Chapter 63: Like karma

"You're here... I thought you weren't coming back!" Jungkook added as Jimin smiled with the gifts for Hoseok and Mrs. Jeon.

             "Well that was my first plan but then I had to go back to the penthouse, take my pills, pick up these things and come back here. I've been gone for a while but there's one thing I'll never do is leave you without saying goodbye..." Jimin mentioned as Jungkook still had his hand on the door and chuckled.

         "You're going to make me blush like this~" Jungkook whispered as the Mother smiled at the two from the kitchen. "Come in and meet my Mother." Jungkook added as Jimin walked in, taking off his shoes and looking around the house with a smile.

           Only then, Mrs. Jeon walked up to the boy and gazed at Jimin's face with a smile in return. "Hello." Mrs. Jeon said as Jimin bowed and walked up to the woman.

          "Hello, your house is lovely. These two are for you and this gift certificate is for Hoseok, where is he?" Jimin asked as Hoseok poked his head from around the corner of the kitchen.

            "That's me!" Hoseok added, walking up to Jimin as the man handed Hoseok the gift. "Oh thank you!"

           Jimin smiled at Hoseok and looked back at Jungkook, then at Hoseok. "You're very welcome..." Jimin responded as Jungkook rolled his eyes sarcastically, he can already hear Jimin's bickering voice with a hint of jealousy in it. Echoing in his head.

            "Please join us, Jimin. We are about to eat. Tell us about yourself!" Mrs. Jeon added, holding the flowers in her hands and the gift certificate.

            "Oh, of course. Thank you." Jimin responded looking back to place his arm over Jungkook and walk forward, but Jungkook suddenly shoved Jimin's hand away and gave him a look.

           "Jimin..." Jungkook whispered as Jimin pulled a smirk at the younger boy. Knowing Jungkook didn't want Jimin to have any type of skinship right now until they were to come out infront of the Mother. "Q-Quit it..."

           "No." Jimin responded and walked off to the kitchen and sat down where the Mother told him to. At this moment, Jungkook already knew what Jimin was trying to play at and this alone made him worry what Jimin had planned.

          At the table, Hoseok was sitting next to Mrs. Jeon on one side as Jimin and Jungkook sat on the other side together. Mrs. Jeon started eating as everyone else followed. It was nothing but silence at first but then, Jungkook cleared his throat, causing the Mother to suddenly pay attention and look up at Jimin.

           "So Jimin, tell us about yourself! I have been dying to meet you a while back but now that I see you, I want to know what type of person you are. Tell me." Mrs. Jeon questioned as Jimin smiled and held the chopsticks in his hands, poking at the shrimp in his bowl.

            "Well, I am Twenty-three years old, I'm an accountant, I've been told I have such a happy and perfect personality, I enjoy making bottled boats, I... Play Poker.." Jimin claimed. Jungkook then quickly gazed at the Mother. Hoping she wouldn't get angry, however... She was calm and nodded her head with a smile as Jimin said everything about himself.

            "Oh I can see, you really do have such a wonderful personality. You are very charming Jimin, do you have a girlfriend now? Women must really love you!" Mrs. Jeon complimented as Hoseok started to laugh.

            "No... Not any women I see.." Jimin added, brushing his hand up Jungkook's knee. Causing Jungkook's eyes to blow wide while he was drinking his glass of water. "Guess... I have my hands busy to find love in a woman.." Jimin added, softly rubbing his hand in Jungkook's inner thigh.

            "Oh! Taking it slow, I see. Very soon you'll fall in love. Just don't take too long with it or else it'll be too late to find the one!" Mrs. Jeon laughed as she nudged Hoseok, who was dying of laughter on the inside. "How is my Jungkook with you? Does he do all his work? Does he clean? Is he doing his exercises?"

           "Oh of course he does his exercises!" Jimin said in a sly smirk. "He cleans, does his work and very respectful.... At times." Jimin added making the Mother smile. Not knowing Jimin was softly rubbing his hand along Jungkook's thighs.

          "And Poker? You both love poker. Let me guess, you both met in a Poker match? Haha, just kidding. But please tell me how the two of you met." The Mother asked as Jimin gazed at Jungkook and gave another smile, ready to speak.

          "Well! We actually met by-"

           "COLLEGE YES!" Jungkook interrupted as Jimin shook his head.

            "No we didn't silly!" Jimin stated and moved his hand away from Jungkook's thighs. "We met at a cafe. I was sitting by the counters close to the barista and Jungkook walked in to see me there. Then we started to talk." Jimin lied. It was like the family friendly version of how they met. Instead of the club, it was the Cafe and so on. Jungkook sighed in relief as Jimin smiled at Jungkook again.

             "Jimin, what made you want to help Jungkook out in the first place and have him move in with you?" Hoseok interrupted, but asked a good question that the Mother had yet to ask.

             "Jungkook and I... We had so much in common, I saw myself in him..." Jimin said as he fake coughed making Jungkook grow nervous as soon as he paused between such a dirty sentence in his head. "He explained what issues he had, I recommended a job and he was right by my side on that one. Closer to an education and a well paying job." Jimin finished as Mrs. Jeon looked at Jungkook with such a happy face. She was proud of Jugkook for finding such a good opportunity.

            "Oh Jungkook you should have went to the Cafe sooner! Jimin is such a wonderful and successful man! He must be such a good role model for you! Jimin, you are such a mature and great man. Thank you for helping us. If there is anything you need, anything... Please let me know!"

             "Oh no thank you, it's fine really. I apreciate it. But I don't deserve it." Jimin stated as Jungkook looked at Jimin.

             "So humble." Hoseok commented as Jimin shook his head again.

              "Not humble either, but I apreciate your compliment Mrs. Jeon and Hoseok too." Jimin thanked. Jungkook suddenly caught a scent of alcohol from Jimin's breath and the mint he had in his mouth to cover up the scent.

          "Drinking? Again? Ah... I hope he can keep it in... Or else this won't end well..." Jungkook thought. Already starting to worry about his boyfriend.

          "You really remind me of my Husband... He was such a nice man. If you met him you would be able to see the resemblance in the personality-"

             "I've met him... Before... You know...." Jimin said, making the Mother smile again. The woman kept smiling through it all, no matter how long it has been since she has heard good news about her late husband. 

             "Such a shame he died.... I couldn't really believe it! I blame gambling and Poker.... It's not fair he had to be taken away from us so soon. What monster would do such a thing to a nice man like him?! It's like saying you go gambling one day and never come back to Jungkook. Or even Jungkook gets taken away for good." Mrs. Jeon then sighed. "What a disgusting world we live in today.... Filled with idiots who killed him or watched him die... I sometimes wish for revenge, but then yet again... I can't. I just can't oh but they'll have their karma. Not now but soon." The Mother claimed as Jimin kept his blank stare at the bowl infront of him blankly.

         "Karma... Could they already be living with it? The guilt?" Jimin asked as Hoseok nodded.

          "Probably. Guilt is the worst torture there is out there." Hoseok jumped in and answered as the table got silent for a moment while everyone processed Hoseok's deep words. Especially Jimin.