldn't look at me "I thought I could save you from turning into one of them. But I failed"

"Why?" I screamed.

"When you came back to me, covered in blood that vampire threatened me," Mother said, "He told me that if I didn't move away he was going to change you or let his son's feast on your body. I moved us because I didn't want you to be a monster"

"What is wrong with you?" I breathed "You may have thought you had saved me, but you let that man into your life and you let him abuse me. Mother, he raped me when I was 8 years old! You weren't saving me from anything!"

"I don't care what he did to you," Mother said with a shrug "I was hoping that he would kill you and I could move on. You then killed him with a fucking bat!"

"I should have killed you as well," I said, quietly.

"I wish you did" Mother hissed "Did you ever think how I felt? Knowing that I brought a monster into the world?"

"How you felt?" I stormed forward and slapped her "How fucking dare you. You stupid little bitch! You should have just left me with the vampires. I would have been safer with them than you"

Mother held her face and turned to look at Kris "Wipe. My. Memories"

Kris agreed within an instant "Get out of my office"

I watched my mother walk away and I let out a shaky breath.

"Hana," Kris said, "I think you deserve an apology"

I glared at him "I think you have a lot of fucking explaining to do you dumb bastard!"

Younghoon gasped behind me "Hana! You can't say that to him"

"It's fine," Kris said, "She has the right to be angry. I'm the cause of this anger. I will accept every emotion you throw at me"