~/20\~

*~Your POV~*

Finally. Two weeks has passed. I've been outside all day, hunting. I really had missed the taste of blood and the feel of human flesh against my fangs. I haven't had a run in with the police, thankfully. No one has called for me yet, so I'm still free. I finished burning my current kills body before climbing back up to the roofs. I felt a breeze blow my hair around me. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. Running my tongue over my fangs, I started crossing the building. I probably hit fifteen people by now, so I decided to take a rest on the nearest roofs stair cap. I haven't had any run ins with HDMP huntsmen since I've been out. I haven't felt relaxed for weeks, but being outside really helped me.

I found a capped stairwell and climbed onto the top of it. Crossing my legs under me, I sat forward with my stomach on them. The streets seemed unnaturally quiet today, even though I have gotten a good amount of kills in. It seemed a little too... suspicious. As if some unknown gang would jump me any second. It didn't sit right with me, but I couldn't just run. 'Hell, I have a reputation to uphold after all', I thought. 'I would just have to kill every single one-', a scream for help cut off my thoughts. I jumped to my feet, listening as the same persons voice cut the air. It sounded like a kid. I took off running in the direction I heard the scream. After crossing a few rooftops, I spotted a female child of no more then twelve sprinting down the side walk below me. Several seconds later, two large males came into view. They were chasing the girl. I ran foreword, getting ahead of the three of them. There was an alleyway a few blocks ahead of the girl. I dropped into the alley and pressed my back against the wall. I waited, feeling for her heat source to come into view. Twenty meters. Fifteen. Ten. I peaked around the corner of the alley and grabbed the girl, placing my hand over her mouth as she screamed in surprise. I put my finger to my lip, quieting her. Her eyes widened, and I could feel her mouth my name against my hand. I looked around the alley. There was a ladder leading to the roofs to the left of me. I dragged her to the ladder and told her to climb. I took a look at her and noticed that her hair was nearly the same colour and length of mine. I felt the other males heat sources come into area. I then heard their voices. I quickly walked to the middle of the alley, my back to the streets. I crouched slightly, hoping to make myself seem shorter. I made sure that the strap of my mask was hidden under my hair. Then I heard their feet as they turned into the alley. I still felt the girls heat source up on the roof, huddling close to the edge of the roof as she peaked over the lip. I heard the males chuckle behind me.

"Looks like your cornered there, sweet-heart." One of them spoke up. "Now, better pay up, and we'll leave ya be." They we're chasing this girl for money. I started giggling, unable to hold it in.

"What's so funny, punk?" The other asked. I stood to my full height, slowly turning around to face them. I let a wicked smile crawl onto my face as I saw them stumble back in fear.

"What's the matter boys?" I asked sweetly. "Afraid to be defeated by a girl?" One of them scoffed.

"One against two. More like you should be afraid." Male one said. The other male chimes in a 'yeah'. I giggled again.

"Wanna test that?" I challenged. That seemed to get them pissed. The first one pulled a knife from his waist band. He charged me. A basic attack. I waited to the last second before ducking under his arm. I reached back and grabbed his arm, twisting it and shoving him. He dropped the knife and fell. The second one had leaped into the air after I shoved the first guy. I spun out of his way and he landed, stumbling forward. I kicked him in the side, sending him flying into the building wall. They both scrambled back to their feet. But I was moving. I grabbed the back of the first one and bent him forwards, bringing my knee into his stomach. He went down again. Now that I had only one remaining, I decided to take him down. I bared my fangs and lunged. I grabbed the base of his throat and wrapped my fangs around the front of his neck, angling it so my fangs would end up right behind the bone. I bit down, feeling veins, nerves, muscles and tendons snap before I felt my sharpest fangs hit his bone. His screams were echoing throughout the alley, and I had never missed a sound so much. I yanked my head back, pulling the bone and flesh with me. His hands flew to his throat before falling limp at his sides. He then collapsed to the ground, dead. I turned to his friend, an innocent smile sitting on my face. He was staring at his dead friend with fear, disgust, and sorrow. I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him to his feet. I turned my head and spit out the bone and flesh. I shoved him away. He let out a war cry and charge me, swinging with every step he took. But again, they were simple attacks. I dodged each punch, before grabbing his arm. His eyes widened in fear as I grabbed his upper arm afterwards. I could hear the car approaching as I spun and threw the male out of the alleyway, and into the oncoming truck. I heard the splat as he hit the truck before it left view, blood being sprayed onto the street. I turned back to the body lying before me before looking up to the roof. The head of the girl was poking out over the top of the ledge.