Plans

A few days later, Krickitt met with Kent Summers, the lawyer hired by Jared. "Your court date is about six weeks from now, but honestly I don't see it making it that far." Kent said. "Why do you say that?" Krickitt questioned. "Because she has no case. $5 million for a script that she never owned? There's a good chance that it will be dropped." "Andrea will never drop anything. She never lets anything go. Especially when her ego is at stake." "That may be true, but any experienced judge would see right through this." Krickitt certainly felt better after hearing what the lawyer had to say. Andrea was more powerful than her, which was a given. However, her tactics were faulty.

She got home and decided to relax for the evening. There was a knock on her door as she was in the middle of an episode on tv. She opened the door and Jared walked inside. "Come on in." Krickitt said sarcastically. "You don't answer me on the phone, so I thought I'd come over." "What is it, Jared?" She folded her arms across her chest, trying hard to ignore his statement. "I'm going to Paris for Fashion Week. I know it's short notice, but I thought maybe you'd want to go. Take your mind off of things. Get you all decked out in Gucci." He smiled, being persuasive.

"Oh, that's so sweet of you to ask." "We don't even have to go as a couple. This is just me wanting to do something for a friend." "Jared, I don't know. That'd be an unbelievable experience, I can't afford to miss work. I'm not so good with flying-" He stuck his bottom lip out in a pitiful pout. "Pretty please? I'll take care of everything. You won't have to worry about a thing." After a few seconds, she took a deep breath, "Okay." "You will?!" "Yes, I'll go with you." She smiled at him. He grinned and leaned in to kiss her and stopped himself awkwardly. She felt really bad when she saw the disappointment on his face as he remembered that she didn't want to be a couple. "It's not that I don't want to be with you, you know." "Yeah, I know. I mean, I've been the same way for years. I guess I didn't realize how it felt to be on the receiving end."

"So how did the meeting with Kent go?" Jared asked. Krickitt sighed and sat on the couch. "Good, I guess. He said the case might even get dropped. He sat down next to her."That's great. Andrea really doesn't have much to go on." "I'm just tired of worrying about it already. I just want to write, but it's hard to find time lately." "What better place than Paris to find inspiration? We'll be there for a week. That's plenty of time to unwind and also get your thoughts and ideas together." She gave him a soft smile, "You're right. I'm so excited for Paris! I've never even been out of the states before. Thank you so much, Jared." She put her hand on top of his. He looked at their hands then gazed into her eyes longingly for several seconds. "It'll be a fun trip." He left shortly after.