Chapter 23: The folded card

"Oh... Jimin, I-I... am your friend, right?" Jungkook asked as Jimin smiled as he got out of the bathroom with his grey dresspants on. "If we are friends.. You don't have to be lonely from now on.."

           "Of course you're my friend, Jungkook!" Jimin called out with a smile. "But I'm going to need you to clean around here. Be extremely careful with my bottled boats." Jimin advised the younger as Jungkook nodded, still holding the folded card right by his side.

           "Understood." Jungkook replied, watching Jimin put on his shoes, take out his suitcase for work and adjust his shades over his eyes. "Go well." Jungkook added, watching the older man walk out of the room, waving and leaving Jungkook all alone afterwards. The younger waited until he heard the elevator doors open and close as soon as Jimin left. "D-Did he cheat just to get me here with him?!" Jungkook thought and stood up quickly. "Ah, he's out of his mind if he thinks he will cheat just to win me over! Who does that? Why did he choose me over everyone?" Jungkook raised his voice as he walked out in the living room, listening to nothing but the calm water of the pond.

            Jungkook was confused, he felt furious and a bit betrayed due to what Jimin did. It seemed like Jimin cheated and Jungkook knew this by now. It was obvious. "Y-You're no friend of mine... What type of man does he think he is?! Taking off his shirt infront of me and asking me if I like it?! Ah, and I looked back at him... I may feel attracted to the same gender, but I don't want to move any closer to someone who lies to keep me in their grasp! What makes me so special?"  Jungkook raised his voice while he folded his arms and walked to the kitchen to retrieve the broom. "I don't even want to clean..." Jungkook sighed as he started to sweep the floors.

         The younger did complain about not wanting to clean, but then again, how could he let Jimin down like that? It was at that moment, Jungkook was confused on what he felt towards the situation. In his mind, Jimin cheated in order to win. No wonder Jungkook knew something was off when Jimin held a winning hand of 'Full house' this card that was rolled up, was a 'King' card used to match up with an extra card to make a pair of the same 'King' suit.

           The whole day, Jungkook remained cleaning, following Jimin's wishes either way because he still feared what Jimin might do if Jungkook disobeyed him. While Jungkook was cleaning, the boy suddenly stopped wiping the counter top of the kitchen and gazed up at his phone that he placed ontop of the counter, by the coffee machine. Only then the boy got an idea.

          "I hope he doesn't mind me calling him... I just can't help but to wonder if he did lie.... Did he? He couldn't... Right? Ah, Jimin doesn't seem like a guy who would do this. Atleast in my world." Jungkook thought, picking up the phone to finally ask Jimin. Deep down, Jungkook just hoped Jimin meant no harm and didn't mean any of this at all.

          Meanwhile, Jimin was in the cubicle in his office, going through pages of work as he bit his lip softly, gazing at the paper and typing numbers down in his calculator. In his small workplace, Jimin had a clear bottled boat near his dark grey MacBook laptop, folders of paperwork, a cup of coffee and a muffin by his office telephone and his own cellphone.

          "Hi Jimin!!" Said a happy, handsome tall guy with his name tag that read 'Kim Taehyung'. His eyes were dark brown, v-lined shaped jaw, messy blonde hair, circle-golden glasses and a grey and white suit for work. His attire was sharp and handsome yet his face gave off the tough work and lack of sleep look. But he still worked through it all.