~/24\~

~*Your POV*~

I don't know what came over me. But I knew that I wasn't going to let that bullet hit. I had been scanning the roof, after catching that other heat source. Then I had seen the light reflect off the scope, that was aimed at Smiity. It was silent as time seemed to slow. The sniper had shot. I had grabbed the katana from Pandas back and had turned the blade so it was pressing against my arm, the dull side in view to the sniper. I had lunged in front of Smiity. I watched as sparks flew. I deflected the bullet with the dull side of the blade. Swinging it in an arch, the bullet was sent flying to my left, harmlessly embedding itself into the floor. The blade had pressed into my arm, and I felt a small trickle of blood run down my hand. I stared at where the bullet came from. Unsheathing Icicle, I let it fly. It went between the rafters, and I'm certain I was the only one who heard the distant shunk as it hit a body. Then a thump followed it. The sniper tumbled from the roof, and landed on the floor with a loud crash. Some pieces flew off of it. I whistled a third note, lower then the other two. This note would have Icicle come back to me, but it would also have it bring back whatever it's stuck in. If it's an inanimate object like a wall or a tree, then it will just return to me. I turned and handed Panda back his katana. Everyone remained silent as he re-sheathed it. A few minutes later, the door that led to the second floor was slowly pushed open. I turned to see Icicle dragging a corpse across the floor.

"Damn." I mumbled, bending to remove Icicle from the dead males forehead. "I didn't intend to kill him. Maybe hit his shoulder or something, but not his head." I ran my finger along Icicles sides, removing the blood. I sheathed Icicle and turned around, finding that Smiity had also turned to face the others. They were having a quiet conversation of there own. I'm pretty certain I heard someone ask if they 'knew I could do that'. Only Delirious, Terrorizer and Mini remained silent, casting me worried glances every so often. Their the only ones who could probably guess how I had deflected the bullet with a katana. I had tracked the heat of the bullet as it flew at Smiity, that probably being one of the only reason why he wasn't on the floor and bleeding. But something seemed a little off about the shot. I turned back around and walked over to the sniper. Picking it up, I looked around for the scope and replaced it on to the gun. Examining it, I identified the sniper as a SSG 08. Even though it is a sniper, it wouldn't deal too much damage. I replayed the shot in my head, trying to see the angle of the bullet from a different view. If what I was assuming was close to correct, then... I whirled back to the others. Some of them had watched me walk over to the gun. I walked back to where Smiity had been standing. I trailed what I assumed would have been the path of the bullet with my eyes and determined that I was as close to being right as ever. I looked to the others, and they saw the confusion in my eyes.

"What is it, Hound?" Brock asked. I turned back around to do one final scan over before stating my beliefs.

"The shot was not aimed at his head." I stated. Now, everyone had turned to look at me. "Considering the angle of the bullet, it was aimed at his leg, or something within that vicinity." Now the others buzzed with confusion.

"But... why?" Kryoz asked. I looked to the corpse and walked over to it. I patted down the body, and managed to recover a phone, a set of keys, and a slip of paper. I unfolded the paper and read it. I handed it off to Vanoss, who read it aloud.

"'You have one shot with the sniper. You miss, your dead. Try and hit some place that won't be fatal. We want to warn them, let them know that we're watching, and waiting.'" He finished. I flipped over the dead body and saw something like a visitors pass sticking out of his back pocket. I removed it and found myself looking at the back of it. When I flipped it over, I nearly dropped it. Written in blue letters were 'H.D.M.P visitor/volunteer'. With shaky hands, I passed the card to Mini, who took it with a raised eyebrow, which quickly turned into wide eyes when he saw what the card was. He passed it to Vanoss next. He cursed under his breath.

"More of them? I understand we killed one person of theirs, but why send someone to give us a warning? And why are they warning us? What the hell do they want?" I remained silent as Smiity cocked an eyebrow now.

"Who are you talking about?" He asked. Vanoss shook his head.

"Some group called the HDMP. We first found out about what it is they do when Lui killed one of their members and retrieved a USB key off of them. And now, they sent out someone to give us a warning. But we've only killed one person of theirs. Well, now maybe two. But I don't understand why their after us." I looked to Delirious. The reason why was written across his face, plain and simple. They were after me. And they were going to try and find some way to get me away from the group to grab me. I shook my head, my hands still shaking as I put down the sniper.

"We should leave. In case there are any more of these people around here." FourZero said. We all nodded and left the scorched building, dispersing to our original vehicles. I slid into the second row and tried to calm my breathing. They were getting desperate to get me back. I need to stay on my toes. I don't think I'll be able to go hunting for a while. Basically turned to me.

"How the fuck did you do that?" He asked. I looked at him and blinked. "You know. Deflect the bullet. Especially with a katana." I pursed my lips.

"I've had a lot of practice." I shrugged. It wasn't a lie. I've deflected many bullets with Icicle, so a katana was actually easier to do it with. He narrowed his eyes.

"Alright. But then how were you able to tell that the bullet was aimed at his leg?"

"Like I said back in the warehouse. The angle was to low for it to hit his head." I waved my arm in the air in a dispersing motion, but Basically grabbed my wrist, turning my outer arm towards him.

"Well, now you've also got a decent slice going down your arm." Lui turned around in his seat, and I saw Wildcat look at us through the rear view mirror. I had forgotten about the cut on my arm. It wasn't deep, and it wouldn't be difficult to heal. But I'd better wait a few hour before trying to heal it. I shrugged off my black jacket and took in the cut. It ended just above my elbow, and it wasn't at all deep. I shrugged.

"I've dealt with worse." Basically crossed his arms but didn't say anything else. I put back on my jacket. We sat in silence the rest of the way to the base.