TWENTY-SIX

I sat in the park watching the breeze rustle the leaves on trees. I hadn't realised I ran this far until I was almost hit with a football.

You are going to change.

You might die.

You will have to feed on blood.

I shook my head, ignoring the words Jin had told me. I still found it hard to believe. Hoseok had told me that my biological father was a vampire. According to them, he had fallen in love with my mother and accidentally got her pregnant.

I was a mistake.

He then ran thinking that I would die in the womb. I proved him wrong. 23 years later, I was here and only finding out what I was. I rubbed my face and sighed. I felt physically sick knowing that I was going to have to use humans to feed. I was scared. What if I couldn't control myself and hurt one of my friends?

I could easily kill Mark or Jackson. Luna, Ai and Bella...I didn't want to see them again. Just the thought of killing them made my heartbreak. I couldn't do it. I would rather die than take their lives. They deserved better than that.

A few tears fell from my face and I quickly wiped them away. Stop crying, Hana. You have to accept what you were told. You can't run away from this anymore. It's who...what you are.

"Hana," Jungkook's voice made me jump, but I didn't turn to look at him. He sat next to me and leant on his legs "I'm sorry"

"Stop saying sorry," I said quietly.

"I could have killed you"

I shook my head "Jungkook, it was my decision. I told you already. I would rather risk my life to save yours"

"Why?" Jungkook said, "Why would you do that?"

"I...I don't know" I whispered, "You have a family and I know what it feels to lose someone you love" I pushed back my tears "I don't have anyone, Jungkook. You have brothers that you need to live for. I have no one"

Jungkook pulled me into him, and I felt myself cry. I gripped onto his shirt as tightly as I could, as I cried into his chest.

"You have family," Jungkook said, lifting my face in his hands "What about those 2 blokes you lived with? What about us?"

"I love you Kookie!" I giggled as we skipped around the garden.

"I love you too Angel!" Kookie grinned and hugged me "Let's get married!"

I stared into Jungkook's dark eyes, remembering bits that I was made to forget. He just watched me.

"I'll protect you, Angel," Kookie said, putting his hands on my cheeks "From anything and anyone! Even my brothers and your mother. I'll make sure that my princess is safe"

"Yoongi!" Kookie shouted and ran over to me. He lifted me to my feet "Don't hurt Angel! I'll hurt you!"

"Angel, why are you crying? Is it because Taehyung went to bite you?"

"Look at me!" Kookie said, holding a wooden sword "I'll protect you, Hana. Don't worry. If anyone hurts you, I will hurt them!"

"Jungkook, what did I tell you about fighting your brothers" His father spoke "Hana may be your friend, but we don't fight our brothers for a human. I'm sure she understands"

"Hana, do you still love me knowing what I am?" Kookie asked "I'm a vampire, but do you still love me? Because I love you"

"I still love you" I whispered, and his eyes went wide.

"W-what are you saying?"

Before I fully knew what I was doing, I kissed him. His lips were cold under my warm lips and I pulled him closer, needing to feel him against me. Jungkook kissed me back with just as much force and he gripped my face between his hands, his tongue exploring my mouth.

"Do you think this will convince me to leave you alone?" His voice echoed in my head and I shoved Jungkook back, looking around.

"Hana, what's wrong?" Jungkook asked, "You-"

"He's here," I said, getting to my feet "He is here. Jungkook, he is here"

"Who?" Jungkook got to his feet "I can't smell any demons"

"That's because he is dead. I killed him and now he is back from the dead to torment me"

Jungkook stared at me like I was crazy "Are you feeling ok?"

"I need to speak to Hoseok"

"Why?" Jungkook said almost growling.

"I have to get to him" I rushed off with Jungkook closely following. It didn't take long to get back to Jungkook's place and his voice was still floating around in my head.

"Little mousy, little mousy" He laughed "You can't run from me. I will be with you till death"

Hoseok looked up as I pushed through the vampires. He stood up and frowned at me.

"What's wrong?"

"He is still in my head," I said, "Please, get him out. I can't do this anymore"

Hoseok froze as I wrapped my arms around him. Jungkook let out a loud growl but I ignored it.

"Please, help me" I cried "Get him out my head"

"Hana, I'll...let me get the others," Hoseok said, patting my head "Jungkook stop flashing me your teeth and get me Jin and Namjoon"

"Isn't he dead?" Yoongi said, "Don't look at me like that. I read her thoughts. I thought you killed him"

"Who did she kill?" Jungkook asked.

"Get me the other brothers!" Hoseok hissed "Now!"

Jungkook lifted me away from Hoseok and I hugged him instead, feeling his tense body relax under me. I felt warm and safe, but his voice kept calling me.

Little mousy. Little mousy. Little mousy.

"Get out of my head!" I cried "Leave me alone! You're dead...I killed you. I saw you die!"

"Hana," Jungkook said, "What are you talking about?"

"Let her go," Namjoon said, "Hana, come here. This is going to be painful"

"I don't care," I said, staring at him with wide eyes"If it stops him talking to me, then I'm fine with it"