49; History repeats itself

CHAPTER 49

-

"Wake up!"

I hear a voice, flat tone. My eyes crack open, slowly adjusting to the lightening of the unfamiliar room. My head throbs in pain as if someone is still hitting me. My throat is dry, making me cough. I am alive?

"Ah, finally you're awake."

I look ahead, narrowing my eyes only to see a man, probably in his 40s siting on the opposite couch; with fancy black suit and perfectly hair styled. Oh my god! someone kidnapped me?

My vision is clear. I try to speak, "Where am I and who are you?" How long have I been here?

"So, you're still with my son," He asks in the same deep voice, and I manage to part my lips to reply, just to abruptly shut them when I realize it wasn't actually a question.

"Jimin is such a useless son," He growls with a very deep frown on his face.

This man is Jimin's father, I thought, wandering my gaze closely across his face. Now they look a lot similar but why did he kidnap me?

Unclasping his hands, he gestures for the seat in front of him with a slight wave, and I nod, hesitantly mustering in this situation. There's something so familiar about this whole scenario but I can't seem to remember.

I take the seat in front of him, failing to ignore the alluring scent of his musky cologne that's suffocating me.

"Alright,"

He mutters as I cross my legs, mirroring his position. Something about his eyes tells me, he doesn't think good of me. I try not to focus on the light shivers running up and down my arms, when he suddenly gets up and walks towards the desk.

"Everything is exactly the same, how it was that day. The only difference here is," Mr. Park pauses, moving his finger across the main desk. I follow his gaze, only to see the name on the desk sign; Park Jimin, CEO, Park Group.

He chuckles, bringing back his gaze at me and smiles, "It was never my intention to hurt you, neither then nor now."

"Then?" I mumble, inaudible. What does he mean by then, when I am meeting this man for the first time in my life.

"All I wanted was you to get away from my son but you're still here. But I am so glad that the baby is dead, no offence." Mr. Park rambles nonchalantly.

Baby.. what baby? I don't understand a word he is talking about. Did he mistake me for someone else?

"I am sorry sir, i think you got the wrong person," I say softly, feeling more and more uneasy with him in the same room now. Mr. Park raises his brow, amused. "I don't think so, Ms. Y/N,"

I stare at him, drop lip, big eyes and ask, "How do you know my name," totally baffled.

"Seriously, you are no fun but I'll let it slide," Mr. Park snorts, walking towards me with an evil smirk on his lips. "All we have to do is wait for my son to show up now,"

"Why did you bring me here?" I ask, feeling so weak; emotionally and physically. My body feels as if the whole energy is drained out.

"To blackmail Jimin, simple!" so blunt and straight forward and pathetic.