SEVEN

"Little mousy" He sang, "Little mousy, come out to play little mousy"

I didn't know how much I could take any more. He would come to play with me almost every night and every time he came into my room, I wanted to be sick. He had become addicted to me. Obsessed. He spent more time with me than my mother.

She didn't like that. I didn't like that.

"Little mousy" He laughed "You still have your clothes on little mousy"

"I'm not taking them off," I said, "Stay away from me"

"Little mousy" He growled, "Do you remember what happened last time you disobeyed me?"

My blood ran cold, and I gripped my teddy not saying a word.

"Good, little mousy," He said, brushing my face with his hands "Now, little mousy, take your clothes off or must I do it myself?"

Tears fell silently, and I dropped my dress to the floor. I watched the man lick his lips and undo the zip on his trousers.

"Good little mousy" He grinned, "I might be nice to my little mousy tonight"

I shook my head, staring at my computer screen. I had broken out into a cold sweat and I was panting. It had been a while since I had a flashback during the day and after my nightmare last night, I just wanted to go home.

I got to my feet trying not to shake too much, and I grabbed my bag.

"Hana. Where are you going?"

"I...I don't feel very well"

"Hmm," My boss said, looking at me "You don't look well. Go home and see a doctor. Ok? Come back when you are feeling better. But make sure you keep me updated"

"Thank you" I whispered, and I almost staggered to the lift. As soon as the doors closed on me, I collapsed to my knees, trying to catch my breath "Shit"

The doors opened "Oh...are you ok?"

"Yes," I said, getting to my feet "Sorry, I just...I'm not well"

"Did you want me to call a cab for you?"

I shook my head "No, thank you. I might need some fresh air"

"Are you sure?" He said, "I really think I should call you a cab,"

"Honestly," I said, "I need to walk,"

"Look after yourself" He sighed, "Get home safely"

As I got outside, I walked to the side of the building. I walked down the alley to get away from people and ended up crying. I had tried to forget about what happened, but it always came back to bite me in the ass.

I thought I was strong enough, but I wasn't. When I felt cried out, I wiped my eyes and headed back out the alley. There weren't a lot of people around at this time, so I managed to walk home without too many people looking at me.

I was glad because I was soaked in sweat and I was sure that the colour had drained from my face. The sudden change in my health was worrying but it might have been because I was stressed. It had been a couple of days since those guys let me go home and when I got back to work I had so many folders to file and complete.

When I got home, I stripped and climbed into bed. I felt sick and every time I moved, it hurt. I called the doctor and they said it was just the flu and to get some rest. I had the flu before, and it never felt like this. I was in so much pain, and I was sweating buckets even though I was shivering.

Mark and Jackson were rushing around trying to keep me warm, but nothing was happening. I just got colder and colder. Mark sat with my head on his lap, wiping the sweat away. Jackson was on the phone trying to get through to a doctor.

"We have to call an ambulance," Jackson said, "Hana, you are getting worse"

"No" I coughed "I'm not going into hospital"

"Hana, sweetie, you need to go," Mark said, "You need help"

I shook my head and groaned "I'm not leaving this bed"

Jackson sighed "Shit, what are we supposed to do?"

I heaved, and my body whined in response "I'm going to be sick"

Jackson flew across the room just in time with a bucket. I emptied my stomach into the bucket and Mark rubbed my back. It burnt all the way from my stomach and until it landed in the bucket. It tasted disgusting and it made me feel even worse.

"Hana, you are being sick on an empty stomach," Mark said, "We are taking you to hospital. Jackson, call an ambulance. I can't sit here and do nothing anymore"

"Wait," I said, coughing "Don't call an ambulance...please"

"You don't have a choice anymore," Mark said, firmly "I'm not watching my friend get sicker with every second"

I chose not to argue. He was right. I was getting worse and it felt like I was dying...I needed all the help I could get.

"Mark" I whispered, "I'm sorry I'm a pain"

"Don't be stupid," He said, wiping the sweat away "I'm here to look after you. Try going to sleep. Leave everything to us, ok?"

"You were always a good friend," I said and I closed my eyes. I wouldn't have kept my eyes open even if I tried.

"You know we would do anything to look after you," Jackson said, redoing my ponytail "We love you and we just want to keep you safe,"

"Thank you," I whispered and I began to shiver again "I hurt so much,"

"Just go to sleep," Mark said, "Jackson has called an ambulance and it will be here soon. We will go with you to the hospital so you aren't alone.

I nodded and wished I didn't. Pain shot through my head and my whole body rolled as I started to be sick again. The boys stayed by my side and told me everything was going to be ok. 

I was in so much pain and hoped that it would pass soon.