FORTY-FOUR

Jungkook was held back, yelling for me when I pushed the door open. It was like the demons knew that we were going to try and escape.

I had to ignore the hurt in Jungkook's voice as I left the room. Tears were forming in my eyes at the sound of his broken voice, but I couldn't turn back. I had to find him. The one who had haunted me for all these years. I had to get rid of him.

Yoongi was right. This was my fight and if they got involved then I wouldn't be able to stand up for myself ever again. Not that I did a good job of it in the first place, but I had to be stronger.

I wasn't going to be used as a doormat anymore. I had changed. Physically and mentally thanks to the vampires. This man was going to be the death of me and I couldn't let that happen. He ruined me and this time, it was going to be me that ruined him. And even though I was shaking with fear, I couldn't let him walk over me anymore.

"Where are you?" I muttered, walking through endless hallways.

A funny smell haunted my nose and I gagged, covering my mouth and nose. It was back. The smell I caught before we were taken. It was disgusting, and it was hard to find the words to describe how it smelt. I knew it was rotten, and it was pungent making my stomach churn with each step I took.

The closer I got to the smell, the more I wanted to turn and run. But I forced myself through the heavy smell in the air and pushed open another door. I gasped at the sight and my knees almost gave way.

Bodies were scattered around the large room, some missing limbs and some looked like they had been ripped apart. Ribcages were snapped open, revealing an empty cavity where organs used to be. I gagged some more, after seeing a half-eaten heart lying on the floor by my feet. Blood painted the walls, floor and broken furniture in the room. Whoever did this was evil.

I couldn't help but walk further into the room. Something was pulling me inside. I tried to avoid stepping on ripped apart body parts, but the floor was covered gruesomely. A small voice sounded from a pile of bodies. Someone was alive!

I rushed over to see a guy underneath a bloody body. His eyes went wide when he saw me.

"Shh!" I said, "It's ok. I'll help you!"

I clenched my jaw as I dragged the body from him and I helped him to his feet. His arm hung heavy on my shoulders and I helped him walk back the way I came.

"It's alright," I said, quietly.

"It's not" He coughed, blood spraying onto me "They will be back...just kill me...I can't take any more pain"

"No," I said, trying not to cry "I won't let you die"

His breath sounded more like a gurgle and he stumbled. I caught him and sat him down on the floor. He looked up at me with his blue eyes "Escape while you still can"

"I can't" I whispered, "There are people here that will protect you. Just walk straight down the hallway. 3 of them. Tell them that you saw a girl, and she told you to go to them"

He shook his head "I can't move...please, just kill me"

I wiped my eyes free from tears "I won't kill you...hold on just a little while longer...Ok? I will be back and then we can leave together"

Again, he shook his head "No"

There was a loud bang and I looked over my shoulder "Who is that?"

"The one who did all this" The boy breathed "Go...leave me here"

"Not going to happen" I whispered, and I hooked my arms under his and dragged him with me. I was sure I passed an empty room. He would be safe there...he had to be safe there. I pushed open the first door, and pulled him inside, closing the door behind me.

He coughed up blood again and he rested his head on the wall.

"I'll come back for you," I said, "Here, take this. It's just a broom, but you can hit people with it"

"They aren't people," He said quietly, "I'm so tired"

"Stay here. I'll be back" I stood up "Block the door and stay quiet"

I closed the door behind me and I ran back to the room, to see something chewing on one of the bodies. Blood was smeared over his hands, his clothes drenched in blood. I couldn't see his face, but I hated him. He stunk of rotten flesh and the crunching of bones made me want to vomit.

The acid in my stomach threatened to come up and just the way the demon licked his fingers clean angered me. I felt sick, but anger was the emotion taking over. How could someone do this to people?

"I know you are there" He laughed, "I can smell you. So tasty"

My eyes widened as he turned around, and I stumbled back tripping on a body. I landed with a thud, and I felt my hand go into something...squishy. I looked down and screamed, yanking my hand free of the guts of a corpse. I whimpered, shaking my hand free of the insides on my hand and I jumped to my feet, running for the door.

But it slammed shut in my face.

"No!" I screamed and knocked on the door hard "Let me out!"

He laughed behind me and there was a sickening thud. Probably the chewed arm he was feeding on.

I cried and hit the door as hard as I could, yanking on the door handle still trying to open it. It wasn't budging. I screamed again, pulling the handle as hard as I could, but nothing.

"Little mousy, little mousy!" The man sang behind me "Shall we play a game, little mousy?"

I whimpered as I felt his breath on the back of my neck. I was too scared to move.

"After all, you did try to kill me, and it has been such a long, lonely time without you"

A/N: Goodnight, sleep tight. Don't let the dead bite ~~

A Hollywood Undead song - Dead bite...

Even though I know what is going to happen (obviously, I mean I am the author ب_ب )

This man still makes me   ┻━┻ ︵ヽ('Д')ノ︵ ┻━┻

So just have this picture and maybe it will chill you before the next chapter

okay. I'm a little chill