SIX

I was 10 today but I was alone. Mother and her boyfriend had gone out drinking again, so I was left alone. I might have been by myself, but I wasn't lonely.

The oven beeped for my dinner, so I pulled it out and sang myself happy birthday. Tears dripped from my chin, but I was fine. I always was. I preferred to be alone. I was safe by myself. I didn't worry about the next beating from my mother, or the next time her boyfriend climbed into bed with me.

I felt safe...until the front door was opened. I held my teddy close to me and backed myself into the corner of the kitchen. I tried to stop myself from shaking, but it didn't work. They were drunk, and they were mean when they were drunk.

"There is my little mousy," He slurred "Come here"

I shook my head and the food I had cooked myself, was thrown into the wall. My mother just laughed and stumbled, catching herself on the counter. She wandered towards me and slapped me hard. I heard her open cupboards looking for more alcohol.

"Little mousy," The man sang to me "Little mousy I'm tired. Why don't you help me to bed?"

Fresh tears flowed down my face "No...I don't want to"

"Little mousy" He sang louder "If you don't come with me, I will drag you by your hair, little mousy"

"No!" I screamed, and I ran. The front door was locked, and he hooked his arm around my neck and I screamed louder.

"Little mousy," He said, putting pressure on my neck "I was going to be nice to my little mousy tonight, but I changed my mind. My little mousy has to be punished"

I sat up screaming, fighting away the hands that were on me, trying to keep me still.

"No!" I screamed "Get off me! I don't want to be your little mousy!"

"Hana!" A voice said.

"No! No! Get off me!" I cried "I'm sorry! I'll be good! Please don't touch-"

"Hana!" Someone shook me, and I opened my eyes to see Jungkook. I burst into tears and hugged him, catching him off guard "It's ok...I'm here"

Jungkook rubbed my back as I cried into his neck. It was just a dream...just a dream...nothing else.

"What...what were you dreaming of?" He asked me as I let him go.

"Nothing," I said, wiping my eyes "It was just a nightmare"

"It must have been some nightmare," He said, wiping my tears away with his thumbs "You were screaming in your sleep"

"It's nothing," I said, looking away from him.

"Hana, I know you don't trust me," Jungkook said, "But I won't do anything to hurt you"

I didn't say anything.

"I...did you want me to bring some food up?"

"No," I said, "I want you to let me go home. I don't want to be here any longer"

"I can't do that"

"Why not?" I said, loudly "I've told you, I don't remember you!"

"That's not why," Jungkook said, rubbing the back of his neck "I just want to look after you, Hana"

I rubbed my eyes "Let me go home. I don't want to be here around people I don't know"

"I'll talk to Jin" He whispered "But, it's safer here"

I chose not to say anything, and he walked out of the room, closing it behind him. A white gauze was covering his eye and little plasters on the cuts on his face. I didn't feel great about doing it, but I just reacted.

I climbed out of bed, annoyed that I was still in my work dress from the other night. I didn't want to wear anything they gave me. I just wanted to go home. Mark and Jackson had to be worried about me. The girls were probably freaking out that they hadn't heard from me. I needed to find a way out.

"Is she awake?" I heard a voice say.

"She's awake," Jungkook said, "But-"

"No, I will talk to her" The door opened "Hello Hana. I'm Jin, and if you don't eat I will force feed you. Do you understand?"

I just nodded, and he smiled.

"Good" Jin sat down on the chair and watched me "Hana, would you like to go home?"

I nodded.

"Then you can leave," Jin said, and Jungkook kicked up a fuss "On one condition"

"Which is what?" I said, glaring at him.

"You don't tell anyone where we leave or where you were," Jin said.

"I already said I wouldn't," I muttered  "There is something else. Isn't there?"

Jin nodded and smiled at me, making my heart skip a beat. He was handsome but he was still part of this stupid kidnapping.

"What is it?" I snapped, "Hurry up. I want to go home,"

"You pass out when you are in a lot of pain, don't you?" He asked and I nodded "Do you get ill often?"

"Why are you asking me these questions? Just let me-"

"Please, answer them," He said softly.

I sighed in anger "Yes. I pass out when I am in a lot of pain. It's a condition I have. And no. I don't really get ill but...nothing"

Jin lifted his eyebrow and caught eyes with me, and it felt like my body relaxed "Hana, please finish that sentence"

"Not until recently. I haven't been ill for a while but when I went to that club, I started to feel sick and it felt like someone was trying to split my skull open with a hammer,"

"Ok," Jin said folding his arms "This is another condition of mine. If you start to feel ill in any way, you call me,"

"Why?"

"Because the doctors won't be able to help you," He said and he handed me a piece of paper and pointed at it "That is my number. Even if you get a sore throat or a minor headache, call me"

I nodded and he smiled "Can I go now?"

"Yes," He said, "But first you need to eat and since Jungkook isn't doing anything, he can bring the food to you. Once you eat, I will take you home"