Chapter 67: My heart still beats

Jimin gazed at the shattered saphire and desperately tried to find the pieces so he can put them back together. "A-All it needs is permanent glue! D-Don't worry it'll be okay!" Jimin told himself as he suddenly pressed his thumb down on a sharp chunk of the shattered saphire and suddenly began to bleed. Jimin stopped and gazed at the blood come out quickly of the small wound and start to drip onto his lap.

           "I really am a disgusting mess..." Jimin whispered. "A-At times... I hate that I'm lonely... Now, I suffer through this all because... I have no one!" Jimin sobbed and cupped his face, not caring if the blood smeared on his face. "M-My... My Jungkook.. No longer loves me and wishes I was dead now... Father is dead... You... Jumped off before the explosion." Jimin whispered looking down at the saphire. "At times... I get really tired, depressed... Lonely. I wonder... I wonder if you see me as a mess like Jungkook. I tried. I tried to make you happy." Jimin whispered looking down in tears. "I never grew numb to this pain... I hate this life of mines!" Jimin shouted as he wiped his tears and looked at the shattered saphire. "You're all I have... You have to love me... I'm still your son..." Jimin whispered as he made sure he picked up all the pieces of the saphire and even picked it up one by one if he had to.

           Jimin then set the pile of saphire pieces on the table as he looked up at the time and back at the door Jungkook was in. The boy was there cupping his face in tears. Jungkook was confused, scared and depressed. Just today he woke up in his lover's arms... Not knowing he was the killer all along. "How could I have been so blind?" Jungkook whispered in tears, hugging himself and dropping his head down to his arms. "Jimin.... W-Why...?" Jungkook weeped as he suddenly heard footsteps just beyond the door. Making Jungkook quickly press his body back, refusing to let Jimin in. In Jungkook's mind, he was afraid Jimin might try to kill him now.

            "J-Jungkook...?" Jimin called out softly as Jungkook stayed silent to hear Jimin out. "Please... L-Let me in... Please! I-I didn't want to tell you.. But I couldn't hold it back in. If you want to... Just kill me and end my disgusting life! I don't want to live anymore, Jungkook. Not in a world where I know you hate me!" Jimin continued but Jungkook looked back at the door and stopped crying for a second while tears still escaped his puffy red eyes.

          "No! You're going to live with it just like me!" Jungkook added as Jimin dragged his hand down the door and pressed his forehead against the it too.

          "Jungkook.. Y-You have people who love you... People in your life while I don't! I have no one but you..." Jimin said as Jungkook stayed silent. "For my whole life... I always wanted someone by my side... Someone to love and you are that someone! I-I chose you to live with me because, I wanted to kill myself and have someone to leave all these things with. My car, my penthouse from the day that I met you, I knew I was going to rest soon in peace. I wrote your name all over my will. Getting ready to end it one day. But that day when I wanted to kill myself, I kissed you for the first time and knew life was too precious!... So please, I-I didn't mean to kill him, Jungkook!"

            "Sounds like a personal problem." Jungkook responded regretting every word but he knew he had to be strong even if it meant making Jimin's heart ache from the emotional pain.

              "H-How can I make you love me again... Love me so I wouldn't be so miserable?" Jimin whispered as Jungkook scoffed.

              "Bring back my Father and then I'll love you!" Jungkook responded making Jimin sigh and still keep his hand on the door.

             "I'll... I'll be at work..." Jimin whispered, but Jungkook rolled his eyes and still kept his arms folded. "I... Love you... My Baby Boy..." Jimin added, tearing up as he said it, but Jungkook stayed silent. Not wanting to respond. Very soon, the other side of the door grew silent... Too silent as Jungkook heard the elevator doors ding, signifying that Jimin was off to work. Even if he went through hell, Jimin was very good at masking away his broken feelings.

          Jungkook then started to realize what he said to Jimin and what he did to Jimin. Jungkook broke the boy down and killed him verbally and mentally. Feeling like the real monster there, he still couldn't even shake off the fact that he also shattered Jimin's birth necklace! Jungkook got out of the room to see that Jimin really did leave. But all that filled in Jungkook's heart was worry, anger and guilt towards his lover Park Jimin.

         "W-Why am I so guilty? He deserved it! He deserved to get his necklace shattered! I'm going to live with it and as so as h-" Jungkook then stopped as he stepped on the necklace base and the broken necklace chain that was attatched to the Saphire. The horrible condition the base was left in made Jungkook remember how he stomped on it with all the anger he can muster from his heart where his Father held a special place in it.

          Jungkook then gazed back at the table to see that the saphire was in bad condition aswell. "I-I didn't go too far... Did I?" Jungkook whispered to himself, approaching the shattered saphire and examining it. One part of the gem had red blood stain as Jungkook let out a sigh. Still feeling bad but yet again, it was what he did out of anger that caused him to smash the necklace in the first place.

        Meanwhile, Jimin was in the car at the parked alley outside of his job. The driver of course was oblivious to it all as Jimin layed there on the three car seats, crying and not having enough energy to get out of the car and enter the workplace. While Jimin was weeping, the Driver sighed and looked at the mirror, staring at Jimin.

          "Jimin.... Are you able to go to work today? You're already late.." The man pointed out as Jimin shook his head in tears. "Do you want to talk about this...?"

           "I-I'm just lonely..." Jimin whispered in return. "I'm going to be lonely for the rest of my life because I'm such a disgrace.. Such a mess.." Jimin continued to talk bad about himself as the Driver sighed and shook his head.

           "You have me..? I may not be enough of a good friend but I've heard your problems before.. I know you've been through so much. If you think Jungkook isn't the one caring about you and no one is there for you, just know I am here..."

               "Thank you... For everything... I-I just lost Jungkook... He doesn't love me anymore and I don't know what to do now!" Jimin cried as the driver looked at the boy and turned around to look at him in the eyes.

            "Jimin, I'm going to tell you this once and I know this will get through your head and stick there. There is no such thing as someone loving you for one second and hating you the next. Deep down, Jungkook still loves you. Even if it may not show, there is never a time he won't think of you. Now, I don't know how bad this little fight went but I am certain that boy still loves you. But he's just trying to keep it down. It's up to you to fix things and set them right." The wise man said. Trying to help Jimin out. "It's quick to fall in love but takes a long time to move on from it. Especially when the two of you were so close..."

            "But what if I really hurt him...? Hurt him to the point where he had nothing but burning hate for me... Even if I try?" Jimin asked as The man then opened the cabinet dashboard and pulled out the promise ring box.

          "You gave them my contact information to pick it up when it was ready. Now isn't the time but soon.. Very soon I know this will bring him closer to you. But you have to do something first to get him to understand you." Advised the man.

          Jimin then took a moment as he looked at the ring box and accepted it. Now knowing what he should do before he gives Jungkook the promise ring and gains his lover's trust back. Jimin was only forced to get his hands dirty for someone else that day and in order to get back to Jungkook, Jimin would have to find a way through the monster who planned Mr. Jeon's death at first. But, what was all behind the great mystery?