SEVENTEEN

This time, I wasn't going down without a fight. I may have been in pain from the night before, but I was going to stand my ground.

This man wasn't going to touch me anymore. No longer was he going to cut me, hit me or fuck me. I was done with it.

I was done with being a damn plaything.

I could hear him stumble through the front door, and my grip tightened on the baseball bat. I heard my mother laughing at something, but even she was going to pay for this one day. Even if it meant being sent to jail. That was safer than being in this home.

My heart was beating so fast, I was scared it would try and escape. I winced as I moved my leg. The slices on my inner thigh were hurting. Mixed with the ones I had made, I was shocked at how I could stand on my feet.

I was only thirteen and yet I had been forced to grow up. Ever since he walked into my life. I was going to send him back from where he came from. The devil was going to be shocked to see his face again.

My bedroom door swung open and in he came. A wicked smile was spread across his face, and he almost dropped the alcohol in his hands. He laughed when he saw me lift the bat.

"What are you going to do with that little mousy?" He laughed, "Little mousy, you don't scare me. Be a good girl and strip, then lay on the bed. I think we should have some fun. Don't you?"

"Stay away from me!" I screamed.

Again, I woke up in a cold sweat but this time I didn't scream. I sat up and calmed my breathing down. He kept appearing in my dreams more often. Even during the day, he haunted me.

I splashed my face with cold water and looked in the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot, and my skin still pale, but I had some colour coming back. My sickness had gone, but Jin had told me that if I spent too much time away from them, it would come back.

They didn't tell me what was wrong, but I chose not to press them. They were doing everything to keep me safe. Especially since I found out demons were after me. I almost laughed. I never believed in any of that until I met Jungkook at his bar. It was still hard to believe that they were vampires. But Yoongi made sure I didn't forget every time we bumped into each other.

He'd smirk and let his fang poke out from under his lip. Jungkook had caught him pressing me into the wall, and he laughed when Jungkook threw him across the room. I tried to avoid Yoongi whenever I walked through their mansion. I didn't have the strength to push him away from me.

There was a knock on the door. I dried my face and opened the door to see Taehyung.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, "Jin cooked for you"

"Oh," I said, "Yes. I'll be down in a minute"

Taehyung smiled brightly at me "See you in a bit"

I closed the door and searched the room for some clean clothes, then dragged them on. I slapped my cheeks slightly to try and get some colour in them, but even then, my pale skin would take over. There was no point in trying to look healthy when my body didn't feel healthy.

As I reached the top of the stairs, I became dizzy and my head started to hurt. I grunted in pain, and I tried to reach for the bannisters, but my vision suddenly went blurry and I lost my balance. And fell.

Kookie was holding my hand as we ran around the garden. We were both giggling and trying to catch the butterflies flying around. Kookie made me so happy. I was glad he was my best friend.

Mother didn't bother coming back for me. She was happy without me. I missed mother. I wanted her to love me. I loved mother.

"Hana!" Kookie laughed "We almost got it!"

"We have to try harder, Kookie," I grinned and we danced around together. Kookie giggled and  patted my head "Do you think my mother will let me stay with you forever?"

Kookie nodded "Yes because we love each other and we are going to spend the rest of our lives with each other and no one will stop us,"

I nodded "You are my best friend Kookie!"

Kookie giggled with me and pulled me into a hug "You are my best friend, Angel and I will protect you from all the baddies,"

"Look!" I said pointing at a blue butterfly "Look how pretty that is,"

"Just like you," Kookie giggled and covered his mouth "Hana is the prettiest girl in the whole wide world,"

"And Jungkook is the most handsomest boy in the whole world,"

We hugged again and we skipped towards the butterfly that was sitting on the fence.

"Jungkook, what are you doing?"

We both turned around and Kookie stopped smiling. The blue haired boy was watching us with his arms folded. He didn't look very happy because he was just frowning at me. But I let go of Kookie's hand and he tried to pull me back.

"Don't go near him, Hana," Kookie said, "He isn't the nice brother. I'll protect you from him,"

"It's ok," I smiled "If he is your brother then he is nice because you are super nice"

"Hana wait, don't leave me!"

"Hi!" I said, running over to him "I'm Hana. Nice to meet you"

The boy just glared at me "Get out of my face, human. Do you want to die?"