~/30\~

~*^Your POV^*~

I woke up slowly. The air around me was cold. Cold enough, that I could feel the one person in the room with me. They fastened something around my neck, and I whipped my hand out, grabbing the back of theirs. They let out a terrified scream as I opened my eyes and forced them closer to me, biting down. I let their body slump to the floor, and sat up. I was on some kind of pull out cot, in a smooth cut stone room. There was a mirror up higher on the wall, and a metal door with what appears to be bullet proof glass as the only source to look out of my cell. I looked to the mirror that was angled down at me, and took in my appearance. They had removed my mask, my scars visible to the naked eye now. They left me with my leggings on, but put me into a prison romper. And the chain... it was my identification tag, from when I was younger. When they first had their hands on me. I shook my head. I can't let my fear get the best of me right now. I grabbed the body and dragged it into a corner of the room. As I did so, I drained the heat from the body and stored it in me, locking it away for later use. If it was this cold in my room, than any leak of warmth that I can feel, I would need to steal from whatever it's source was. If I ever wanted to have a chance in here. Which means I can't burn the bodies. There was a knock on the door, then the sound of something sliding across the floor.

"Eat." A male voice ordered. I could make out the black hair and irises of a huntsmen, before they disappeared. I looked to the tray by the door. There was a glass of water, some bread and cheese. I was hungry, but I turned away from the food just as I finished draining the bodies heat. I was hoping the body would be removed from the room before it could start to decay, and before all the blood poured from the wound. I looked up to the mirror one more time and flipped off the people I knew would be on the other side. A system crackled to life.

"Welcome back, Subject 430." A male voice came through. "We're glad to have managed to return you to where you belong. You will have an experiment within a few hours, so prepare yourself." The system went dead. I turned back and patted down the body, but found nothing of use. Growling, I went around the room, feeling the walls for even the smallest crack or something I could use at a later date. But, of course, everything was polished down. Not even a little node of stone or something poked from the wall. I grumbled to myself as I went back to the centre of the room. The tray with the food on it won't do me any good. And, if I were to assume, they probably put some sedative in the water. I felt my anger rise up. I picked up the tray, letting the contents fall to the ground. I turned to the mirror and hurled the tray at it. A decent sized crack formed in the surface where the tray hit, and I could just barely feel the heat pouring from it. I immediately started moving the heat  from the mirror and absorbed it. A lot of the heat was lost during the transfer, but I was slowly building up. I hoped they wouldn't realize what I was doing and wouldn't try to stop the leak. A sigh crackled the system to life.

"And please, try not to ruin our equipment this time. We'll leave this be, mainly since it's a minor problem." They went silent again. I turned from the two-way mirror and grinned. They have no clue what they just gave me.

~Mini's POV~

Terrorizer had told us, after the other four were unable to find any traces of Hound, that he had dropped the faulty unit onto her. He had told us that, from the way she was acting, he was worried about her removing the non-faulty unit. We still haven't figured out what to do with Ohm and Cartoonz, so we've left them in the room. We've untied them, but we always have someone stationed by the door. Smiity sat at a monitor in front of me, running through the code I gave him to track the unit that was left on her. So far, nothing. He slammed his hands down in frustration as another error popped up on the screen, before burying his face in them. He was our main tracker.

"This is hopeless." He mumbled. I patted his shoulder. "I feel like I get this close every time, before something ruins the signal. I don't want to give up, but I can't figure out what to do." We sat in silence as he re-ran the code. He was right, though. Every time we think we found her, something interferes. And each time, the load takes longer before we're hit. "I just want to get her back. I don't want to find her only for it to be too late." He laid his forehead against the desk. His breathing was ragged.

"Don't worry. We'll find her. Then, you can confess your love for her." I joked, hoping to lighten the mood. He mumbled an 'I wish' and I stopped, staring at him. "Wait, do you like her?" He turned to me, the answer sprawled across his face.

"Why the hell do you think I'm so serious about this? If I wasn't, I would have been making jokes and saying how she should be able to take care of herself before we came to a valiant rescue." He turned back to the screen as the error popped up again. "There has to be something we're missing. Another way to track her." My eyes snapped to the screen.

"There is." I mumbled, pushing the rolling chair Smiity was on out of the way.

"What? Why didn't you tell me before hand?" I shook my head as I opened a file, holding today's recordings. It was a program I had set up. It would track and record where each unit was after one person left the base. I could already separate her from the others, considering she was the only one to have left the base at this point of time. I set it to show her hourly. For the first hour, she was running around, only taking a few minutes or seconds of break. Probably to take out some people during her hunt. The start of the second hour, she was sitting on a roof top. Probably thirty minutes went by before there were tiny changes in her movement. Probably when those people from HDMP found the three of them. And on the third, she was moving again. It was too fast to be her running. It was close to her speed, but still too fast. Which means...

"She's been transferred to a vehicle." Smiity stated my thoughts. I just nodded, watching as the blip moved out of the city and towards the mountains. After several twists and turns, the blip disappeared.

"We have a lead." I mumbled, rewinding the recording before pausing right before she disappeared. "We'll start searching for her in this vicinity, then slowly follow the roads up and around. But who knows how long it will take to check all accessible areas. Maybe months. And I don't know what they'll have done to her by then." Smiity just nodded solemnly. I felt bad for him. This is the first person he's actually ever liked. And then for the fates to just go and turn on him like this? I hoped we could find her before something bad and irreversible happens to her.