Chapter 42: Medications

Jungkook was in the kitchen washing dishes after cooking for himself. Jungkook occasionally glanced at the elevator, expecting it to ding and Jimin would walk in to greet the younger with a smile. Yet, it took forever for Jimin to get back.

           "H-He would get done with work eventually and I know he wouldn't go out to drink today... We made a deal." Jungkook thought as he let out a sigh. "How am I supposed to keep calm if he keeps doing this to me...? Ah, If I see him come home smelling like Alcohol... I-I'll... I'll- ah, who am I kidding? I can't hurt him... I don't even know what goes through that man's head!" Jungkook argued with himself, setting down the glassed plate and letting out a sigh. "He must be going through his own issues.. I shouldn't add more to it... Jimin seems like a sensitive guy, I can't do that to him." Jungkook mentioned as he resumed washing the dishes. Waiting for his boyfriend to return.

            After hours into the bright day, Jungkook was sitting on the couch, staring at the cards on the table from last night's game. Jungkook smiled looking back at the moment yet still wondered what was wrong with Jimin and why wasn't he here now? There was things like this Jungkook longed to learn from Park Jimin, but why did he get this feeling that he was always only a housekeeper to Jimin? A friend to the man and nothing more? It was off how at first Jimin was angry and refused relationships, but suddenly, he was all happy and accepted it by the next second so quickly!

       Jungkook began to realize that handling Jimin wasn't an easy thing to do. Jimin was at times uncontrollable, but then he becomes the sweetest by the next second. Jungkook let out a sigh as he pressed his body back against the couch and closed his eyes from the discomfort of cleaning and crouching down to get the dirt from under the tables.

           "Please... Jimin come back or atleast tell me where you are." Jungkook whispered to himself, closing his eyes and letting out an exhale as he rubbed the temples of his head. Only then, the elevator dinged and in walked Yoongi, one of Jimin's co-workers. The man wore black suspenders with his black dress shirt and matching black shoes with pants. Yoongi walked in with some medications in his hand as Jungkook quickly flinched and his eyes widened, not knowing who this intruder was.

         Yoongi looked up and suddenly locked eye contact with Jungkook. "Who are you?"

          "I-I should be asking the same thing!" Jungkook responded, quickly standing up and backing away to reach a nearby vase or something to throw at the smaller yet older man.

          "Min Yoongi, Jimin's co-worker. You?"

           "H-His boyfriend..."

          "Odd... He never mentioned you were here. But he sent me here." Yoongi added as he placed the medications down on a table and looked around the penthouse. "Why are you here? Jimin never told me his boyfriend would be here.... And he never said he had a boyfriend."

             "Jimin doesn't have to tell you everything..." Jungkook responded as Yoongi folded his arms and tilted his head slightly.

            "I just asked him if there was anyone in his penthouse and he said no one.... Are you intruding?"

             "N-No... I'm not..." Jungkook said as Yoongi shrugged.

              "Seems fair. If you are a robber, the passcode is 95101319 I would stop you but I'm too tired and I can care less about Jimin's things." Yoongi stated, walking over to the kitchen.

          "You... Aren't leaving?"

            "Jimin told me to drop off the medications, not to leave exactly after. I'm taking my precious time." Yoongi responded. Jungkook then walked into the kitchen with the older man. "Why are you following me? I'm not your 'Daddy'."

          "Never said you were... I just want to know where Jimin is.." Jungkook worried as Yoongi opened the fridge and took out a can of Citron tea.

           "He's at work. He doesn't really talk much to any of his co-workers so this is the only time he asked me to take this to his home. It's weird but I don't mind. He said he'll pay me extra if I do it. Yet he was on break and I didn't see why he couldn't do it since, he does have a boyfriend here." Yoongi added, walking to the elevator with the can of Citron Tea in his hands.

          "C-Can you tell him to text me when he gets the chance?"

           "Sure." Yoongi added blankly, tapping on the button to open the elevator and leave the penthouse. "I'll be sure to tell him."

          Jungkook smiled in relief as he turned to face the bag of medications on the table. "W-What's that for?"

         "Oh that's Jimin's. I don't want to put my nose in any of his buisness. I was just here to do him a favor." Yoongi added, pushing in the code once more as the elevator doors then closed.

          Jungkook kept eyeing the medications and wondered what it was. "W-What if he has a little flu...? What if the alcohol gave him something bad?" Jungkook wondered walking up to the bag as he held up the brown bag. "WHAT IF HE HAS STD's?!" Jungkook shouted in worry as he backed up and looked at the bag of medications sitting on the table.

          "H-He can't have STD's... Or else he would never touch me like that... But yet again... Why is he embarrassed to show what he has?" Jungkook wondered walking up to the bag again to let out a sigh. "I'll just look at it.. Just a little look." Jungkook added curiously.

          The younger then held up the brown medication bag and opened it to see a closed container with Anticonvulsant tablets. Jungkook held up the tablets and read the back of it to see what was the purpose of them.

      "Controls seizures, relieves pain, and treats symptoms of certain psychiatric disorders... Reduces epileptic fits..." Jungkook said. Starting to realize what Jimin had. Jungkook pulled out his phone to search up what causes Epileptic fits.

         "Triggers differ from person to person, but common  triggers include tiredness and lack of sleep, stress, alcohol, and not taking medication." Jungkook read out from his phone and tilted his head. "I-Is that what he has?" Jungkook wondered as he set the tablets down and noticed there was a signed doctor's note down at the bottom of the extra treatments in the brown medication bag.

       Jungkook took out the extra medications for Jimin's issue and found medications like Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor which Eases symptoms of depressed mood and anxiety, Antipsychotic which Reduces or improves the symptoms of certain psychiatric conditions. Jungkook started to feel worried as he set out the medications and finally picked up the doctor's notes. Instructing when to take the medications... And eventually, Jungkook's eyes glided down to where Jimin's problem was highlighted on the paper.

           "Bipolar Disorder..." Jungkook said to himself, looking at the small slip of paper that was signed by Jimin's doctor. For once, Jungkook finally felt like he was getting answers on why Jimin's attitude kept switching constantly.

        However, the truth alone made Jungkook pity the older man and only made Jungkook wish to hold Jimin close and steer him away from all those dark thoughts that would pass through Jimin's mind and wish to hold him close. Just to show Jimin that he wasn't going to go through this on his own.