Chapter 18: The isolated man

When the two arrived back at Jimin's Penthouse, Jungkook dragged his luggage behind Jimin, feeling a bit comfortable with having the man with him now. The younger no longer complained to himself about it and eventually found a way to accept reality. Jimin was a nice person to be around and Jungkook knew that maybe one day they can grow closer and become best friends.

              "I feel so glad now that I have this under control... I no longer have to fear my Mother's reaction for this." Jungkook said as the two got on the elevator. "Now I just need some extra jobs to work with." Jungkook added.

              "Extra jobs?"

             "Yes." Jungkook responded with a smile. The younger then held onto the handles of the luggages excitingly. "I need to find extra jobs to be able to give my Mother Money."

             "Didn't you hear what I said before? I will be able to help you now. There's no use of you working hard for this. I have plenty of things to teach you if you'll be here. I can pay you for cleaning, staying here, or you can just ask how much you need. I don't mind giving you it."

           "Woah, no way you need money too. I don't want to waste your savings... I can just-"

            "Jungkook? Accept this already and don't complain." Jimin responded as the two soon reached the Penthouse floor. "You need to stop refusing these types of things. If it's something you truly desire, then get it. Don't you worry about me now and just accept it." The older man claimed, stepping out of the elevator and walking in the Penthouse. "Don't try to be so humble." Jimin stated, taking off his shades and started to rub his eyes softly from the small headache he had from the car ride and drinking.

             "You know.. It's so weird how you suddenly wanted me to be here. Did you feel lonely? Longed for a friend?"

            "No." Jimin replied, letting out an exhale as he rubbed the temples of his head softly before walking to the kitchen, getting out some tea he could brew.

          "You know Jimin, that wouldn't be happening if you would just lay of the drinking a little. I don't know you that much  to say you had enough of drinking... But I'm just going to let you know that I worry too even for those people around me. Too much drinking-"

            "Shhh... Jungkook shhh!" Jimin hushed the younger and brewed his tea as he let out a sigh. "I-I'll be in my room the whole day. Do what ever you want. Want to cook? There's ingredients and the stove is right there. Want to watch dramas? Remote is on the table. Please don't bother me and we'll just be fine." Jimin advised Jungkook as he walked off to his room with a cup of hot water and a herb tea bag.

            Jungkook set his luggages by the couches and looked around. "So I guess the living room is my room." Jungkook whispered. Not wanting to cause Jimin any more headaches. Jungkook then began to think to himself until he realized, he should atleast cook for the older man as thanks.

          Jungkook walked into the kitchen and gazed at pantry to take out dry noodles, dried seaweed to boil, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and a bag of rice. Jungkook set out his ingredients and went through the fridge while he gazed up at the time. "I'll get into campus soon..." Jungkook whispered as he took out frozen beef from the freezer.

             Jungkook was soon cooking the items he found in the kitchen, he boiled the beef in a big pot as he added on soy sauce into the pot to give the steamed beef more flavor. Later on, Jungkook set up the counter table with served side bowls of spicy red noodles, steamed, peppered and salted beef, hot sticky rice, boiled seaweed that was under the steamed beef in the main dish. Jungkook arranged the table with the big bowl of cooked seaweed and steamed beef on the center, hot rice in a big bowl, spicy noodles on each side dish, steamed vegetables of carrots, steamed potatoes, and cuts of cauliflower.

            Jungkook walked back to the pantry to find tea but all he found was hangover tea. "Ah, nevermind... Water will do." Jungkook thought, taking out glass cups of water and ice to set them on opposite sides of the table. Only then, he was finished and the young boy was excited to call over Jimin now. "Jimin!" Jungkook called out. But Jimin was still isolated in his room. Jungkook walked up to Jimin's bedroom door and knocked on it to call Jimin over to eat. "Jimin... I made a meal so we both can eat. Maybe we can sit together and talk before I head out to school. Wouldn't that be nice?"

             "Eat without me.... I'm going to sleep." Jimin said, laying in his bed while he gazed up at the ceiling.

             "But I made a meal for the both of us. I would hate to see it go to waste..." Jungkook continued as nothing else followed but silence. The younger then sighed and walked back to the kitchen and suddenly got an idea. Jungkook took out containers from the cabinets and started to serve Jimin in the plastic containers, grabbing a pair of white steel chopsticks and a fork to go along with the containers of food too. The boy then reuturned to Jimin's door and realized it was unlocked the whole time.

           Jungkook knocked before entering as the lights in the room were cut off and the only light that filled the cold room was just the light emerging through the thick curtains. Jimin turned over and faced Jungkook. Gazing at the younger's figure while he set the plastic containers on a desk, turning to see Jimin laying on the bed. Staring up at him. "I thought I said not to bother..." Jimin whispered in a shaky yet gloomy voice.

             "I'm not going to let you starve yourself because of some headache. I'll be outside eating if you need me." Jungkook whispered in a calming tone so he wouldn't cause Jimin much more pain in his head. The younger then left the room, not being able to see what ever was in Jimin's room.

            The boy went to sit alone on a stool to the marble counter while he began to eat. The atmosphere of Jimin's room was dark, depressing and lonely. Jungkook thought it would be better for Jimin to spend time with the younger... But yet again, Jungkook knew nothing about Jimin and what went on in the charming man's mind. "If only I could help.." Jungkook whispered while he served himself from the serving dishes, onto his bowl. "What's the purpose of having me here then? Did he only want to support me and just give me money? Then why am I here?" Jungkook questioned as he ate alone.

          Only then, Jimin's bedroom door opened and Jimin walked out with his shades covering his eyes again. Jimin set the container of food down on the table as he gazed up at Jungkook, sitting on a stool across the counter. "Thank you for the meal..." Jimin thanked the boy as he took the lid off of the hot meal and looked up at Jungkook again.

            "Are you okay?" Jungkook found himself asking, without gazing at Jimin's face. Thinking he will see Jimin's nose red from crying.

            "Never better..." Jimin replied placing his hand on his head as he rubbed the excruciating pain on his temples. Trying his best to eat through it all and make Jungkook happy too. "Enough about me... You wanted me to join you so here we are. Let's take a moment and talk about you. Tell me about yourself, Jeon Jungkook."