Chapter 28: I know you

"Jimin... D-Did he just really say that?!" Jungkook thought, looking at the soup that he stirred with a spoon. "He really is a tease.." Jungkook added in his thoughts while he scoffed. Making Jimin turn his head to the younger.

          "And what was that for?" Jimin asked, sounding a bit too demanding as he locked his focus on Jungkook.

         "Nothing!" Jungkook answered quickly, watching Jimin make a smile.

        "You know Jungkook, I never came across anyone who would be able to beat me at Poker... But just this one person and you." Jimin claimed, watching Jungkook tilt his head and neglect eating for a while just to listen.

           "Is that so...?" Jungkook asked feeling slightly jealous. "Did you bring them here too...?"

          "Of course not! Why would I? That's weird. Only you, I did this deal with. And I don't regret it." Jimin responded with a smile as he reached over for his glass of water and drank from it.

       "G-Go on..."

        "Haha, this also reminds me of someone. So, Jeon Jungkook... How's your Father? Is he well?" Jimin asked with a smile as Jungkook blinked and looked down. "Well..?"

           "He's... Not here."

            "Is he abroad?"

            "No, Jimin... I meant. Not here... Not on earth. He's dead." Jungkook answered seeing Jimin look at his food.

             "Dead..? I'm so sorry for your loss... Jungkook.." Jimin whispered as Jungkook sighed and refused to eat any further. Suddenly, Jungkook wanted to ask Jimin about Mr. Jeon... Hoping maybe Jimin would tell him more about his Father when it came to gambling. That was something Jungkook was curious about. "Not going to eat anymore?"

        "No. Y-You played against my own Father, Jimin? How was he? Was he amazing?!" Jungkook asked with a smile, almost tearing up to listen. It's been so long he has heard about his Father. Only longing to learn more about Mr. Jeon's gambling life.

         "Yes I played against him many times but he kept winning. Ah, he was good at it, not going to blame him for that... He was like a Father to me but only at the club. He would say 'Don't drink too much, how will you be the best when you're drinking away your life?' and 'Take it easy with the alcohol. You don't want to pass out during 'showdown', huh?' he was caring towards me and the other gamblers." Jimin said with a sigh. "Such a nice guy... S-Should have lived longer.. It's a shame." Jimin pointed out, starting to tear up. "I'm sorry.."

          "It's okay, Jimin... We all cared about him. He was such a nice and caring guy. Get's along with everyone." Jungkook said, trying to lighten up the mood. Surprised his Father made so much friends at the club even coming across Jimin too.

           "No! It's not okay! He's dead!" Jimin cried, looking at Jungkook. "Don't you know when someone's dead, they can't come back ever?! There is no reset button... Just a life or many lives ruined by the depression. Even to the one who caused it all." Jimin said. "Can't you understand that? He's never coming back.. I speak from experience.."

             "What happened, Jimin? You can tell me.." Jungkook asked, knowing Jimin was tempted to talk to him about his past.

             "It was when I was born, My birthother... She died.. She died giving birth to me, then I was left with my Father. Tried all he could to watch over me and protect me from harm. Such a nice guy... Almost like your father! But, of course... He was worst. My father enjoyed abusing other ladies. I even questioned why all of my step Mothers left so quickly. I was never aware since I was just a little boy. So, one day my Father crossed the line and ended up getting killed by an officer trying to defend a woman but Father wouldn't stop! Then... Off to the adoption center I went. Being adopted by families and being dropped in again after. Adding onto my suffering of watching my Father get shot." Jimin confessed. "In my mind, Father was getting help in the hospital and will be coming back for me but I had to learn through the bullies in my foster care that he was gone and never coming back. I cried so much that day." Jimin said as Jungkook was slightly tearing up.

            "I know how that feels... Ugh if only I can just kill that monster that took my Father's life! I wish for him to die." Jungkook said out of anger. Watching Jimin dry the younger's tears.

            "I.... wish for that too." Jimin said with a sigh. "This is getting too sad for the both of us, let's talk about something else." Jimin added, gazing at his birthmother's necklace around Jungkook's neck. "How about this?"

           "O-Okay..." Jungkook responded as Jimin set the bed table onto his side of the bed cabinet and moved aside to allow the younger to sit with him. Jungkook had his tears dried by Jimin, he was blushing as he sat down next to the attractive man and took off the necklace so Jimin can hold it.

           Jimin held the necklace, gazing at the beautiful saphire that gleamed from the room light. "This necklace... It's so old.. Mother had it. From what Father told me was that she had plans to give this up to her future child. Which she hoped would be a girl, not aware of the chances of me being a boy. My Father would tell me that in time, she would have another gift if she has a boy but I didn't think it was special. She left without knowing what gender I was so I stayed with the necklace... Reminding me of how Mother wanted a perfect daughter. Not a son." Jimin claimed. "Can't help but to get mad when I look at this thing, can't tell if I really hate it or care about it. This was a reminder of Mother not getting what she wanted... I bet she's watching over me, upset I wasn't a girl. But then, this was the last thing I have of her. So then I get happy." Added Jimin with another sigh followed after.

         "I still think you should atleast keep it. This is your Mother's gift to you. Why not take it?" Jungkook asked as Jimin shook his head quickly and placed it around Jungkook's neck.

          "No... No I can't. I treat it badly. I put it up for blinds in Poker, I sometimes find myself trying to throw it to the wall and hoping it'll break into small pieces." Jimin feared. "You can protect it from me. Please don't let me hold it for a day.." Jimin whispered as Jungkook looked down at the necklace. Knowing he carried something extremely precious to Jimin. "Don't let me have it... Ever!" Jimin mentioned as Jungkook nodded.

         The many stories Jimin told Jungkook about his life made Jungkook fear those dark thoughts that could be swarming around in his mind. Slowly, Jungkook grew very cautious about Jimin's drinking habit and made sure to never leave his side just to make sure Jimin doesn't get worst. Watching Jimin suffer... that was the last thing Jungkook wanted from his friend and of course, his new love interest.