8; Are you threatening me?

CHAPTER 8

-

"Here, drink this," Jeongguk says, handing me his water bottle. I smile tight, taking the water bottle from his hand, our skin touching lightly against one another's. "Thank you," I say shyly.

I am sitting on a wooden bench in the park, my ankle twisted a little while running earlier. But Jeongguk helped me, made me sit on the bench. He also checked my foot, nothing serious though. I can walk, that's all i care about.

Jimin was worried, He apologized but it wasn't his fault at all. Also, I can't believe he didn't stop Jeongguk from helping me at all. Strange..

"For what?" He asks, stuffing his hands in his sweatpant's pockets.

"You know.. saving me from falling back there." I tell, smiling awkwardly. I am not all clumsy, I don't know how it happened though, bad luck maybe.

"Oh, That.. It's okay, i'll be there to help you whenever you need me." He says without realizing but i look at him with wide eyes. He immediately clears his throat, "I mean- You're welcome.." He shifts from one foot to another, uncomfortable by the whole situation now. I can sense it because of his body language.

"Ahem.."

I look at Jimin who's squatting down in front of me. "You know, i am still here," Jimin says, clenching his jaw. I can clearly tell from the tone, he's not at all pleased with the conversation me and Jeongguk just had. And i am clearly amazed by how Jeongguk doesn't care about him; he just said what he had to. He's not scared of Jimin.

He gets up to face Jeongguk. They both have a little staring contest, to be honest i feel so uncomfortable right now. I wish, i could just run away to my home but i can't.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asks in a serious yet low tone. And here we go again. I roll my eyes, staring at both the boys.

"Excuse me, It's a public place. Who are you to ask me that?" Jeongguk looks offended.

"Leave.." Jimin hisses.

"Uh?" Jeongguk looks at me, amazed. "Is he serious with me right now?" He asks me. I sigh before speaking, "Ji-" He cuts me off.

"Are you deaf? I asked you to leave," Jimin says in a threatening tone. Jeongguk scoffs, stepping closer to him; chest to chest, "I won't. What are you going to do, shorty?" He smirks.

Jimin expression changes from cold to wild, his fist clutching tightly as his knuckles are as pale as a ghost. I quickly stand up between both the boys, as a barrier.

"Hey, Hey, Can you both act like some civilized human? Or am i the only one here?" I ask, looking back and forth between both the boys. They don't even answer me just stare at each other, come on I am not invisible.

Jimin holds me by the forearm, pulling me behind him. I hiss in pain as his grip around my arm is tight. "Yah!" I yell. He doesn't even look at me, his gaze fixed at Jeongguk; who's expression changed from cold to worried as he saw me.

"I'll let you go this time because you helped Y/N. Thank you, Don't think just because you're Taehyung's friend i won't hurt you." Jimin says, pressing me against himself. As if he's telling Jeongguk; I belong to him.

"Are you threatening me?" Jeongguk asks in a stern voice. I have never seen him like this before.

"Take it, how ever you want." Jimin replies, twitching his upper lip.

Jeongguk chuckles, looking down onto his shoes and then back to Jimin. "Don't think of me as you think about the other boys around in the college. I don't need Taehyung's name for my protection, specially from you," He speaks in a cocky tone, making Jimin clinch his jaw in anger.