THIRTEEN

Mark and Jackson were so angry at me. I suddenly vanished, and they received a message from Jin saying that he would look after me for a couple of days. I hadn't seen them like that for a few years and it made me feel so guilty.

I just wished that I could tell them the truth but I didn't want them to die. Yoongi had made it very clear that if I told anyone, they would die and he would be the one to do it.

The water was hot against my skin and I welcomed the burn. I sighed and rinsed my hair. I stepped into my room in just a towel and caught a glance of my pale skin. I ran my fingers across the scars on my neck and tried to remember being stung by a bee...I couldn't. I didn't believe that women anyway, something else did this.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and remembered what I was told.

We are vampires.

A shiver shot through my body and I rummaged around my room for some clothes. I stepped into some underwear and pulled my bra on. My wet hair pooled at my shoulders, still soaking.

I stood in front of the mirror and ran my finger across the long scar. I knew I didn't do this. It had to be them, but I couldn't remember. I wanted to remember, but I was scared. I blinked and ran my hands over the small scars on the inside of my thighs. I had hidden them well over the years, and I hated the sight of them. They were done by me, mostly, and a few were done by him.

It was a way to escape and I had hoped that at one point I would cut so deep that I'd bleed out. I wanted to end my life so badly, but I never had the courage to do it. I didn't have the courage to tell someone about what that man had done to me, so how could I get enough to end my life?

I shook my head and sat on my bed, still staring at myself. What had I become? I used to have some sort of confidence, but since my dreams were coming back, I had lost it all. I ran my hands through my wet hair and wished I didn't look anything like my mother. She may have been beautiful, but she was evil, and I hated her. I had never met my father, but I used to wish I would bump into him. I wanted to have a father figure in my life and if I had met him when I was young, he may have saved me from my mother and him.

I lay back on my bed and I stared at the ceiling. I missed my Nan. She was the only one to ever love me, so when she died, it felt like my world had collapsed and I had no one. My mother didn't even go to her funeral, I was left to cope with my nan's death alone.

Of course, I had Mark and Jackson but that didn't make me feel any less alone.

I was alone.

When I moved, it was mostly to escape the pain I had suffered in that place and now I was somewhere happy...ish. Even if I moved to another country my past would always catch up to me. There was no way to escape it unless I was...I shook off that thought and sighed.

Did I know Jungkook, or was this just a trick so he could drain me? I groaned. I was so confused. There was something in the back of my head telling me that he was Kookie, my best friend, but I didn't believe it. If he was my friend, I'm sure I would remember. If I had a vampire as a best friend, I'm certain that I wouldn't have forgotten.

It was probably the only joy I had as a child and it was taken away from me.

Maybe my mother hit me in the head making me forget. I snorted, I wouldn't have put it past her. She never was nice to me. I don't remember her telling me that I was beautiful or that she loved me. I grew up not knowing what love was until I moved in with my Nan. She gave me all the love I needed. I wish she hadn't of left me, but she was so ill...so ill.

After she passed away, I decided to try and talk to my mother. I wanted to get things off my chest and I wanted her to realise how much I suffered because of her. But she ignored my messages and she told me that she would have nothing to do with a monster like me. I was the cause of her boyfriend's death and I was just an unwanted child. A monster.

I always wondered how I was the monster. I was just an innocent child caught up in the evilness of my mother and boyfriend. I didn't have a childhood. That was taken from me when I was 8 years old.

I was unsure how long I was lying around in my underwear, but when the doorbell went I almost leapt out of my skin.

I quickly shrugged a dressing gown on, not caring if it was too short, and I rushed downstairs to answer the door. I should have checked the peephole, but I just wanted this person to go away as quickly as possible.

"Are you Hana?" The guy said, looking at a clipboard in front of him.

"Yes," I said, "Can I help you?"

"I have a package for you," He said. As I went to sign the paper, he grabbed my wrist "Wow. I didn't think you were this stupid"

I screamed, but it was muffled as a white cloth went over my mouth,

"Don't worry, Hana" I heard the guy said "You'll only sleep for a little while"