EIGHTEEN

"Hey, Hana!"

I opened my eyes to see Yoongi.

"Do you want to die?" He hissed, "You're lucky I was walking this way, or you'd be dead"

Yoongi was sitting on the floor with me on his lap. His hands were holding me close but he wasn't hurting me. I was shocked because I knew he hated me and I had to get away from him.

"Answer me," He growled, "Do you want to die?"

"You've said that to me before," I said quietly, and I got up from his lap "The first time I saw you. You...you asked if I wanted to die"

Yoongi blinked in shock, his face softening and got to his feet "You remember?"

I nodded "Some bits. Don't worry, I will stay away from you"

As I went to run away, he grabbed my wrist and I winced at how tight he held me.

"What else do you remember?" He asked.

"You are hurting me," I said, and tears pooled in my eyes. He let me go and I saw a bruise forming.

"Sorry, I didn't mean-" He stopped himself and cleared his throat and walked away "Be careful next time. I didn't think humans were that stupid"

I watched him walk away with his head hung low. He paused at the stairs and looked over his shoulder. He sent me a small nod and walked upstairs. I frowned and I headed to the dining hall to eat, rubbing my wrist.

Maybe Yoongi wasn't as bad as he made out to be.

"Hana, what took you so long?" Jungkook asked, "Is that a bruise on your arm?"

"Yes, but I'm fine," I said, "Jungkook, I remembered trying to catch butterflies together and I remember the first time I met Yoongi"

"You remember?" Jungkook suddenly had his arms wrapped around me "I'm so happy you are remembering. What else do you remember?"

"First thing is first," Jin said, smacking Jungkook on the head "Who gave you those bruises?"

"Oh," I said, looking down at the finger marks "Yoongi"

"I'm going to kill him" Jungkook growled and I quickly grabbed his shirt "Hana, let me go. He hurt you"

"He saved me,"

"Excuse me?" Namjoon said, "Are we talking about the same Yoongi?"

"I..." I paused "I had an attack at the top of the stairs. When I woke up, he was holding me. He stopped me from hurting myself"

"Is that how you got the bruises?" Hoseok asked "He should be more careful"

"No, this is from..." I stopped as Jungkook's eyes went red "I told him I remember our first meeting and he wanted to know what else I remembered. He did it by accident"

"Nothing Yoongi does is by accident," Jungkook said, "I've seen him watching you. He wants to bite you"

"So? You do as well" I said, almost snapping at him "You have all told me that you want to do so, but none of you has and neither has he. If he wanted me dead then he would have let me break my neck falling down the stairs"

"Shit," Jungkook said, running his hands through his hair "I'm sorry. I just want to look after you. I don't want you to get hurt"

"Let's eat," Jin said, "If Hana said it was an accident then we will believe her. Jungkook, go and sit down"

"Can I just say something?" Jimin said putting his hand in the air.

"You don't need to put your hand in the air if you want to say something," Hoseok said, "We aren't in school,"

"Whatever," Jimin said, "Hana, you are the only one who can control Jungkook when he gets like that. So thank you,"

"What do you mean?" I asked as Jin put a plate of food in front of me.

Jimin smiled and Taehyung sighed before speaking "The last time Jungkook lost his temper, we all got hurt. Yoongi ended up with a dislocated shoulder and we were beaten up pretty bad. If you had let Jungkook go to Yoongi just now, then someone would have ended up with broken bones,"

I looked over at Jungkook who was just staring at his food "But he seemed so cute and innocent as a kid. From what I can remember anyway,"

"Cute? Innocent?" Namjoon laughed "That kid has long gone, Hana"

My heart skipped a beat when Jungkook sent me a wink and I quickly turned my attention to the food in front of me.

After dinner, I had a short talk with Luna on the phone. She called me every day to make sure that I was getting better and wanted me to come back to work. But I didn't bother telling her that I no longer worked there. I missed her, and I needed to see her. But I was scared to leave the mansion.

Jin had told me that they would look after me if I wanted to leave, but since I was kidnapped by a fake delivery boy, I couldn't trust anyone. I was scared. I didn't fully understand why demons wanted to kill me, but the vampires I lived with didn't tell me. I guess they didn't want me to know. I didn't want to know.

I closed my eyes and listened to the boy's bicker about what film to watch. In a strange way, I felt at home. Even though I missed Mark and Jackson, this home was safer. I didn't want to see my two friends get hurt or killed. I stayed away from them to keep them safe since Namjoon told me the demons would go after the people close to me.

Maybe I should lead them to my mother.

I shook my head. No. You can't sink as low as them Hana. Mum and he aren't worth anything.

My phone rang making me jump. I quickly picked it up and the number was unknown. I chewed my lip but answered it anyway.

"Hello?" I said.

"Don't answer that," Taehyung said looking over at me with wide eyes "Shit. Too late,"

"Is that all you can say to your fucking mother?"