Chapter 3: Texas hold 'em

"Poker game is Texas hold 'em." Jimin advised Jungkook as the younger nodded while he gazed up at every player at the table. Ready to start this. However, towards the end of the game. Not many players will remain.

             Jungkook set some stacks onto the table. The blind was raising and Jungkook added more to the blind as the bets moved in a clockwise direction. Everyone set their wons onto the table as Jimin placed in his necklace again along with wons too.

            "Alright, try to win the necklace, Jungkook." Jimin smirked as he layed back on the chair. "That's if you can."

            "Can't tell if I will win but if I do, good game." Jungkook added as Jimin chuckled. Again, Jimin smiled and gazed up at Jungkook. Giving him every reason to fall for the older man's intriguing smile.

             "You have confidence. That's nice." Jimin added and picked up his cards. As soon as the game started, Jungkook realized Jimin was no longer giving everyone looks before he striked. It was like Jimin only did it to trick Jungkook! The younger was confused on how Jimin barely even gazed up at the players, showing a different skill onto the table. Now Jungkook was left to read everybody's faces.

           Jungkook watched Jimin drop another card as the the player's began to look worried. "Do they even know how to play?" Jungkook asked himself as he payed close attention to the game. Even the player by Jungkook knew he was at a bad position where he was seated in the wrong seat. Allowing Jungkook to strike him when he gets the chance.

          Later, the game was close to an end with only three players remaining out of five. Jimin seemed as if he already won! The older boy was silently looking down at what cards were being played and suddenly, the game reached a showdown where in Texas hand 'em the remaining players flashed their cards and their two hole cards to make a winning hand combination. Jimin then dropped different cards in the same hand. Winning the poker hand of two pairs against other hands.

           Jimin smiled again and pulled the bettings close as he gazed up at Jungkook. "Still here? Fine then... Just us two..." Jimin added as Jungkook accepted while everyone was cracking jokes on how Jimin might lose. Which in reality, they doubted. Everyone started placing bets on Jimin as no one placed bets on Jungkook. Knowing this was going to be an instant loss for him. Yet, Jungkook still didn't mind playing. "Everyone's placing bets... Maybe it's a sign." Jimin added so sly as Jungkook began the blind which was the money they betted. Jimin raised the blind until the betting reached a maximun number of money or goods that were being betted.

             Jimin accepted his seven cards and set two down as his two hole cards while Jungkook did the same. Jimin kept his eyes locked at the younger man. "So Jungkook, shouldn't you be sleeping for school? High school is nothing to joke about." Jimin added. Sounding like a tease.

           "Same thing goes for you, Park Jimin... Elementary school is nothing to joke about." Jungkook shot back as everyone started to laugh at what Jungkook said. But still, Jimin still kept a blank face.

           "That's really cute..." Jimin added. Already knowing he should ruin Jungkook's card hand.

          "I'm actually in college. Maybe you should stop looking for a babysitter around here and head home." Jungkook said with a blank face. Trying not to give off any emotions. He didn't know what type of tricks Jimin can make out of any random smiles. The people around them kept laughing at how the two went back and forth on eachother, still keeping a poker face through it all.

          "College student?" Jimin asked as Jungkook nodded. "Ah, no wonder you're here... You just need all the money you can get. I guess I can let you win... In a million years." Jimin came back at the younger as Jungkook flinched at Jimin's words. Showing an emotion as Jimin looked up at it and finally smiled. Knowing he finally broke Jungkook down into exposing his emotions.

           "H-He.... Managed to-" Jungkook thought as Jimin still kept a smile.

            "Showdown." Jimin added as he dropped his cards and exposed his two hole cards. Looking up to see Jungkook's cards too. Seeing that the younger didn't have a good hand combination this round. "I win!" Jimin said as he sat back and gazed at his winning cards of a straight flush.

            "Good game." Jungkook said as everyone kept their money who betted on Jimin.

            "Good game." Jimin replied as he pulled his earnings close. "That's it? No one else?" Jimin asked as Jungkook sat up.

            "Rematch! All or nothing!" Jungkook blurted out. Willing to give up every stack he owned in his bag.

            "Depends how much you ha-" Jimin suddenly got quiet as Jungkook dumped the many stacks of wons onto the table.

            "Go. I have this all for one more game. All you have to bet is five stacks of wons and... That necklace of yours." Jungkook demanded as Jimin looked back at some people behind him and back at Jungkook. "I'd like a souvenir when I beat you."

            "I like you." Jimin said with a smile. Putting up his bettings. "Not many people in here have a strong gut like you. I apreciate you making my time here worthwhile." Jimin added as Jungkook layed back on his chair and gathered his new seven cards, chips and watching how the cards on the board were set up.

            "You're welcome." Jungkook claimed while he set his two hole cards faced down for this round. Jimin still looked up at Jungkook, tilting his head and gazing at the younger. Wanting to talk to him during the game.

           "If you didn't come here to get money for college.... Why are you here?" Jimin asked curiously as Jungkook looked up at Jimin and looked down again.

            "Just to help someone..." Jungkook added. Jimin gazed at the younger while the two played and Jimin thought of what to say next.

            "You look like you're nineteen. Are you nineteen?" Jimin asked, watching Jungkook shake his head.

            "No, I am twenty-one years old." Jungkook claimed. Realizing Jimin was getting distracted and playing out bad cards.

            "I guess I'm older then. I am Twenty-three years old." Jimin added as Jungkook listened to the older man. "You're really good at this... Does your parents know?"

           "Doesn't matter what my parents think... If they knew about this.. I wouldn't be here now, would I?" Jungkook replied as Jimin nodded.

            "Good point." Jimin responded to Jungkook while he gazed down at the cards. By now, the game reached showdown after a while of talking and moments of concentrating, Jimin placed down his cards along with Jungkook as they flipped their two hole cards and Jimin's eyes widened seeing they both had almost the same hand but, the kicker was different. In Texas hand 'em the 'kicker' card was to determine which hand would win.

            Jimin gazed at the kicker card on the board and in Jungkook's hand as he folded his arms and sat back on the chair. Making a smile as he gazed up at Jungkook who was quickly glancing back and forth to see if it was true. Already winning by holding a greater 'kicker' card in his poker hand.

           "Oh look, I won!" Jungkook said with a smile as Jimin turned his head to a man who looked like Jimin's personal driver. The man had a cap on, a black suit and tie with white gloves on too.  Jimin whispered to the guy's ear and turned back to Jungkook. Suddenly, Jungkook grew worried. Thinking he was going to get killed over this. However, Jimin only stood up with his charming smile and focused on the younger.

              "I'm impressed. You made my time here a bit more fun. I loved the challenge you put up." Jimin said, balling his hands into fists as he walked up to Jungkook and slowly raising his hand to shake with the younger while he held his hand out openly. 

             "O-Oh thank you. You played great!" Jungkook said with a smile as Jimin shaked hands with the younger.

             "Well, have a good rest everyone, I'll be back soon. Jungkook you better be here by friday. I want to win that necklace. But until then, take good care of it for me." Jimin claimed walking off as the man he was whispering to walked up to Jungkook and patted the younger's back before walking off the poker room. Leaving Jungkook with the group of Poker players who congratulated him for winning against Park Jimin.