TWENTY-THREE

Mark and Jackson had hugged me so tightly, I had to tap for some air.

"We missed you so much!" Mark said, hugging me again "It's been so lonely and weird without you here Hana. You should have been honest with us about moving out"

"I know," I said, with a small shrug "I'm sorry I just left and didn't tell you. But, it was for the best"

"As long as you are happy living with those guys, then we are happy too," Jackson said, "But, we need to meet them. I want to make sure they are treating you properly and aren't going to take advantage of you"

"They won't," I said, "You have met Jungkook and Yoongi already. Guys, they are lovely"

Maybe not Yoongi, but he still hadn't tried to bite me which was a plus. He had been avoiding me since I apologised to him and I didn't know why. Jimin had told me it was because Jin had told him off for being so rude, but somehow I didn't believe that was true.

Someone came over to the table with our food and Jackson moaned in pleasure. He licked his lips and bit into his sandwich.

"How can food taste so good?" He said, "It's like having a party in your mouth"

I smiled and bit into my food, not getting the same reaction as him. It tasted awful and it was sour.

"Hana, do you not like it?" Mark asked, "Here. Have my one"

Even when I bit into Mark's sandwich, it tasted sour. I forced myself to smile and eat it, but it sat in my stomach threatening to come back up. I didn't understand. I usually love the sandwiches here, so why were they making me want to vomit?

"I need to tell you two something," I said, putting the last bite of the sandwich down "You can't get mad"

"That never helps us stay calm," Mark said, "What is it?"

I bit into my bottom lip "I got a phone call from my mum. She wants to see me because she wants the money my Nan left for me"

They didn't say anything, but I knew they were angry. Their faces had changed, and I didn't blame them. They knew how disgusting my mum was.

"I want to see her because I want to tell her face to face that she won't be laying a finger on that money, and if she contacts me again I will go straight to the police"

"Hana, are you sure this is a good idea?" Mark asked, "You haven't seen your mum in years and now she suddenly calls you?"

"I know," I said, barely above a whisper "But...I need to do this. I need to face her one last time and get everything off my chest. She needs to realise that I'm not that frail, scared child anymore. I won't be pushed around by her"

"Sweetheart," Jackson said, holding my hand "Whatever you want to do, we will be there. If you want us there when you see her, then we will go with you"

I smiled "Thank you. I know I will want you there, but not near my mum. She is horrible, and I don't want you to be near that. Mum doesn't agree with many things and I don't want her to attack you because two men are in a relationship. I don't want you to meet her"

Mark looked over my shoulder "Your friend is here, and he looks like he has been in a fight"

I turned around and got to my feet when I saw Jungkook walking towards me. His hair tousled, and his lip was cut.

"Sorry to cut the meeting short," Jungkook said, putting his hand on my shoulder "But I need to borrow Hana"

"What happened? Are you ok?" I asked.

Jungkook forced a smile "I'm fine...but we need to go home now"

I almost gasped as I saw the vampires. They were all bruised, bloody and angry. Jungkook said that they had a few cuts, but Yoongi had a big gash in his head. Jimin had a slice across his throat and Taehyung had his hand covering his eye, blood seeping through his fingers.

"What happened?" I whispered.

"What do you think, human?" Yoongi growled "Demons. They were after you"

"I'm sorry"

"Why the hell are you saying sorry?" Yoongi snapped.

"They hurt you"

"Tch" Yoongi said, "This is nothing, human"

Jungkook led me to the sofa "I know you aren't good with blood and gore, but we need you to patch us up. Just until we heal. Is that ok?"

I pressed my lips together and nodded. Taehyung staggered on his feet and fell at my feet. He looked half dead and in pain. I knelt beside him with a damp cloth and tried to stop my stomach from rolling. Taehyung moved his hand and my stomach heaved.

"Pretend it's fake" He moaned "A yo-yo"

"What do I do?" I whispered, "It's...your eye is hanging on by a thread"

Jungkook knelt next to me "Close your eyes. I'll put it back, you just wipe the blood away and put the bandage over it. Ok?"

I nodded and closed my eyes. I flinched when Taehyung yelled out in pain, and when I opened my eyes, he was crying. With shaking hands, I gently cleaned his face of blood and taped a bandage over his eye. He thanked me and passed out.

Jimin was next, so I quickly pressed a strip of bandage over his neck and Jungkook led me to Yoongi. A growl escaped his lips as I approached him, but it soon faded. His eyes were struggling to keep open.

"Yoongi," I said, quietly "Is...is it ok for me to put this on you?"

"Just hurry up," He said, through gritted teeth "Shit. I am so hungry"

"We can get some blood soon," Jungkook said, and he fell to his knees "Fuck...I don't feel so good"