Chapter 68: Deep wounds

Jimin walked into the building where he works as he gazed down at the promise ring box and smiled. Opening it and closing it to see such beautiful two promise rings. Just looking at it made Jimin feel like he didn't get into a big argument with Jungkook. Throwing their big fight to the side like it was nothing... Even if part of Jimin still cried over his birth necklace.

           Jungkook just didn't seem like the boy who would do this. He wouldn't hurt the older like that and Jimin knew he deserved it... But the necklace? The only thing Jimin had of his Mother? Not a chance. Jimin kept walking to his office when suddenly, he bumped into Yoongi, causing the older to drop the stack of mail in his hands.

           "Hey! Watch it!" Yoongi hissed as Jimin glared at Yoongi, not in the mood to put up with the man's savage behavior at the office. Yoongi was known as the strict, hardworking yet lazy, grandpa of the whole office. Yet the label didn't bother him. "Jimin..? Are you okay? You don't look too good.. Have you been crying?" Yoongi wondered as Jimin shook his head.

           "Mind your own buisness, Yoongi..." Jimin stated as a tall man, dimples deep as a pool, dark blonde hair tossed to the side approached them. This man wore a dark burgundy red coat, white dress shirt and black dress pants for the bottoms as his face gave off such a positive and charming gaze that made his eyes gleam at everything at sight.  "Hey, Yoongi.. What's going on here?" Said the man in his low yet intriguing voice that had a monotone and raspy tone to it too. Jimin flinched and looked at the man, by the way Jimin reacted, this was Jimin's boss, Kim Namjoon.

          Namjoon was such a peaceful and delicate man. Very leading and strong in the mind. There was times where the workers were scared of him. Only scared of not doing what they are supposed to do and letting down the leader. However, as everyone tried their best to impress Namjoon, Yoongi on the other hand, did as he pleased. Not treating others differently and being himself.

           "Does Jimin look alright to you?" Yoongi asked, pointing at Jimin as Jimin still held the promise ring box in his hands.

           "Jimin...? Are you okay? Maybe you should stay home. This might be bad to have you work through a sad face..." Namjoon added, walking up to Jimin and patting his shoulder, looking at the ring box and gave him such a big smile. "Good luck with it." Namjoon stated, hinting at the ring box. Believing it was a proposal and Namjoon was willing to send him home to do it.

         "W-What?! I'm sad too! Send me home! I'm miserable here!" Yoong whined, following Namjoon as they walked down the hall of cubicles. Jimin let out an exhale and turned around to call the driver back. Now he had enough time to think this through.

          Very soon, Jimin was on his way back, hoping Jungkook didn't trash up the penthouse and ran away from him. Jimin was too scared to head home but he was tempted to see his lover. He couldn't leave Jungkook after this. As much as the truth burned within his chest, Jimin still needed to talk to Jungkook. Yes he was still upset on what Jungkook did, but there was no way he was going to ignore the one he loved deeply.

          Jimin was at the elevator, travelling up to the penthouse as he placed the promise ring box in the pocket of his coat and looked up at the ceiling of the elevator. "No..." Jimin whispered to himself. "I won't do it today... I can't after that. I just need to wait. Do what he told me, patch it up before giving the promise ring over to him. Then he'll love me... He'll forgive me! R-Right...? Ah! No he won't! I may not be the one who killed him out of my pleasure... I was forced. How could he still hate me for this? If I didn't mean it.." Jimin thought as he looked up to see the elevator doors open. Suddenly, he can see that the pieces of the Saphire was no longer there.

           Jimin quickly walked up to the cabinet and hid the ring box under some mail as he closed the cabinet and stared at the table. Realizing Jungkook must have destroyed the last few pieces out of anger. Jimin started to tear up as he slammed his hands onto the table and began to weep silently. His eyes began to water as there was a sting in his eyes from the tears he has shed over and over again about this guilt. The guilt that kept coming right back up in his head like bubbles floating up to the surface while he was under the water. Drowing from the pressure.

             Jimin clenched his fists on the table and continued to cry when suddenly, the door opened of Jimin's bedroom and out Jungkook walked, dragging his luggage behind him. Just then, Jungkook gazed up to see Jimin not at work and just standing there by the table in tears.

           "Where are you going...?" Jimin whispered with the little motivation he had to speak. Just by looking at Jungkook dragging his luggage, he knew he couldn't keep it in him to speak. "Please don't leave...." Jimin added as he looked at the younger in the eyes. "I-I can't... I can't watch you leave. I love you... Don't you love me too? I know deep down you do..."

          "Love you..?" Jungkook scoffed as he shook his head. "You think I'd love some killer?! Forced or not... You should have atleast avoided it." Jungkook added, making Jimin suddenly snap. However, every word Jungkook said sounded like he was in pain. Wanting to shake Jimin off now.

           "JUNGKOOK HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO AVOID IT!? DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT FORCED IS?!" Jimin cried as Jungkook got silent and raised a brow. Looking like he tried to hold back his pain. Trying to leave Jimin wasn't easy.

          "Look at you, Jimin! You really are a mess... A disgusting mess... How could I ever love you?" Jungkook said, hearing the break in his own voice while he teared up and turned around to face away from the man. Already crying. Deep down he didn't mean it, but it was the only way Jimin would leave him alone. Sometimes it was necessary to break something to feel free... But the shattered pieces alone are enough to leave a scar in the process.

          "Don't bother me anymore... I don't want you anymore." Jungkook hissed in tears and started walking to the elevator when Jimin suddenly ran up to the boy and pulled him by his hand but Jungkook stopped and kept his tearful glare at the elevator door while Jimin teared up and held Jungkook back by his hand, locked with it as Jungkook wanted to lock hands with him... But his anger prevented him to do so. Jungkook just hated to love Park Jimin.

         "No.... No please stay!" Jimin sobbed and looked at Jungkook. "I can't lose you.... Not you! Not the only one who loves me..." Jimin sobbed as he looked down at Jungkook's motionless hand. "Please Baby Boy.... C-Call me your Love again... Please... Love me again... I don't want to live if you leave. T-Tell me deep down you still love me!" Jimin pleaded. "I've always longed to fall in love... I-I longed to put someone's head on my shoulder and smile at me... Not fear me..." Jimin whispered in tears as he gazed down at the boy's hand. "N-Not hate me..."

            "L-Let go of me..." Jungkook whispered and quickly snatched his hand and started walking up to the elevator to leave. Only looking back to see Jimin on the floor. Watching his lover leave his life. Throwing Jimin back into fear and cold solitude. As soon as Jungkook entered the elevator, pushed in the pin and the elevator doors closed, Jimin looked down at the ground with his eyes widened, not being able to cry from all the pain. His tears were dried and it hurt to cry again from the sting.

         Jimin then took a moment, looking back at how the day started. Such a beautiful day... The skies were beautiful, he had a good rest with Jungkook in his arms and the younger woke up with such a smile in his eyes. That perfectly painted picture alone stained in Jimin's mind.

          "I can't... I can't lose you.." Jimin whispered. "I-I'm going to fix this!" Jimin added as he quickly pulled out his phone. "Even if it kills me... I want you to understand me... I know you want answers and I'll give them to you..." Jimin added as he started to contact an unknown number. Longing to patch things up with Jungkook through the person who caused this whole mess from the start.

          Jimin held up the phone to his ear as he awaited for the line to pick up. Only then, someone answered as Jimin let out an exhale. "Sungko... We need to talk..." Jimin stated, drying his tears and looking at the elevator door where Jungkook just left prior to the phone call.