~/32\~

~*^Your POV^*~

Weeks have gone by. The heat has slowly but steadily building up in my body. I was keeping it locked in tight to my core, some place where people wouldn't be able to feel it if they came into contact with any other part of my body. It was getting uncomfortable now. But I kept collecting. There was the sound of a door clunking open. I walked to the glass and looked out into the empty hall beyond. Another door somewhere on the right opened up, and I heard muffled sobbing. Something like a child's muffled sobs. I couldn't spot them. Not until I was shoved backwards and fell to the ground by the door swinging open. A huntswomen stood in front of me, the small, fragile body of a child thrown over her shoulder. Violent yet muffled sobs wracked her body. Her white leggings were torn, and so was her furry pink sweater. But what caught me off guard was the blood on her. It splattered almost everywhere. I could hear the silent tinkling of her own dog chain.

"They said you were going to get lonely in here, Hound." The huntswomen explained. The girl on her shoulder stiffened at my name. "So, when we caught this one, they told me to bring her to you." The women bent down and not-so-gently placed the child on her back. I stared at the child I had saved from those two wannabe gang members probably a month ago. Her hair was covered in drying blood. What did she get herself into to warrant wearing so much of someone else's blood? The huntswomen left, closing the door, and the child sat up. Her hands were tied with bandannas, and so was her mouth. I saw her swallow as she took in my appearance. Her eyes traveled around the scars littering my face. I reached forwards and untied her hands. She flinched as I did so, but slowly relaxed. I smiled sadly at her once she removed the material from her mouth.

"I was hoping that you wouldn't have gotten hurt by a gang. But now, death is inevitable." I said softly. She began shaking, and I quickly clutched her to my body. I rubbed her back, trying to comfort this child. When would they do it? How painful would it be? Would they be kind to someone like her, being so young? "Tell me, child. How did they get you?" She choked on a sob and slowly opened her mouth.

"M...my pa..parents sold me off." She said. Her once fragile voice was broken, raw from probably screaming. I looked over at the food tray and gently reached over to it. She got the message and slowly started eating, drinking a bit too. I rubbed her back as she did so.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't have helped you more." She looked to me, questions glinting in her eyes as tears fell down her cheeks. I nodded for her to ask.

"What's going to happen?" Her voice was quiet, small, in a way, that made it seem like this wasn't the first time she used this tone. I wanted to lie, and nearly did. But there was no point in sugar coating anything anymore.

"Experiments." I answered simply. "This group will inject you with chemicals. You'll probably die with your first injection." Her body shook with another sob.

"Ho—how do you kn...know about this?" I looked down at her, hoping the answer would be written across my scarred face plainly enough.

"I've been through this more than once. This is my second time being their only surviving subject."

"Are they the reasons why you have fangs? And scars?" I nodded. She looked at me before burying her face in my chest. I ran my fingers through her hair. I might not know this child, but I didn't want her to be alone.

"Tell me." I started, getting her to look at me. "What's your name?" She swallowed again.

"R...Rose." I stared at her. At her bloody clothes. At her dead expression. I hugged her to my body and started rocking the two of us.

"I'll call you my BloodyRose. The one crimson colour that took me away from my death dark place." I kissed the top of her head.

"Thank you, Miss Hound." I stared at the wall for a moment.

"Please. Call me (Y/N)."

~*Delirious' POV*~

I ran around the side of the mountain, scanning everything. Trees, rocks, bushes and grass. Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing. I stopped beside a tree and braced my hand against it, catching my breath. We've been out here for hours, searching. Hounds been missing for weeks, and the only information we have to give us leads is within this un-specific area of land. We still haven't released Ohm and Cartoonz. But every so often, we would take one of them out to help us with checking the mountains. They knew these areas better than anybody else. I could almost say that they were slowly intergrading into this gang. They've been helping as much as they could. And I was even starting to believe that they had the same younger sister feel about Hound as the others do. Which is another reason why we've trusted them this far. I brought my mind back from these thoughts and continued to scan the area. Frustration, and then anger took over as I punched the trunk of the tree I was bracing my hand against. I ran a hand through my hair. I looked to the sun setting over the horizon. I felt the spasm of dread go through my chest. Another day wasted. Another day gone, and nothing of Hound turned up. I slid down the trunk and buried my masked face into my hands. I felt the warm and thick texture of blood as it slid down my knuckles. Only one thought would pass through my mind. We let Hound down. We could have protected her from the HDMP. We had known what it was they did to her, what it was they wanted from her. And yet, we failed. She's in their clutches, probably being experimented on as I sit here. I stood up and walked back to the van. Wildcat, Vanoss, Terrorizer and Lui were already waiting for me. The looks on their faces already told me they found nothing either. We climbed back into the van, solemn expressions on our faces. I hung my head and braced my elbows against my knees.

"Maybe we could show them where it is we're searching. They might be able to point something out." Lui offered, referring to Ohm and Cartoonz.

"It wouldn't hurt to try." Wildcat mumbled. I looked to Terrorizer. I could tell he felt the same way I did. After learning everything about Hound, we couldn't do shit to help her. And now, it would take us too long to find her. To find my girl again. Who knows. They might get bored of her. But what would they do to her if they did? Would they kill her off? Or would they keep her as some kind of pet? A trophy, because they found someone that they could keep pouring chemicals into. Someone who they could keep on hand to use for any damn thing they wanted. To them, she was a toy. But we would get her back. Get my girl back. It might take a while, but she will be brought back to us. And that was something I could promise Hound.