TWENTY-ONE

My face was bruised and broken, but I still wasn't going down. Even after being hit with a bat, he carried on coming at me. He must have been on drugs. His eyes were wild, and he was laughing as he punched me repeatedly.

"Get off me!" I cried out, trying to shove him away from me. He was heavy on my stomach, and even though I couldn't see straight, I was fighting him. If he killed me now, at least I would be safe.

I would be at peace.

"Little mousy" He yelled with a laugh "You never learn. This time I won't just cut your legs! I am going to cut somewhere much worse and after I do that, I am going to fuck you till you pass out!"

I screamed as loud as I could, and I slammed my fists into his chest. All he did was laugh at my weak attempt to fight back but I wasn't going to give up. My nanny said I could live with her. I would be safe and away from the monsters that ruined me for the rest of my life.

"Get off me!" I screamed again, and I managed to hit him between the legs. He grunted, and I shoved him off me. I crawled across the floor and gripped the bat tightly. My hands were soaked in my own blood, and blood was seeping into my eyes.

This was the end for me. But I was going to send this man back to hell before he killed me.

"What are you doing little mousy?" He taunted me "Do you think that scares me?"

"It doesn't have to scare you!" I struggled to stay on my feet, and I had to catch myself on the wall "It just has to hurt you"

"Little mousy" He growled, "I think I am done with this game. I am very angry little mousy. You will never leave this room alive. I will send your battered abused body to that old hag!"

He suddenly ran at me. With the last of my energy, I swung the bat and splintered against his head, sending painful shockwaves up my arm. There was a sickening crack and he fell to the floor, his eyes rolled back in his head. The gash on his head was large, blood spilling over his ugly face.

I fell to my knees and threw up. My mother ran in and screamed when she saw him on my bedroom carpet. Her cold, angry eyes glared at me and she took the bat from my hands. Smashed it against my arm. I screamed out in pain, but I had started to go numb...I let the black take over my vision and I closed my eyes.

Death was an escape for me and I welcomed it.

An ear-piercing scream woke me up, and I looked around, wondering where it came from. I finally realised it was me when the group of vampires were in my room. They swarmed me trying to calm me down, but I couldn't stop.

My body was in so much pain. It was like I was reliving what happened. Tears had blurred my vision and I was in panic mode. I fought with the hands trying to calm me down. I was screaming at them, but I couldn't hear my words.

Strong hands held me to the bed and others held my ankles down. I screamed louder as his voice appeared in my head.

"You thought I was dead, little mousy" He cackled "You really are stupid. I am back, and I can't wait to get my hands on your precious, scarred body. Just you wait, little mousy"

"No!" I cried "You won't get me! Stay away from me!"

"Little mousy, little mousy!" He sang "I am coming for you little mousy"

"Stay away from me!" I screamed "You won't get me! I don't belong to you! I killed you! I killed you!"

He laughed in my head, and it got louder. I cried and shook my head.

"No! Get away from me! Stay away from me" I screamed "You died! I saw you die! I killed you with the bat! You are dead, you aren't real"

The vampires were talking but even though their mouths moved, no words were coming out.

"Just let me die" I cried "Please, I can't take this anymore. Kookie, let me die"

"Hana" I heard a new voice in my head "Hana, listen to me"

"Who are you?" I cried "Get out of my head!"

"We need you to calm down, so you will need to listen to me. I know you don't trust me, but I won't do anything to hurt you. Hana, listen to me" It was Yoongi "Take 3 deep breaths and close your eyes. Think of someone that makes you happy...someone you love...and just make sure to swallow what is put in your mouth"

"Just kill me," I cried, "I'm better off dead"

"I want to look after you," Yoongi said in my head "You need to trust me. Everything that we are doing is to look after you. To protect you. Please, just listen to me. It will help you. I know what happened to you,"

"Angel. I'm here" Jungkook whispered in my ear "Just swallow"

"Wha-ugh" A bitter, warm liquid was suddenly in my mouth. I coughed but a hand went over my mouth, forcing me to swallow. As the hand moved, I opened my mouth to spit, but more liquid was put in my mouth...but this time it tasted sweet and reminded me of peaches. This time, I happily swallowed, wondering what it was.

I opened my eyes and saw blood on Jungkook's lips...his wrist was cut open. Oh god.

He made me drink his blood.

I shoved him away from me and I heaved, wanting to throw up the blood he made me drink, but he pinned me back down looking into my eyes, silently begging me to relax. My body suddenly relaxed and I welcomed a hum that shot through my body.

Even though I felt disgusted that I had just drunk Jungkook's blood, it made me relax and Jungkook said something that made my eyes roll and everything went dark.