Chapter 21: Hold close

"Jungkook you idiot, leave me alone!" Jimin said in return as Jungkook was already laying on the bed like a child. Jimin turned his head to gaze at the younger who layed by his side patiently. "Stop it..."

             "I'm only trying to help you sleep, Jimin. Maybe you are that type of person who really needs someone at night to sleep with. How do you manage to sleep all alone?" Jungkook asked the older man but Jimin just sighed and turned over on the other side to face his back towards the younger. Trying to ignore him. "Jimin..?"

            "You're really annoying, Jeon Jungkook." Jimin hissed, wishing the boy can leave him alone. Jungkook only chuckled and turned to gaze at Jimin's back. He can see the muscles beyond the older man's turtleneck sweater as he grew silent. Wanting to guide his hands along Park Jimin's back.

             "Do you work out? I do too. But at times I get a little lazy." Jungkook whispered, trying to start a conversation since Jimin still had his eyes open.

             "Are you going to let me sleep or not?" Jimin replied turning back to face Jungkook.

             "Well, you can't sleep either way. I just want to see how you sleep with me here. If that isn't much of an issue?"

              "Oh it's an issue in so many levels. Just... stay on that side of the bed and do not touch me. Don't even brush your leg on me because that will bother me." Jimin advised as he turned to face the side of the wall as Jungkook kept staring at the older man silently. "Don't even look at me while I sleep." Jimin mentioned, making Jungkook quickly turn around and face the other way. 

            Jungkook understood this was how Jimin was. At times he was angry, but then at times he wouldn't be and would become the most sweetest person alive! Jungkook couldn't help but to think that Jimin needs him more than ever. What if one day, Jimin grows sick from drinking too much alcohol? Jungkook just couldn't bear the thought of that. Even if the two were just friends, Jungkook worried too much for the older man.

           "Rest well..." Jungkook said followed by silence. The room was slowly getting colder and colder each minute that passed. By now, Jungkook was already sinking his hands in his red sweater and hugging himself tightly. "J-Jimin..?"

            "What?!"

            "It's getting too cold in here... Can you raise the temperature a little?"

            "Ah, maybe it's a sign. A sign for you to leave." Jimin replied while he held the blanket to himself while Jungkook was freezing.

           "...O-Or a sign for you to share the blanket..?" Jungkook wondered as Jimin stayed silent and closed his eyes so Jungkook wouldn't bother. "That's okay... I swear this room is as cold as your heart." Jungkook whispered, taking off his sweater and placing it over his upper torso. "I'll keep warm."

           "Good." Jimin replied so blankly, not caring if Jungkook was freezing. The younger sighed in dismay while Jimin still kept in the blanket. But only then, Jimin turned his body to face Jungkook's as he moved in close to cover the younger with the blanket and hug him tightly under the covers. "Is it really that cold in my room?" Jimin questioned as Jungkook nodded, feeling warmed up now.

        "But I'm feeling warm now, thank you..." Jungkook claimed. Jimin then moved in closer to rest his head on Jungkook's shoulder. "U-Uh..."

        "Is this okay...? I hope you don't mind but laying here makes me a bit more sleepy..." Jimin said. "I really hate having you here... But yet again, this is what I need. Sorry for shouting and telling you to leave. I thought you meant this in a romantic way... In which you didn't, right?"

           "Of course not. I just want to help... We are friends now.." Jungkook responded. He can sense the hint of alcohol and mint in Jimin's breath. The younger didn't mind it and only layed there for his friend, feeling Jimin tightly wrap his arms along Jungkook's waist. Jimin kept his eyes open, looking up at the younger who has already closed his eyes to sleep.

             "I'm... a little happy you stayed here..." Jimin whispered. "But education is nothing to play with... You should contact your professors." The man advised, watching Jungkook nod his head. "You need to be successful. Next time you decide to pull something off like this, I'll send you to college either way, do you understand?"

           "Yes, I know. Thank you." Jungkook responded as Jimin closed his eyes and hugged the younger softly. "A-ah..." Jungkook then looked down to see Jimin had his hips against his body and the feeling alone made Jungkook blush. "You're really close.."

            "..Hope you don't mind.." Jimin whispered. "If you want to move, tell me." Jimin added, feeling Jungkook nod his head slightly. "Do you... Want to sleep here tonight? With me?" Jimin asked, hearing Jungkook let out a short hum in agreement.

            "Mhm." Jungkook then began to smile as Jimin closed his eyes again.

            "I have an extra room in this penthouse... If you need your own room, bathroom and space... You can sleep there. I'll need to buy you bed sheets, a mattress and so on. Just so I wouldn't have to bother you and hug you like this all the time."

             "I don't mind it... You said you needed help on sleeping, so maybe this is what you need. Someone to hold you close at night." Jungkook said. "Get some rest. I'm not going anywhere."

           Jimin smiled and layed his head on the younger's shoulder softly. "Thank you..." Jimin whispered, feeling sleepy. For the first time in a while, Jimin felt at ease and could sleep normally without staying up and drinking until the lack of sleep catches up to him. During Jimin's sleep, Jungkook guided his hand down to Jimin's and softly placed it over the man's soft hands.

           "I don't know why I'm doing this... Why I want to be here for you. Maybe it's because I feel bad for you. Lonely with no family to call your own. No one to talk to everyday... No one to laugh with. Just boats and bottles of poison. Why do you suffer so much? If only you saw me as a closer friend now or even a best friend you can tell everything to... However, we just met and you wouldn't know how to tell me these things..." Jungkook said in his head, turning over to gaze at Jimin's face.

            Jimin's face was soft, charming and perfect close up. Jungkook can see Jimin's soft plump lips, his sharp V-shaped jaw and his sharp jawline along the side of his face. Jungkook smiled, gazing at Jimin who was already fast asleep. The younger felt bad that Jimin had to be lonely for all these years... It made Jungkook realize that it could be the reason why Jimin never wanted to love anyone. He was use to the dark and isolation.

           "I wonder... How long was it when you held someone so close.." Jungkook whispered, feeling sympathetic towards Jimin. Slowly, Jungkook wrapped his arms around Jimin and gave him a hug. Gently hugging the man close. "I'll be here for you, Park Jimin..."