18; I like us like this

CHAPTER 18

[ JIMIN'S POINT OF VIEW ]

"Really? changing the pass code to my birth date," I say, getting up from the large sofa beside your bed. You look fazed as if this isn't exactly you wanted but you have no choice, do you?

"I did that on purpose," You say in a low voice, staring at me in amazement.

I wonder, what you're thinking right now? something good or something bad? but I don't ask you not right now. I walk slowly towards you, watching you not step back makes me calm a little. You're not scared of me.

"Purpose hmm, what exactly?"

"My stupid brain thought, you'd never guess I'd keep your birth date as a pass code," You sigh out a shaky breath. I stare at you, taking in all of your beautiful features I missed gawking this past week. It feels as if I was gone for months but it's just a week.

"Where were you," I ask, staring at your face in the dim light of the lamp in the room.

No make up and you look beautiful, you always look beautiful to me.

"Near by store, just to grab something to eat," You answer immediately as if you were waiting for me to ask this question. I hum in response, taking another step closer to you, you don't move again which only decreases the distance between us.

"I'll fill up the grocery tomorrow, don't worry," I say, putting a string of hair behind one ear. Rubbing the back of my hand on your cheek, I feel your cheek getting warm so I ask with furrowed brow, "Are you sick?"

You look at me, shaking your head, "No, why?"

"You're warm," I tell, worried.

Finally you shift a little away, clearing your throat, "Oh, that's nothing," You say, chuckling nervously. I love the sound of you made.

That's when I take in the whole situation correctly, "Are you blushing?," I tease. A small smile makes it way on my lips, loving the affect I have on you.

Your lips part as if you want to say something but you press them into a thin line, shaking your head again without making any eye contact with him. Please look at me.

"No, not at all," You lie. I know because I see right through you.

I nod my head as a response, making you believe that I believe your lie. I clear my throat, shifting a little closer to you, "About that night, I-"

You cut me off, suddenly, "Can I ask you something first," You sound desperate for asking something that's really bugging you. My eyes squint in confusion, I nod telling you to continue with your question.

You sigh, playing with your fingers while nibbling on your bottom lip almost sucking it out. I stare at your lips longer than a second or maybe two, I remember how they taste, how soft they felt against mine but then I also remember, how he kissed you.

Clinching my fist tightly, I take in the rising anger in my veins while thinking about what happened in the closet. Even if I try to forget it, I can't remember to forget it. I guess, it's stuck with me like a bad memory now, like so many others.

No, not today. I won't let the monster inside me overcome tonight. I'll be good today. I tell myself.

"Why didn't you visit me earlier," You ask not looking at me as your gaze is locked on to the floor. I gulp down my throat, not going to lie this question was not I was expecting you'd ask but I'm glad you asked it.